ICQ, Messenger, Trillian

renakuajo

Check out this article on ms.com It may be that your DSL modem or service provider could be implementing your service through some form of NAT service. Worth checking into anyway.....

h*tp://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/techinfo/deployment/natfw/default.asp

Let us know if this answers....

LS

Dammit Drewdatrip stop promoting different software. We're trying to solve a problem with a software the user is having with sending/receiving files. Suggesting other alternatives saying its better is hardly gonna solve that problem is it?

dude!! dont fight:blueteam

i like all IM just want to get an answer of why i cant send files, its like everything looks fine........lots of services are disable or set to manual........anything there that can prevent me of sending/receiving files??:) :yeahyeah

Dammit Drewdatrip stop promoting different software. We're trying to solve a problem with a software the user is having with sending/receiving files. Suggesting other alternatives saying its better is hardly gonna solve that problem is it? [/quote:75a5b2832e]

Aaron, the reason that i suggested that he use trillian, was due to the fact that i misunderstood his post. I thought that he said the problem was occuring with aim/msn yet not with trillian. So you see, theres nothing to get p***ed about :)

-drew

i read the article but so far nothing....yes before xp i was able to send files, but after xp i was able to send files if the other user doesnt have xp as Os.....if i try to send or received files w/some that has xp as OS xp dont let me......now it happens w/everybody

Upgrade trillian to the newest version available. Second, contact your ISP and see if they are blocking anything on their end, with regards to ports etc... YOu can do this by contacting their technical support. Another thing you can try is using HTTP TUNNEL WITH trillian. HTTP tunnel allows you to run internet applications over the port 80 (http port), which might cure your problem. Another thing to do is delete zonealarm from your system completely. Try black ice defender, or go the hardware route if you really must use a firewall. MAKE COMPLETELY SURE YOU have administrator Privileges. In otherwords, use TWEAK UI, go down to accounts and check the box that says show log on as administrator. Then log on as the administrator my hitting startlog off then select administrator

or

To log on as the Administrator

In “Log On to Windows,” type Administrator and the password you assigned to the administrator during Setup.

Click OK.

If a message appears informing you that the system could not log you on, verify that CAPS LOCK is not turned on, and then retype your password.

IMPORTANT

Running Windows XP as an administrator makes the system vulnerable to unnecessary security risks. Instead, use your user account to perform routine tasks such as running programs, working on documents, and visiting Internet sites.

Or

YOu can make sure the administrator by going to start/control panel/user accounts and make sure you are the administrator!

Big Booger

Other than that, I dont know what else to I can offer at this time. Contact TRILLIAN/MICROSOFT/YOUR PROVIDER etc...

ok

i have latest trillian update, also i remove ZA pro and put tiny personal firewall........now at least i can send files via trillian....well sometimes.........The thing w/the ISP is in progress cause the last time i call (can u believe it) the support guy didnt know crap of what I was talkin about!!!!!!

Well thanks to all the persons that have post their ideas thanks i keep U inform!!!!:nerves :)