Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Compatibility Tab and System Restore Small Fix Tool!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Legolash2o

Legolash2o

Windows 7 Toolkit Programmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
What causes this problem?
The problem is caused when "Error Reporting" is removed using vLite, the fix below does not bring back "Error Reporting" its just the files so it wont slow down your PC.

How can it be Fixed
Download the Tool below which checks if the file exists and you can select what files you want - does NOT require installing, just app in a folder so can be deleted after. So 100% no junk. Also NO restart or installation of the tool required. Saves reinstalling Windows too!!!

Download
Link > Link Removed
Problems?
Any problems with this application i have made report to ME and not nuhi, any problems with vlite then report to Nuhi. If you have any suggestions for this program, feel free to contact me.

Also try just get the files you need from the "Files" folder and put them into your System32 folder but please report the error to me :) Thanks.

Info about the tool / How the tool works
The program only works on vista for obvious reasons and automatically detects if you are running x64 or x86.

If one of the files already is there then the fix button associated with that file is disabled.

Once "Fix" is clicked, the associated file will be copied to the system32 folder and should change to "File Not Found!" to "Working!" and next time you load the program is will detect the file. It also says next to it what that file fixes.

Also once you click "Fix" the program will check if its copied correctly, after you've done everything you want with it then you can just delete the program as it doesn't need installing or uninstalling, think of it as a portable program.

Also once clicked it is normal for the buttons to disable (grey out)

Enjoy. :thumbup

Edited by legolash2o, 18 December 2007 - 06:39 AM.

Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

django

django
  • 9 posts
OMG YES!

I confirm that this fixes the problem with the missing compatibility tab. :thumbup

Thank you so much buddy :)

mj084

mj084

Junior

• Pip
  • 53 posts
i will test it tomorrow...
would be genius if it works

Dynaletik

Dynaletik

• PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
Thank you. It worked like a charm. :)

Legolash2o

Legolash2o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Your Welcome, Glad its working for everyone else too :D

Posted Image

tarlar

tarlar

• 10 posts
Works perfectly, thanks a lot!

mj084

mj084

Junior

• Pip
  • 53 posts
After copying the 2 files manual to system32 folder (sfx didn't do it), it works with Ultimate x64 :thumbup

edit: ah the x64.exe copies the 2 files to sysWOW64 dir, but vista needs them in system32 dir

Edited by mj084, 27 August 2007 - 12:46 AM.

Legolash2o

Legolash2o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

After copying the 2 files manual to system32 folder (sfx didn't do it), it works with Ultimate x64 :thumbup

thats odd, how come you had to do it manually n did anyone else?

Posted Image

mj084

mj084

Junior

• Pip
  • 53 posts
1 minute after your post i'd made my edit...

Legolash2o

Legolash2o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
yep re-uploaded the x64 file and will put a batch file and the desktop which will move them for you :)

The problem was due to that the sfx which you download runs in x86 mode and therefore files go to the SysWOW64 folder instead which is annoying.

Edited by legolash2o, 27 August 2007 - 08:51 AM.

Posted Image

Legolash2o

Legolash2o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Decided to make this fix into a little tool which has files for both x86 and x64 (without going into the SysWOW64 folder). If you have problems with the program just get the files you need from the "Files" folder and put them into your System32 folder.

The program only works on vista for obvious reasons and automatically detects if you are running x64 or x86.

If one of the files already is there then the fix button associated with that file is disabled.

Once "Fix" is clicked, the associated file will be copied to the system32 folder and should change to "File Not Found!" to "Fixed" and next time you load the program is will detect the file. It also says next to it what that file fixes.

Also once you click "Fix" the program will check if its copied correctly, after you've done everything you want with it then you can just delete the program as it doesn't need installing or uninstalling, think of it as a portable program.

If you have any suggestions for this program, feel free to contact me. Download link at top.
Any problems with this application i have made report to ME and not nuhi, any problems with vlite then report to Nuhi.

Pics

1st Pic > First pic as a preview probably when you first open the program and have both files missing.

2nd Pic > This pics shows faultrep.dll was fixed in a previous use of the program and wer.dll is when ive just cliked "Fix".

Edited by legolash2o, 27 August 2007 - 10:18 AM.

Posted Image

canibus

canibus
  • 6 posts
I still have problems when installing some applications, WinAMP and SQL Server 2005 for example. Is this patch supposed to fix that?

Attached Files

Legolash2o

Legolash2o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
It says at the side of it "Compatiblity Tab" & "System Restore", havent had the chance to check anything else and didn't even know winamp was affected, Winamp for me still installs and works fine and just brings up that message on the install part of it.

If have also changed the program quite abit but havent needed to upload the newer version (but that won't fix that message for winamp), if you want ill look into it?

Edited by legolash2o, 28 August 2007 - 08:16 AM.

Posted Image

canibus

canibus
  • 6 posts
It might be good to try to fix it. I made a new ISO and left system restore and all that in there, so I don't need it right now. Other people might need it though. WinAMP installs even though it brings up the error but I couldn't get the SQL Server 2005 installer to even come up.

BTW, thanks for your work.

Legolash2o

Legolash2o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Nuhi what other files are removed with Error Reporting or registry entries?

If anyone knows how to can you search the registry for any instances or "wer.dll" thanks

Edited by legolash2o, 29 August 2007 - 08:08 AM.

Posted Image

Clint

Clint

Go ahead, punk'

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Nuhi what other files are removed with Error Reporting or registry entries?

If anyone knows how to can you search the registry for any instances or "wer.dll" thanks

Don't expect him to answer that, doesn't matter how much you helped before....

Edited by Clint, 05 September 2007 - 10:18 PM.

MSI X58M @222BCLK
920 3942A @4.22GHz (1.32v)
Sapphire HD 5850 @1GHz/1.3GHz (1.2v)
Mushkin Blackline 12GB PC3-12800 @1.33GHz 6-6-6-16 (1.64v)

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & vLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,343 posts
Clint, I missed you.
http://www.nliteos.com | http://www.vlite.net
Remove components and customize Windows

Buddhaserver

Buddhaserver
  • 8 posts
Hi,

Well im here because i also removed error reporting and probably something else as well that causes the issue im having.

BF2 used to work on the full install of vista only when "run in xp sp2 mode" was enabled under the Compatibility tab.
Ive checked for everything else, gfx drivers, directx, patches etc they are all up to date.

I followed the instructions as stated by legolash2o but in no way do i get the compatibility tab back. Attached is a screen shot as to how
far i have got (or not). Ive searched for other topics etc about this but yeah ..zip. I'm not really in the mood to make another vlite vista (this one is 2 days old)
and then do a reinstall so I'm hoping I've made a "stupid' mistake or overlooked something and that one of you can point me in the right direction ?

Oh yeah, the component fixer straight away showed me that the wer.dll was already present, so i rebooted and rechecked... same deal, no "com tab". I then copied the one
in the component fixer folder (yes the x86 one) into system32 folder, but that gave no changes.

To date I only need the compatibility tab for BF2 as everything else i use runs fine on vista, so if there is some other way I'm also interested.

Thx and am looking forward to any reply on this,

Attached File  compatibility_issue.jpg   195.1KB   33 downloads

p.s BF2 = Battlefield 2 (just in case)

Edited by Buddhaserver, 25 September 2007 - 02:22 AM.

Haagse-BAF

Legolash2o

Legolash2o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
do you have a preset for when you used vlite?

you can try going to "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\" and right click on BF2 itself to see if it appears, i dont think compatibility shows on all shortcuts.

you can also try to delete/replace wer.dll in the system32 folder and then use either my program to copy it or copy it yourself from the x86 folder, its worked for everyone else so it might be just a case of removing something accidently using vlite.

EDIT: Just released a newer version, some things have been changed, possibly some fixes (i say probably because it was done ages ago just didnt upload it), and some more options i.e. help you manually copy the files, remove current files, and so on.

Liam

Edited by legolash2o, 25 September 2007 - 04:27 AM.

Posted Image

Buddhaserver

Buddhaserver
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the reply.

Im not too sure on what you mean with a preset for when I used vlite. Do you mean a list or settings of exactly everything i removed? If so.. nope..!
Yeah it was always on the shortcut before but i had also already tried from the original .exe (just in case another screenshot)

Once i deleted the wer.dll from system32 folder... well you can see that the fix it option is still grey! If i copy and paste it back to system32 folder from the x86 folder of your
app, still no changes and goes back to the same as the first screenshot i posted.

Vlite is not installed atm either.

Attached File  compatibility_issue_2.jpg   196.63KB   23 downloads

Although you say no reboot needed etc I did reboot but no changes. Worth a shot :)

Dont know if this is non-sense, but perhaps there might be a service NOT running that is needed for it ? To show the compatibility tab ?
Haagse-BAF

Legolash2o

Legolash2o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
yep the preset is the list of everything you removed, did, etc... it might be on the vista disk you burned (last_session.ini)

try the new version... because before you had to close and re-open the program (as it scanned for the files when it opened)

in services(start > run > services.msc) check for.... "Application Experience"

Edited by legolash2o, 25 September 2007 - 04:42 AM.

Posted Image

Buddhaserver

Buddhaserver
  • 8 posts
Yeah okay I got the list of presets, rather long though so rather ask if it's okay to copy paste into here ?

I tried the new version, the text "Compatibility Tab System Restore" is grey but the "Fix" botton is black but will not react. Same with Inkball section.
I did Advanced options -> Delete All then checked in system32 folder... both are gone. Closed your app and started again .. same as sentance above.

Application Experience is not present in services.msc list. I do however have "Andrea ADI Filters Service (AEADIFilters)" there and read that it also has something to do
with application experience. Stopped it and re-tried your app. Same deal.

Ill post the list of presets if thats okay... on my next post!
Thx for your imput!
Haagse-BAF

Legolash2o

Legolash2o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Andrea ADI Filters Service (AEADIFilters) never heard of it and i dont have it, since application experience is not present in services, that maybe your problem and yep its ok to copy the preset here or jsut attach it :)

Posted Image

Buddhaserver

Buddhaserver
  • 8 posts
hehe okay. That Andrea came with PS CS3 master collection i think!

Yep in the preset list i removed Application Experience. d0h ! Does this mean "re-install" ? or do you have a marvelous way of restoring it ? :whistle:

Attached File  Last_Session.ini   4.24KB   12 downloads

here it is.
Haagse-BAF

Legolash2o

Legolash2o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
hmm might have an idea, come back abit later lol, or you can check if

%SystemRoot%\system32\aelupsvc.dl exists which will save alot of time

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic