Installation fails, no matter what.

CrazySerpiko

Hello guys.

I bought this morning a windows vista home premium dsp pack, to install to my new laptop :)

The point is, installation fails, right after the black "Windows is loading files" screen. It pops up a text box, named "setup.exe" saying something like that "The exception unknown software exception 0xe0000100 on software placed in 0x7707b09e.

Installation through windows also stops, claiming windows doesn't have the nessesary files to copy from and a 0x800 something error. This is living hell.

I read about vlite, but i wasn't able to fix this. I added drivers to the installation, integrated hotfixes but it's all the same.

Ms asked me for a 75 bucks just to check my problem (cause dsps or oems font get any support from ms).

I have one gb of ram, shared with the onboard vga. I read that you actually believe that this fault is about the size of the ram? I was planning to add 2 dimms do you think that will fix it?

Is there a way to fix this through vlite?

I hope someone will answer me, i'm so frustrated :( Thanx for hearin me out though. :wacko:

You think?? I ve had several bsod saying something about memory management, i hope you are right.

This means, both blue screens AND the installation will be over tomorrow! :) *me crosses fingers.

Im running the tests right now. :)

Edited by CrazySerpiko

1 pass and 50% to go and the error count has reached a critical 83968 of bloody errors. That is never good, right? :S

I took the malfunctioning dimm out and i managed to complete the installation with no problems whatsoever. So thank you, Bigbrit, you really saved me there :)

And thanx nuhi for makin a great prog that we can all use :)

CrazySerpiko, over and out ;)