Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

DVD not booting

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Thanatos

Thanatos

GGTW

• PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined 31-August 03
I've attempted to make a multiboot CD using CDShell, the only options i'm using are Partition magic 8 (.IMA file made from boot diskettes with winimage) winxp pro sp1 and 2003 enterprise. When I try to boot the partition magic image, I get an error saying PM8.IMA was not found, even though its in the root of the CD and cdshell.ini points to "memdisk /PM8.IMA". My XP and 2003 Server installations also don't boot. When I try to install them, setup can't find the EULA and stops. The installation files are under setup\winxppro\i386. I'll draw a diagram to explain...

PRO1.DAT (root of CD)>all instances of i386 replaced with PRO1 (folder in the root of CD). SetupSourcePath = "\SETUP\WINXPPRO\" in txtsetup.sif in \PRO1.

I don't know where this has gone wrong but somehow, the files from the original CD are missing from the process :)
Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

timm2000

timm2000
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 03-November 03
The Partition Magic file in the ini is .IMG not IMA, I just changed it in the ini file but, copying the 2 disk to a folder then making a 2.88 image didn't seem to work for me. I got a dump code when I tried to go into it..

The ISO DVD out of MSDN has a few quirks...

I am getting a "Cannot find NTLDR" when I select Win2k pro and Win2k3 Ent.
I also have 2 setupldr.bins, one in the pro1 and i386 and the ent2 and it's i386 dir.
I changed them all to the paths stated but, I think the MSDN versions are hoaky in that they are mixed breeds ... :rolleyes:

May have to try this at home with retail software... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users