Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyeball

SRV 2008 on VPC?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all

i am running XP X64 and i am trying to install server 2008 beta 3 X86 on virtual pc 2007 but i keep getting an error saying the cpu is not compatible with 64 bit mode?

has anyone seen this? does anyone have any ideas on how to get around it?

Does the CPU in your machine support hardware-assisted virtualization, and if so, is it enabled?

Hi Cluberti,

yeah its a Q6600 so it definately does, im running a vista vpc, and thats fine, its only server 2008, im wondering if i could have somehow downloaded the x64 edition rather than x86, because i dont believe virtual pc supports 64 bit os'es does it?

thanks

No, it doesn't - meaning you are probably right, you have an x64 copy of the .iso.

thanks Cluberti, thats what i was afraid of, i guess im gonna have to redownload it, cant see how it happened tho i got it straight from MS,

ah well :blink:

EDIT: god im so dumb i just looked and there are 3 languages, the top 3 are x64 the bottom 3 are x86, i clicked the top english one..... d'oh!

Edited by eyeball