Uininstall .reg files shell?

Foppah

No, not possible without something 3rd party that tracks what the .reg file adds, subtracts, or changes. A .reg file is just a text file that regedit.exe or reg.exe parses and then uses to modify the registry.

Hmm... ok. I'm new to make my own .reg-files and I read somewhere that if you put a (-) before the [changes] you uinstall it... Like this:

[b]Example.reg[/b]

REGEDIT4

INSTALL
; WHAT IS DOES
[Changes]

UNINSTALL
; WHAT IS DOES
[-Changes]

So my thought was if use only .reg files with the install info, and no extra code, then I have a explorer shell thats inserts a "-" after every "[" then it would be solved. I want this because then I can easy test new .reg-files (and make my own) and if I don't like it I can switch back fast.

Is far from bullet-proof. Let's imagine your .reg file adds a key somewhere, but the key already exists. What should the uninstall section do? Or more subtle, it changes a dword value. To change it back you should have stored the old data somewhere.

Is far from bullet-proof. Let's imagine your .reg file adds a key somewhere, but the key already exists. What should the uninstall section do? Or more subtle, it changes a dword value. To change it back you should have stored the old data somewhere.

Mmm... your right! Sorry! :rolleyes: