aviv00

[Guide] Win server 2008

195 posts in this topic

pps. this is still a work in progress & tested to work with server 2008 sp2 not R2 btw. do let me know how things go?

Edited by dead0

here my workspace i use [for DISM.exe] for windows 6.1 [ windows 7 or windows server 2008 r2]

1.bat

use this to open the cmd with wimdir already set

just edit it to ur wimdir

SET wimdir=g:\Work\WimMount

or what drive or dir u wanna use

en.bat

enable the feahters u would like to have pre-installed

ad.bat

add package / hotfix

ff.bat

get more info about same feather

f.bat

get the full list of the feathers u could enable or disable and the more info

p.bat

get the full list of packages [ofc after using the wim_tweak]

if u adding same package u might not see it so u redo the wim tweak

install_wim_tweak.bat

run the wim_tweak on the wim image

same examples

En DesktopExperience [ or En.bat DesktopExperience ]

en IIS-FTPServer

En WirelessNetworking

p >> pgs.txt

f >> fs.txt

re Microsoft-Windows-QWAVE-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~6.1.7100.0

thx dead0 for ur guide i will index it soon

Workspace.rar

Edited by aviv00

if anyone is still interested, i will post another guide to vliting your server 2008 sp2 web or standard x86. i have managed to get the iso down to 625mb for web & 680mb for standard with the add features in server manager still intact. after install, hard drive space consumed is about 3gb.

Hi, i'm interest, but have questions:

1) Is obligatory add Bitlocker packages features? Or can I delete from "features.xml" ?

2) Is obligatory add netFX 3 package feature? Or can I delete from "features.xml"?

3) Can I remove BitLocker and netFX features with vLite ?

4) Can your guide be aplied to Server 2008 SP2 standard Spanish?

Thanks for publishing your guide

Hi dead0, i use your guide (changing a bit the file features.xml), after install Server 2008 SP2 Std these package are left:

atsmip.png

I want to remove all using the file "packages.txt" , except Internet Printing Client and Wireless LAN Service.

My question is: How can I get these features complete name ? Thanks

Edited by underxp

if anyone is still interested, i will post another guide to vliting your server 2008 sp2 web or standard x86. i have managed to get the iso down to 625mb for web & 680mb for standard with the add features in server manager still intact. after install, hard drive space consumed is about 3gb.

Hi, i'm interest, but have questions:

1) Is obligatory add Bitlocker packages features? Or can I delete from "features.xml" ?

2) Is obligatory add netFX 3 package feature? Or can I delete from "features.xml"?

3) Can I remove BitLocker and netFX features with vLite ?

4) Can your guide be aplied to Server 2008 SP2 standard Spanish?

Thanks for publishing your guide

Hi dead0, i use your guide (changing a bit the file features.xml), after install Server 2008 SP2 Std these package are left:

atsmip.png

I want to remove all using the file "packages.txt" , except Internet Printing Client and Wireless LAN Service.

My question is: How can I get these features complete name ? Thanks

1) it is obligatory to add bitlocker in features.xml if you want to remove it from the feature list (see your pic)

2) i would highly recommend to keep netfx

3) as long as you added bitlocker & netfx in features.xml, then you can use vlite to remove it

4) it should be language independant so i would think it will work?

for some reason, i couldn't remove everything as usually the internet printing client, lpr port monitor & print service tools remain. also, bear in mind, there must be at least 1 server role available otherwise (it doesn't matter if its not installed) the server manager will crash

One question, Server 2008 can play games normally (Devil My cry, Prince of Persia, Assasin) ? because some programs don't install when detect server plataform.

One question, Server 2008 can play games normally (Devil My cry, Prince of Persia, Assasin) ? because some programs don't install when detect server plataform.

you could try installing in compatibility mode to see if that works?

Dead0, after read your mini-guide how to use DISM with Seven 7229, I will try Windows server 2008 sp2 as Workstation later...

Dead0, after read your mini-guide how to use DISM with Seven 7229, I will try Windows server 2008 sp2 as Workstation later...

see my mini-guide in the windows 7 thread! im still learning on how to use dism btw :P

use the manual method

nice

worth opening new topic for that :)

Edited by aviv00

Thank you legolash2o and I hope you release v1.3.3

Edited by ricktendo64

No problem, as i was working on W7T i noticed another few bugs so i fixed them so i'm now on 1.3.4 lol. I've managed to get the Component Removal in AIO Integrator working so you can remove packages from all versions automatically :D