Sharing Drives on a XP32/XP64 Dual Boot

sreilly

I've been searching till my eyes hurt and can't find any post on this issue. I built a new system with dual booting XP Pro both 32 and 64 bit OSs mainly due to processing large stacks of astronomy images at once. The system uses Intels Core 2 Duo E6600 cpu, 8 GBs (2x4) RAM, Nvidia 7800GS video card and MSI P6N Deluxe main board. I have 3 - 320GB SATA HDs and a 500GB SATA installed with XP Pro 32 on one physical drive and XP Pro 64 on another seperate drive. The remaining two drives are for storage of image raw and processed data. With each seperate image file being 12MBs and the average finished image consisting of 60-100 image files, the need for more RAM than XP 32 can use required XP 64. That solved a lot of issues but now I find that no matter which OS I boot into, and although the drives are shared under each OS, I can't access any of these drives from any of the other 4 networked computers.

What I have noticed is that when I boot into XP 32, default setting, C drive is listed as XP32 as expected and D drive is listed as XP64. This reverses if I boot into XP 64. C drive then becomes XP64. E and F drives remain named the same regardless of which OS I'm in but they are also blocked from the network. I've tried this without firewalls, without anti-virus and the result is always the same. Am I trying to do something that can't be done or am I missing something critical to accomplish this task? I'm totally stumped on this one but that doesn't take much some days. The data is backed up on external drives but I would rather not have them active when not being used to backup additional data. I sure could use some help on this one. :blushing:

Thanks,

Steve