Dual booting Vista and MS-DOS 6.22

php111

Hello,

I am having a problem setting Vista to a different partition and let DOS stay on C. When i select the partition for Vista when DOS is already installed after Vista is installed Vista switches the partitions so that DOS is on a different partition and Vista takes over C. Why is that? Oh instead of making a different thread i just ask here. Is it true this January Vista is coming out with something like SP1 or SP2? and what is that about? I head it is suppose to make it better?

As arablizzard2413 said, why do you want to dual boot DOS and Vista?

If you want real DOS you could install it in a virtual machine.

About Vista SP1:

It has a number of fixes and improvements, many people wouldn't even consider upgrading to Vista until the first SP is out. It's expected that most problems with the initial release of the OS will be fixed with the SP.

Don't you know how to search? Simply search for: Vista SP1

Hello,

I am having a problem setting Vista to a different partition and let DOS stay on C. When i select the partition for Vista when DOS is already installed after Vista is installed Vista switches the partitions so that DOS is on a different partition and Vista takes over C. Why is that?

Tis the nature of the beast...

This has nothing to do with DOS, and everything to do with Dual Booting Vista. Vista will always insist on being on C: when it is booted, it will also happily give C: back to the other OS when the Other OS is booted.

Is the Peek-A-Boo C: drive game annoying? a bit. ...But it's not hard to get used to.