Power prob!!!

zErO

Having a prob with my second puter sometimes when I turn my puter on, the power comes on and sometimes theres nothing:mad:

have to push reset and then it comes up the monitor clicks on and its fine:D

[b:a13d576610]SPECS:[/b:a13d576610]

Shuttle AK-31 v3.1 mobo

Athlon XP 1800

512mb DDR (PC2100)

Asus 64mb V7100 GF2MX 400

Creative Live 5.1

350 watt P/S

17" Samsung 753 DFX Monitor

M$ XP Pro

cant workout whats f#@king it up as all this s*** is new:mad:

and never had an AMD system before.....

Ive set it up fairly similar to my first puter..different motherboard and cpu and have swapped things over to see if it fixes it............was thinking mobo related but thats brand spanking new, checked if the ram and cpu are sitting in correctly

ne ideas

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

lol...I dont know what the bios would have to do anything but nice suggestion....

[b:1f99818d52]Unimatrix-Zero[/b:1f99818d52] funny that your going through this as I went through this last week. My first board (amd) had had but loads of promblems. Now let me just say that everythign i had also was brandnew. I found the folowing things wrong...

1. The power pins on the motherboard werent on right

2. Powersupply was bad

3. Floppy was bad

4. Ram was in wrong dim

Now keep in mind again everything was brand new. maybe you might try to test the power supply with a volt reader? and make sure all your connections are in right. Are you getting any beeps on a boot up?

-XPerties

[b:a4bab39e83]Reverend[/b:a4bab39e83]- Ive have actually installed the latest bios from the shuttle site...thanks for the suggestion:D

[b:a4bab39e83]XPerties[/b:a4bab39e83] - Could be right with the Power supply, tried about everything else even different ram.....actually running a P4 power supply in it - though I wouldnt think that would matter.....but ur right I will have to check the voltage!!!

Floppys working so I dont think its that, and Ive double checked the power pins and there all in the right connectors

the DDR slots actually have an LED display which lets u know if there installed properly and thats lighting up

No system beeps either at bootup

[b:a4bab39e83]DAMM AMD[/b:a4bab39e83] :assshake :assshake

[b:36d8840cc7]unimatrix-zero[/b:36d8840cc7] Have you tried a different psu.Here's a list of compatible and non compatible psu's.Taken from Shuttle site FAQ'S;

----------------------------------------------

Q7 Which power supply is recommended in conjunction with AK31 series mainboards?

A7 It is advised to choose power supplies from AMD Athlon Processor Recommended Power Supplies as listed on the AMD website.

Apart from that, the following table is gathered from comments from users regarding mainboard power up issue Vs. power supply used on AK31 :

Working PSU

Powerman 300W

Enermax 330W

Sparkle 300

Antec SX840 w/412

Antec 300W

Antec 400W

Antec 1030 case (and 300W PSU)

Antec PP303x

Antec PP352x

Not Working PSU

CWT-320 ATX-12V

Allied 350W

Enlight 7237 w/stock 300W

Enlight 340-101 REV COA

Enermax 351ve (330W)

It is recommended to avoid using the above not working power supply unit.

:eek:[b:36d8840cc7]XPerties[/b:36d8840cc7] I mentioned the bios because it may not have fully supported the hardware.There is a method in my madness :)

Found the prob:D ....its the atx connector, seems one of the the wires from the actual plug was a little loose and was only partially connected......ran a voltage reader to check the output of each connection and found a dead one:cool:

thanks for the input guys:D :)

Somthing very similar happens to me..and i have never been able to figure it out. Sometimes when i shut my computer down and leave it off for a while(over nite). When i hit the switch the computer starts up, but my moniter will stay in suspend mode. To fix this i just hit the power switch in the back off and on then i start it up again and then the moniter starts with the system. I have no idea why this happens.

System specs:

700e@868

abit be6-2 version1

pc150 ram

20gb maxtor 7200

13ggb maxtor 5400

ati radeon 64ddr

-drew

Things I would check for that drew,

1. Your graphics card might be the culprit

2. Check DPMS (Display Power Management Signaling) matches video monitors and video cards so they may simultaneously shut down or startup.

It seems to be a power management issue, though I have no experience with this, as its strange.

By the way do you have on board graphics? if so, make sure it is disabled, or unistalled.

Big Booger

This one is for Drewdatrip.....

I had the exactly same problem with my computer and had to turn off and on again the power suply switch......

I thought the problem was the graphic card and bought a new one, but the problem was the same....until one time the computer didn´t start at all......well, I found out that the problem was the motherboard...and had to buy a new one......I know thid doesn´t help....but sometimes the truth is not what we´d like t hear......:blueteam