Office 2003 Slipstream with SP3 problem

sam1984

Hi TheFlash428, thanks for the tip!

I'd like to add this setting to an already administrative source, I think I have to manually add a row in "Property" table of OWC11.MSI and/or PRO11.MSI

am I right?

Probably, although I've never tried--good luck!

I have the exact same problem. Installation stops while trying to copy the file FM20ENU.DLL. If I copy the entire CD to ANY folder in the HD, it installs perfectly. It also installs perfectly from the CD in a VM.

My CD is labeled O2K3SP3, no spaces and it still doesn't work.

There's an additional problem, though. If you uninstall office, the uninstaller does NOT delete any files. The software appears uninstalled, shortcuts are removed, msi databases are deleted, but the files are not deleted, this does not happen with SP2.

I will try the MSINODISABLEMEDIA=1 Switch and see what happens.

thanks for the tips!

--- EDIT ---

Well, it didn't work.

I will try with a blank label now.I used O2K3SP3 and it didn't work.

--- EDIT ---

Ok, the blank-labeled-CD did the trick, it installed fine.

But, the uninstallation still doesn't work correctly. what could this be?

bye!

Ok, the blank-labeled-CD did the trick, it installed fine.

But, the uninstallation still doesn't work correctly. what could this be?

bye!

I do confirm: blank-labeled-CD solution works fine but, would you believe it, same uninstallation problem with Office 2003 SP2! We should try slipstreaming sp3 to an untouched (not previously slipstreamed) Office2003 cd

That's what I did... I slipstreamed over the original CD, w/o any SP (Doing an admin installation, of course)

And I didn't have that problem with SP2, installation and Uninstallation worked just fine.

bye!

Well! look like so many had so many difference errors here, try this (i did):

* Covert your MS Office 2003 Pro CD to .ISO (so you can mount it to a virtual CD for better read)

* make sure you slipstream with the original CD(no servicepack)

* Slipstream SP3 it with Admin install (google it Office 2000/XP/2003 Slipstreamer)

• 3 weeks later...
Any new info on this problem?
Critical Update for Office 2003

SUMMARY

Microsoft has released an update to Microsoft Office 2003. This update fixes the following issues that may occur after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3):

• When you try to uninstall Office 2003, the Office folder is removed from the Start menu. Also, Office 2003 appears to have been uninstalled successfully. However, the Office 2003 files are not removed from the computer.

• If you install an Office 2003 suite to your computer by using a custom transform, and then you install the Office 2003 SP3 update, all Office 2003 suite programs are set to Not Installed. Additionally, you may experience one or more of the following symptoms:

1. After you repair Office 2003 or after you first run an individual Office 2003 program, the feature state is set to Not installed. This is true even though the files are still present on the hard disk.
  2. When you start an Office 2003 program, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
    Microsoft program_name has not been installed for this user.
  3. When you try to run a macro or open the VBA editor, you may receive an error that states that the VBA macro support has not been installed or that macro security is set to High. Macros do not run, and VBA editor cannot be started.
  4. When you try to configure a new mail profile for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, the Office installation program repeatedly tries to configure the Office 2003 suite.

Note These issues affect only the following language versions of Office 2003:

• Dutch

• French

• Italian

• German

• Portuguese-Brazil

• Spanish

• Swedish

These issues do not affect the English version of Office 2003 or other language versions of Office 2003. This issue does not affect other Microsoft products.

SOURCE

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943452/EN-US/

DOWNLOAD

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=022bb910-c191-43f0-bed8-33ae04e9ce93

I didn't test this solution yet.

Best regards,

Chads.

nice!!!

Now it would be cool if it were possible to slipstream this hotfix to the SP3 installation CD...

edit: I just integrated it using mara's integrator, let's see how it works.

Edited by jvidal

Alright, great news!

After SS SP3 and the KB943452 Patch, I installed from a CD labeled "OFFICE11" (something I wasn't able to do before). Then, It uninstalled perfectly, so it's safe to say this update solves BOTH installation AND Uninstallation problems.

bye!

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I am actually creating a redistribuable windows xp cd-rom, which also install Office 2k3, .Net and so on and I found a explanation about the problem with the "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Infopath.SemiTrust.dll".

Actually, you will get prompt to insert the Office CD-ROM if you install Office 2003 after the .Net Framework. To correct this, you just need to install Office first, and only then the .Net Package.

:thumbup

• 2 years later...

So, the only possibilities are to modify the PRO11.msi file with Orca or to copy the FM20ENU.DLL file in the system32 folder before installing Office? :unsure:

I hoped in something better.... :whistle: I made a lot of tests but I didn't find any final solution....

for localized versions of Office 2003, integrate office2003-KB943452-FullFile-xxx.exe.

contains FORMMAN20ENU.msp patch which solves issue with FM20ENU.DLL