Integrating drivers for multiple hardware

cocjh1

I need to create an unattended install CD for use on multiple computers which have different hardware (motherboards, chipsets, audio etc).

My development so far has focused on one system and have successfully created an unattended install CD for this. However when I attempt to use the same unattended install CD in another computer with different hardware it fails (audio driver not compatible).

Question is, can I integrate all the various chipset drivers, audio drivers, into one unattended install CD and will Windows Setup be cleaver enough to choose the correct one?

Using nLite 1.3.5

Thanks,

Chris

Think I've answered my own question!

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/35/

"You have just completed allowing your Windows setup to install the drivers from CD. SetDevicePath.exe will scan the recursively all the directories in the path you specify (see the presetup.cmd file for example), so even subfolders are also scanned. Any INF's found are added to the Device Path that Windows checks when it find new hardware. In this fashion, just drop any future drivers into your driver folder, and Windows will automatically use them if neccesary during setup."

Suppose adding drivers via nLite will achieve the same..

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to ruin your fun but even though nlite will work perfectly it is not for business or commercial use.

Read the EULA.

I have looked everywhere and can't see any licensing system or method to purchase for commercial use. Surely it can't be saying "free for personal use" then giving business the finger?

Edited by Quitch

Sorry to ruin your fun but even though nlite will work perfectly it is not for business or commercial use.

Read the EULA.

I have looked everywhere and can't see any licensing system or method to purchase for commercial use. Surely it can't be saying "free for personal use" then giving business the finger?

maybe ............

http://www.nliteos.com/donate.html :rolleyes:

a joke btw

Edited by TheSickman

Read the EULA.

Yes, my fun was ruined. :blushing:

You were correct in identifying this was for commercial application, so after reading the EULA I immediately stopped using nLite and switched to hacking the changes in with notepad.exe.

It's not all that bad TBH. I'm not wanting to remove any of the windows features which nLite does so smoothly. Driver integration has been achieved by follwoing the procedure described in the sites web pages (http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/34/).

Thanks for highlighting.

Chris