acronis true image 10 not working

gbp007

Im in need of help here..I have a xp image backup of an hp desktop pc and it seems that my dad didnt like the current configuration of the pc and he decided to do a factory restore to the way it was before.After the pc was restored back to the factory settings i installed acronis true image 10 again and went on to restore from the image that i have on the external usb drive..When i go to restore it using the recovery wizard right where the progress bar comes on after you press proceed it tells you to reboot and the progress bar had not even started..So i reboot and it starts the black screen that says acronis is loading and then the progress screen comes on and starts but doesnt finish and restarts back to windows real quickly..What went wrong ?

I made another image and it still wouldnt work and i even tried doing it thru the acronis boot cd and it froze when i pressed proceed..I did the same process on a dell dim3000 desktop and i was able to restore from the TI image i made for that dell pc but not the HP pc..I then decided to try ghost 12 on the hp computer and i was able to restore from a ghost 12 image..It seems acronis as great a program as it is , wont work on certain computers.

Edited by gbp007

Did you run chkdsk with the /f switch on the active system partition before making your image? If not, give it a try.

As with all software, the latest version may not be the best to use. Try making an image from a TI build that is a bit older than the one you are using now.

I've been using TI since version 6 and actively participate as one of many beta testers. Acronis has a somewhat well known track record for releasing minor build updates that sometimes cause major headaches.

Broken compatibility with controllers that normally are supported and image creation/restoration issues under certain conditions is not uncommon to run into.

I would think any imaging or partition utility is just as likely to run into those problems. What makes Acronis better than most IMO is their genuine interest to resolve issues, provide support for newer hardware, and release updates. (I can think of a few companies that hardly ever issue updates for new controllers or fix major bugs.)

Keep in mind they can't fix what they don't know is broken. If you are sure you have done everything right, you should let tech support know and they can give you a little utility that will collect the necessary hardware info they need to correct the problem. Also, you should give a serious look at the TI FAQ's + Common Problems/Solutions thread over at Wilders Security Forums.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=29880