Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Portable nLite

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

degradacija

degradacija

• 14 posts
  • Joined 23-June 05
I made thinstalled nLite with .net2 integrated and it´s only 15mb so if it´s ok with Nuhi I would upload it here for everyone to test it, I just made some quick test and it seems to be working fine.
Just let me know and I will post it.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,404 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
Thanks but no, not needed.

Majority of people have .NET already installed and the link is on the download page for those who need it. Vista has it built-in.
http://www.nliteos.com | http://www.ntlite.com
Remove components and customize Windows

beepop100

beepop100

• 21 posts
  • Joined 25-December 06
I would like a copy of the portable nLite; if it means not having to install .net framework. The only reason why I install .Net is so nLite can run.

Installing .net adds an extra service that i dont want also, so thats another reason why ill like to not have to install .net.

KamiQuazi

KamiQuazi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05
I second beepop100, i don't like dot net but use it for the sake of Nuhi hard work on the wonderful app of nlite.

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,404 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
So that works without install .NET?

Have you seen my Framework Lite, should be the same principle?

beepop100

beepop100

• 21 posts
  • Joined 25-December 06
I do not believe I have tried your framework files. Ill give them a go next time a use nLite. That fixes my wagon.

degradacija

degradacija

• 14 posts
  • Joined 23-June 05
Just tell me where do you want me to upload it.

I tried nuhi's Framework Lite and it doesn't work with 1.4 beta, but I think this is much better anyway because you don't have to install anything and its completely portable.
I have all my apps portable so that every time I reinstall OS there is no need to spend hours reinstalling everything.

newsposter

newsposter

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Joined 20-November 04
Nuhi asked, politely, that you not redistribute nlite and that should be the end of it.

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,404 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
I got another report that Framework Lite doesn't work with the latest, I'll fix that these days.

Oleg_II

Oleg_II

• PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Joined 06-August 04
No need to redistribute with nLite. Why not to make Framework part portable alone? ;) If it's working I don't think somebody will be agains it. And you don't need to redistribute it too: describe the method here and we try :rolleyes:
Posted Image

DeepAnger

DeepAnger

• 11 posts
  • Joined 16-August 06
Hi,

Sounds good. I always prefer portable apps. As this topic may become dangerous soon, please send more information or link at ardennes@free.fr

Greetings.

degradacija

degradacija

• 14 posts
  • Joined 23-June 05
If there is enough interest here I will write a tutorial.

geezery

geezery

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Joined 21-July 06
Tutorials are always nice.

albator

albator

Nlite Supporter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04
I hate dot.net, I only installed it for using Nlite. After I am finish I restore my acronis clone.
So I would love to have a portable nlite.

NTlite supporter

weEvil

weEvil

n00b

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Joined 21-August 06

So I would love to have a portable nlite.

I would love to have a portable .NET 2.0 if that's possible.

To intrusive as it is. And its a pain to get rid of most of the time.

If you like to waste money on junk, then buy a CREATIVE® product.

E8400 | P45 | HD4870

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,404 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
I tried now Framework Lite in Virtual machine and it works fine.

You who have issues with it did you installed it into the nLite folder and are you Windows English or some other lang?

platipus

platipus

• 16 posts
  • Joined 20-June 07

You who have issues with it did you installed it into the nLite folder and are you Windows English or some other lang?

No-go with 1.4beta off site or the latest 1.4RC you sent me.
Running under XP SP2 Eng with the Regional "Standards and Formats" and "Language for non-Unicode programs" options set to Polish.
And yes, FrameworkLite is installed to nLite directory.

I attach the error screenshot and the details below. See if it helps...

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'ncab, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5c790c52ffa26522' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)File name: 'ncab, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5c790c52ffa26522' ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B1): This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)   at ..(String , String )   at ..(String )   at ..(String , StringCollection& , Boolean , Boolean )   at ..()   at ..()   at ..WndProc(Message& )   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlib    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------nLite    Assembly Version: 1.4.0.0    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/nlite.exe----------------------------------------System    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/System.DLL----------------------------------------nLite    Assembly Version: 1.4.0.0    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/nlite.exe----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/System.Windows.Forms.DLL----------------------------------------System.Drawing    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/System.Drawing.DLL----------------------------------------nlgw    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/nlite.exe----------------------------------------Accessibility    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/Accessibility.DLL----------------------------------------MCDBNET2    Assembly Version: 1.32.0.0    Win32 Version: 1.32.0.1302    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/MCDBNET2.DLL----------------------------------------msvcm80    Assembly Version: 8.0.50608.0    Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.42    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/msvcm80.DLL----------------------------------------************** JIT Debugging **************To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for thisapplication or computer (machine.config) must have thejitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.The application must also be compiled with debuggingenabled.For example:<configuration>    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /></configuration>When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptionwill be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computerrather than be handled by this dialog box.

Attached Files

degradacija

degradacija

• 14 posts
  • Joined 23-June 05

I just did a test with Framework Lite and nLite in c:\program files\nLite and it worked but when nLite was in d:\nLite it didn't.

For those who want to see a tutorial I'll post it tomorrow --I'll show how to make portable .NET wich will work with simple apps but not with nLite (nLite needs to be packed with .NET in order for it to work).

weEvil

weEvil

n00b

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Joined 21-August 06

No-go with 1.4beta off site or the latest 1.4RC you sent me.

RC is out already??! :thumbup

If you like to waste money on junk, then buy a CREATIVE® product.

E8400 | P45 | HD4870

platipus

platipus

• 16 posts
  • Joined 20-June 07

RC is out already??!

No, it was simply a test build codenamed RC test.

Legolash2o

Legolash2o

Win Toolkit Programmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Joined 09-February 07
hmm, i also installed .NET just for nLite & vLite and did take sometime installing... but i use vista now so dont need it :) but if it comes with nlite doesn't that mean the download size would be bigger?

P.S. it gets intalled with Visual Studio 2005 anyway lol

degradacija

degradacija

• 14 posts
  • Joined 23-June 05

hmm, i also installed .NET just for nLite & vLite and did take sometime installing... but i use vista now so dont need it :) but if it comes with nlite doesn't that mean the download size would be bigger?

P.S. it gets intalled with Visual Studio 2005 anyway lol

You get single 12 MB executable that runs on any 2000\XP system without the need for installing anything or need for .NET to be preinstalled.
A lot of people are not using Vista and don't have VS 2005 installed.

This thread was not meant for people using Vista, just wanted to help people who hate installing .NET but need it only for nLite to run.

Legolash2o

Legolash2o

Win Toolkit Programmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Joined 09-February 07

hmm, i also installed .NET just for nLite & vLite and did take sometime installing

Thats why i posted, it would be very useful to have it come with nlite/vlite (i say vlite cos ive ran that on xp a few times), the downside is the larger download size ("12MB") which is ok for most but some people might be on a slower connection. but in genereal great idea :thumbup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users