Office 2000/XP/2003 Slipstreamer Version 1.4 Final

mara-

So... is it supposed to work with Office 2003 Standard?

This is what I got after using 1.3 beta 2:

problemhh2.png

Box 2 contains the address of the empty folder (New Folder) I am trying to do an admin install to.

It won't let me slipsteam without doing an admin install, and it won't let me do an admin install!!

Edited by brucevangeorge

you can't do it. Sorry :(

:blink:

Well at least Office Integrator 0.6b worked for me. Its nice that it works with Office 2003 versions other than just Pro.

Its just annoying how you have to have an active internet connection with it.

I really hope Slipstreamer can support Office 2003 Standard sometime.

Edited by brucevangeorge

OK, I will add suport for standard version very soon. My motherboard just died so I need to replace it. Untill I replace it, what I will do during next week, you will need to wait a little for the next version.

Cheers ;)

I had problems downloading from both mirrors so when I finally did get the file I re-uploaded (V1.3b2) to MegaShares.

Link is: http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=aac9d0d

Select the "Click Here to Download" blue text within 5 mins of arriving at the site.

Been waiting for somebody a lot smarter than me to put together an app like this. :thumbup

Thanks!

S.

mara-

DL'd and installed 1.3b2 and ran the process a couple of times.

I have a couple of questions.

I clicked on "Help" from the menu and it couldn't locate the CHM, so I went to the install folder and opened it from there.

I'm using an enterprise version of O2K3 (one disk) with all the Setup.exe's named separately (i.e. SETUPPRO.EXE).

Because I tried the other "beefstew" method last year and never got it to work I had been just putting the various hotfixes in a Patches folder and used ohotfix to install them (chained) after the program installed.

I had customized the install a bit to add shortcuts to quicklaunch and other minor tweaks using the ORK2003 by creating a SETUPPRO.MST.

The first time I ran the slipstreamer it created the admin point using the MST I created but when I tried to install from the resultant CD I created from the files I got an error I've never seen before. If I ran the "Setup_H" I got a Windows dialog box that said to install components using the Control Panel" and that was it.

When I ran SETUPPRO.EXE from the same disk the install proceeded normally until it asked for the "interop.trust.dll" like others have gotten.

And when (or where) in the process does the Outlook Junk mail Filter file get processed or does it at all?

Should the process be:

1) Slipstream SP3 into original distribution media files (no customizations, no MSTs at this point).

2) Add the frequently updated Outlook Junk Filter as a chained patch using ohotfix.

3) And then create a MST for customizations?

Thanks for all the hard work!

S.

Edited by Schmagagled