HOWTO create a fully up to date XP x64 DVD (EoL Feb 2016)

Kurt_Aust

Wow, mniceguy81, what a mess. First, do your really have more than on processor module on your MB? Multicore is not multiprocessor. I recommend you use Computer Type = Automatic. But the main problem may well be that you are running nLite under Vista to create an XP ISO. Is it 32 or 64 bit Vista? Did your x64 CD come with SP2 or did you integrate it? If so, how? It would probably be better if you started a new thread for your problem. You need to remove the Tweak "Explorer-Launch folder windows in a separate process". This exposes a Windows bug, but has nothing to do with your problems. In closing, please make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Thanks for the Last Session - makes it easier. Enjoy, John.

Sorry i forgot to add my folder structure and here's also my RUN1_XP-64.bat & RUN2_XP-64.bat and also i deleted some stuff from the addons.

RUN1_XP-64

rem fix Quick Launch toolbar (broken by IE8 installer)

MkDir "%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"

MkDir "%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"

rem core OS updates

%Source%RunOnce\vcredist_x64.exe /Q

%Source%RunOnce\dotnetfx35.exe /Passive /NoRestart

%Source%RunOnce\directx_mar2009_redist.exe /Q /T:%Temp%\DirectX

%Temp%\DirectX\DXsetup.exe /Silent

RmDir /S /Q %Temp%\DirectX

%Source%RunOnce\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe /Q /WUforce

rem compressor/decompressor utilities

%Source%AddOns\wrar380.exe /S

msiexec /I %Source%AddOns\7z465-x64.msi /Passive /NoRestart

rem Tweak UI

"%ProgramFiles%\7-Zip\7z" X %Source%AddOns\TweakUIPowertoySetup_amd64.exe -O%SystemRoot%

If exist %SystemRoot%\TweakUI.exe Copy "%Source%AddOns\Tweak UI.lnk" "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\"

rem Daemon Tools (Part 1)

%SystemRoot%\daemon\dt410x64.exe

RmDir /S /Q %SystemRoot%\daemon

"%ProgramFiles%\7-Zip\7z" X %Source%AddOns\daemon4304-lite.exe -O%Temp%\Daemon

%Temp%\Daemon\$PLUGINSDIR\SPTDinst-v159-x64.exe Add /Q

RmDir /S /Q %Temp%\Daemon

rem initialise account, setup for second pass, install Internet Explorer 8 and force reboot

Start %Source%RunOnce\AccountInit.bat %Source%

RUN2_XP-64

rem startup delay to allow disk thrashing to subside before proceeding

TimeOut /T 120

rem you must use either %Source% or %1 when referring to files on the install media

Set Source=%1

rem browser plugins

%Source%AddOns\install_flash_player_10_active_x.exe /S

%Source%AddOns\install_flash_player.exe /S

%Source%AddOns\Shockwave_Installer_Full.exe /S

%Source%AddOns\Silverlight.exe /Q

rem Java runtime enviroment

%Source%AddOns\jre-6u14-windows-i586.exe ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 /Passive /NoRestart

%Source%AddOns\jre-6u14-windows-x64.exe ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 /Passive /NoRestart

rem Notepad++

%Source%AddOns\npp.5.4.5.Installer.exe /S

rem PDF readers

%Source%AddOns\AdbeRdr910_Lite_en_US-9.1.0.29.exe ALLUSERS=1 /Passive /NoRestart

%Source%AddOns\AdbeRdr910_en_US.exe /sPB /rs /msiEULA_ACCEPT=YES

rem nLitey type thingys

%Source%AddOns\autoit-v3-setup.exe /S

%Source%AddOns\wmp11slips1.4i.exe /Silent

%Source%AddOns\nLite-1.4.9.1.installer.exe /Silent

rem (almost) every video codec known to man

%Source%AddOns\vlc-0.8.6c-win32.exe /S

%Source%AddOns\klmcodec500.exe /Silent /NoRestart /LoadInf=".\klmcp.ini"

%Source%AddOns\qtlite290.exe /Silent /NoRestart /LoadInf=".\qtlite.ini"

%Source%AddOns\klcp64v250.exe /Silent

rem YouTube downloader

%Source%AddOns\save2pc_light_setup.exe /Silent

rem Daemon Tools (Part 2)

%Source%AddOns\DAEMON_Tools_Lite_4-30-4_with_SPTD_1-58.exe

If Not exist %Source%AddOns\DAEMON_Tools_Lite_4-30-4_with_SPTD_1-58.exe %Source%AddOns\daemon4304-lite.exe /S

rem basic freeware CD/DVD burners

%Source%AddOns\SetupImgBurn_2.5.0.0.exe /S

%Source%AddOns\cdbxp_setup_4.2.4.1430.exe /Silent

rem anti-spyware

msiexec /I %Source%AddOns\WindowsDefenderX64.msi ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=SUPRESS CHECK_WGA=0 LAUNCHPROGRAM=0 LAUNCHSCAN=0 /Passive /NoRestart

%Source%AddOns\mpas-feX64.exe /Q

rem optional disk check

rem FSutil Dirty Set %SystemDrive%

ShutDown /R /F /T 20

post-11010-1249833082_thumb.jpg

post-11010-1249834693_thumb.jpg

post-11010-1249834708_thumb.jpg

post-11010-1249834717_thumb.jpg

Sorry forgot to mention that i'm nliting from Windows 7 RTM 64 bit Testing 30 days and i would prefer doing it here instead of a new thread because if i find a solution people would learn from it here thanks johnhc

Edited by mniceguy81

mniceguy81, OK, but please go ahead and try with Computer Type set to Automatic (unless you do have an MP). I will look at your postings after lunch. In general, I would prefer that this type of data be attached, not pasted - much easier to search. Enjoy, John.

mniceguy81, I have no idea what you changed and no idea what the effect would be to change it to nothing. I see no ComputerType in your winnt nor mine. Do you mean Unattend.txt or some other file? Why not use nLite? If you will answer the questions in my first reply, perhaps we can make some progress. Is it totally impossible to try under XP x64, perhaps under a VM system? If nothing else, run nLite again and strip out all your Update Packs and AddOns. Enjoy, John.

mniceguy81, how about the questions I asked? BTW, you should get no errors running nLite or during install. Perhaps a few in the System log after install. I am curious what AccountInit.bat is. Please attach it so we can take a look. Enjoy, John.

First of all i say "hello" to all this contributors to this thread, especially to Kurt_Aust. Your work is fantastic. Thanks a lot. You made my life much much easier.

I think i can contribute a little piece to the unattended dvd.

Topic: Windows Media Player and MS Movie Maker. On one day i want so save a new movie compiled with movie maker but always movie maker gave me an error: can't save, check ram and/or disk space. I have 8 gb ram and several GB (50GB) free ... so this is not the reason. After some investigation i found out this is an codec error problem. In movie maker preferences -> automatic codec download does not work.

Solution: You need the WMP111 XP64bit codecs. They are shipping with the media player.

From wmp11-windowsxp-x64-enu.exe you have to extract the file wmfdist11-64.exe. This file is the codec installation file. Unattended installation goes as usual:

../wmfdist11-64.exe /Q /O /N /Z

i hope this will help someone.

best regards, genu

genu:

It seems to work for me on a very basic test (I normally use Nero), maybe someone else can confirm this problem?

mniceguy81:

Yipe, you certainly took a chainsaw to the OS. Considering that errors start appearing at T-13 my best guess is that one of the addons you are using is responsible:

F:\New Project\Downloads\5er_MSSignedThemes_Addon_v6.1_x64.7z
F:\New Project\Downloads\5er_WMPLyricsPlugin_v0.3_Addon_v2.1_x64.7z
F:\New Project\Downloads\DriveSpace_v5.3.5.5_AddOn.7z
F:\New Project\Downloads\Gorki_AddOn_JkDefragGUI_201008.cab
F:\New Project\Downloads\CyberAddonCPU-Z1.52.7z
F:\New Project\Downloads\CyberAddonGPU-Zv0.3.4.7z
F:\New Project\Downloads\DaRkMaDnEsS_Tune_Up_Addon.7z
F:\New Project\Downloads\Kels_Brushed_Inspirat_addon_v1.cab
F:\New Project\Downloads\usb_disk_format_tool_addon.rar
C:\Temp\Reapers_CCleaner_2.20.920_AddOn.7z

Try dropping these first.

If that's not the cause then the next thing to try is an iso without the component removals, don't put those addons back in, rather keep reverting ever closer to an unmodified install media.

Once you think you have isolated the cause add everything but the suspected culprit back in for another test to confirm if it is in fact the source of the error as sometimes it can be a conflict between two or more items that are perfectly fine by themselves (speaking from tedious bug tracking experience here).