Making Nero 8 a silent install

xavier73

It worked with the addlocal extentions I used. it may be possible that not all the features listed have NERO8 counterparts with the same name.

you could check the \Data\Redist\Config\Conf.txt file for the correct extentions.

i tested the particulair script I posted on my PC, Windows Vista Ultimate x64 with UAC disabled, and the installation worked fine, except for smartstart not running after installation.

be sure to have admin rights

do you have any error messages?

this is the way I installed:

Run setup.

extract the NERO13820 dir from the %temp% directory (like stated in the post on the first page)

make a "SCRIPT.CMD" file with notepad including the above scipt and paste it in the NERO13820 directory

run the scipt.

it should automaticly install all the components listed in the script, and execute the SetupX.exe with the set preferences.

I don't really know how I got to it. I was just experimenting with NERO7 and NERO8 scripts in my virtual machine. when it eventually worked I ran the script in my VISTA environment, and it worked. except for some post-installation issues..

It worked with the addlocal extentions I used. it may be possible that not all the features listed have NERO8 counterparts with the same name.

you could check the \Data\Redist\Config\Conf.txt file for the correct extentions.

i tested the particulair script I posted on my PC, Windows Vista Ultimate x64 with UAC disabled, and the installation worked fine, except for smartstart not running after installation.

be sure to have admin rights

do you have any error messages?

this is the way I installed:

Run setup.

extract the NERO13820 dir from the %temp% directory (like stated in the post on the first page)

make a "SCRIPT.CMD" file with notepad including the above scipt and paste it in the NERO13820 directory

run the scipt.

it should automaticly install all the components listed in the script, and execute the SetupX.exe with the set preferences.

I don't really know how I got to it. I was just experimenting with NERO7 and NERO8 scripts in my virtual machine. when it eventually worked I ran the script in my VISTA environment, and it worked. except for some post-installation issues..

I checked the file, the extention are the same but only the order is differents and there are some components that are not included in Nero 8 or 7. Are the order effect the script too?

Yaa u are right, I also have problem starting start smart.

Yes I have a few error message during installation mention some files cannot be found. What kind of error message did u have?

Edited by yadzil

Here are the components list of Nero 8

NeroHome2FF8B816

NeroStartSmartB035464E

NeroBurningRomBCAFF604

NeroVision57D52359

NeroBackItUpCB9D5429

NeroCoverDesigner7CE8D626

NeroWaveEditorFA3A3F7B

NeroSoundTrax716FE146

NeroShowTimeD773A6E2

NeroMediaHome53BEFA20

NeroRecode6035F00C

NeroPhotoSnapED1EAF52

NeroBurnRights72CC518F

NeroImageDriveE38B9E06 --- Not listed in Nero 7

NeroCDDVDSpeed82602EE0

NeroDriveSpeed7DFFCC12 --- Not listed in Nero 7

NeroInfoToolE72D824A

NeroRescueAgentDE0B9FB0 --- Not listed in Nero 7

NeroBurn5AD292D8 --- Not listed in Nero 7

NeroMediaStreaming79061EB3 --- Not listed in Nero 7

NeroCopyGadgetED8C2E75 --- Not listed in Nero 7

NeroToolbar6231A394 --- Not listed in Nero 7

I also found that NeroFastCDDVDBurningPluginC5AB9CFD not listed in Nero 8 but listed on Nero 7

What the different between Nero burning ROM and Nero Burn? Are they the same? Should I install both of them?

I still having problem using your script Kid1988 with ADDLOCAL parameters even I use tne components code in Nero 8. The error message code 2711 always came out. But not without ADDLOCAL parameters.

This is CMD parameters:

SetupX.exe /qb! /NORESTART ADDLOCAL="NeroBurningRomBCAFF604,NeroCoverDesigner7CE8D626,NeroWaveEditorFA3A3F7B,NeroImageDriveE38B9E06,N
roCDDVDSpeed7DFFCC12,NeroDriveSpeed7DFFCC12,NeroBurn5AD292D8" RebootYesNo="No" NERO_SCOUT="FALSE" serialnum_userval="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" AgreeToLicense="Yes" EULA_AGREEMENT=1

Edited by yadzil

I finally able to install using ADDLOCAL parameters after I exclude NeroCDDVDSpeed82602EE0, NeroDriveSpeed7DFFCC12, and NeroBurn5AD292D8. But still when installation in progress I have 2 error message telling me that 2 files cannot be registered which are :

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMAudioCDContentHandler.dll

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMHDirServices.dll

I think some components cannot be install individually, must be install together with other component which I don't know what they are.

Can u help me kid1988?

One other things, I find out that, the size and numbers of file of extracted installation file increase after installation.

Edited by yadzil

Hey CeoCeo I Managed to edit the MSI and create a .mst file that will allow me to install the nero disccopy gadget on XP and I was wondering if it was possible for me to edit the script to include it in the install

DiscCopy.rar

Where do you suggest I put it, do I put it in the same dir as the installer and autoit launcher?

I want to use this type variable to give the location of my DiscCopy.mst but I dunno how

@ScriptDir & "DiscCopy.mst"

Can you show me how to implement it if I put the mst in the same dir as the autoit file?

Edited by ricktendo64

Sure ricktendo64, nice find by the way… ;)

Search and replace...

$SN &

...with...

$SN & ' TRANSFORMS="' & @ScriptDir & '\DiscCopy.mst"' &

That should apply the transform, but the Gadget didn't got installed when I tried it. Hopefully you have better luck!

Thank you CeoCeo it worked perfectly :D

copygadgettx9.jpg

BTW I think the reason the .mst did not work for you is in your script you have to turn on CopyGadget=1 and another is that .mst files are pretty choosy, they only seem to work on the .msi file that it was created on. I made mine with Nero v8.1.1.0b

I finally able to install using ADDLOCAL parameters after I exclude NeroCDDVDSpeed82602EE0, NeroDriveSpeed7DFFCC12, and NeroBurn5AD292D8. But still when installation in progress I have 2 error message telling me that 2 files cannot be registered which are :

I think some components cannot be install individually, must be install together with other component which I don't know what they are.

Can u help me kid1988?

One other things, I find out that, the size and numbers of file of extracted installation file increase after installation.

I don't understand the first thing about scripted install's. the script I made was just using the script on the first page, and some common sense.

some of the parameters might be incorrect. or might indeed, as you said, not co-exist..

I cant recall what exact error message I got with smartstart. something about DLL's and then the application crashes. but the problem also exist when I manually install the app.

I got nero 7 working, with a working script.

I'll still try some nero8 scripts later this week, keep me posted on anything you find!

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The same problem as you happen to me

But I have already solved this problem

The following is my CMD FILE, I only install NeroBurning ROM in this CMD file,

Other application have been all deleted by me ,After you can input the Application name that don't be installed into to REMOVE ="XXXX".

Perhaps useful to you !!

@echo off
title Nero 8.1.1.3
echo.
echo VCR...
start /wait \Data\Redist\VCRedistSetup.msi /passive /norestart

echo.
echo Nero XML...
start /wait \Data\Redist\neroxml.msi /passive /norestart

echo.
echo KB884016 v2...
start /wait \Data\Redist\WindowsInstaller-KB884016-v2-x86.exe /passive /norestart

echo.
echo Installing Nero Premium 8.1.1.3...

start /wait \nero\SetupX.exe /qb! /NORESTART ADDLOCAL="ALL" REMOVE="NeroHome2FF8B816,NeroStartSmartB035464E,NeroVision57D52359,NeroBackItUpCB9D5429,
NeroCoverDesigner7CE8D626,NeroWaveEditorFA3A3F7B,NeroSoundTrax716FE146,NeroShowTimeD773A6E2,
NeroMediaHome53BEFA20,NeroRecode6035F00C,NeroPhotoSnapED1EAF52,NeroBurnRights72CC518F,
NeroImageDriveE38B9E06,NeroCDDVDSpeed82602EE0,NeroDriveSpeed7DFFCC12,NeroInfoToolE72D824A,
NeroRescueAgentDE0B9FB0,NeroBurn5AD292D8,NeroMediaStreaming79061EB3,NeroCopyGadgetED8C2E75,
NeroToolbar6231A394" RebootYesNo="No" NERO_SCOUT="FALSE" serialnum_userval="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" AgreeToLicense="Yes" EULA_AGREEMENT=1

Edited by yiepinhsu