silently install reg key

xavier73

I have exported a reg key with the serial and i want to silently let this key be installed after a silent installation of the program. How can i do this?

use this regedit /s "your .reg file"

it has worked for me in almost every case.... try out for yourself

I have exported a reg key with the serial and i want to silently let this key be installed after a silent installation of the program. How can i do this?

xavier, you really need to do some research right here on MSFN for yourself.

This site isnt called handholding101.

If you continue to post mudane questions seeking already posted available answers,

your posting ability will be suspended.

Shark007

I've spend the whole afternoon trying to find the answer but was confused by all the different ways of making a silent installation. One only uses the WPI application, the other uses autoit script and the other uses the rar sfx script. I was hoping that someone could explain the difference to me. For the beginning user of the silent installation this forum isn't always that clear.

But if it isn't allowed to post so many questions on this forum i will use this site for viewing purpose only in the future. :(

I've spend the whole afternoon trying to find the answer but was confused by all the different ways of making a silent installation. One only uses the WPI application, the other uses autoit script and the other uses the rar sfx script. I was hoping that someone could explain the difference to me. For the beginning user of the silent installation this forum isn't always that clear.

But if it isn't allowed to post so many questions on this forum i will use this site for viewing purpose only in the future. :(

is not like that...just take the time to run searches on the forum and also read the unattended guide, wich is by all means, the first thing you need to understand before attempting other things like autoit or wpi...

this way you can get a hands on experience. after that, you can try to do some things with autoit or other installer like Mars or WPI. i personally prefer the ua guide and using my custom installer but its everyone's taste.

good luck!