Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Photoshop 7.0 & 8.0 silent install

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

identity

identity
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 16-May 04
For all you lazy boys and girls out there: here is the iss file which kills the nasty activation window.
You'll have to completely fill out the file "Abcpy.ini" and save this file to your installation directory. No need for 'setup.exe -R'. Just silenly install Photoshop 8 with 'setup.exe -s', activate it normaly, then follow djt_'s post to be able to completely get rid of the activation process for your next install.
C ya :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  setup.iss   165bytes   1055 downloads

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Cyclops_

Cyclops_
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 30-July 04
I tried using the above method to create a silent install.
This worked fine with the answer file (or even by changing the abcpy.ini file as I tried both methods).

I also made a copy of the registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\ALM) and a copy of the Macrovision directory (I did this after running a complete install with activation of the software).

So now here's my problem... If I install the program, put back the registry keys and the Macrovision directory, and then launch the Adobe Photoshop CS program, a box pops up and tells me the configuration of my system has changed and needs to activate the key again... (I used the same system as when I did the manual install with activation) :)

Anybody else with the same problem...?

osceolakid

osceolakid
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 29-July 04
Hello,

Tried the Abcpy.ini method for Photoshop 7.0.1 it works. However can't uninstall application says my user account needs to be a local administrator. Trouble is the account used is an a local administrator. Have tried the following with no joy:

1.) Tried another local administrator account.
2.) Tried using unstall string from regeistry.
3.) Safe Mode
4.) Tried reinstall Photoshop from CD.

Any ideas?

Thanks! :no:

Adiel

Adiel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Joined 04-August 04

OK I figured out how to get this photoshop 8 working perfectly.

Install with -R switch IMPORTANT click cancel when u get to activation
put the setup.iss in the setup folder
edit the Abcpy.ini to display NO dialogs
then run setup.exe /s /sms /f2c:\Photoshop.log

Result is NO ACTIVATION POPUP during install

you could also copy the activation files over for a totally silent install :D

what's the - "/f2c:\Photoshop.log" switch? its recording all activity to log file? same like
>>%windir%\apps.log
??

thanks.

BTW, only i didn't got the activation pop up when finished installing PHOTOSHOP CD ME? :unsure:

degustator

degustator
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 19-September 04

You can similarly create an autoload for the update.
Make your own abcpy.ini file or extract it from one of the cabs (I forget which it is)
but here's a sample silent upgrade 7.0.1 abcpy.ini file.

<...>
Patch1Platform=ALL
Patch1Name=PSPATCH.RTP
Patch1DisplayName=Photoshop 7.0
Patch1Dest=$AppPath
Patch1IgnoreMissingFile=YES
Patch1IgnoreErr=YES
<...>

Sorry, I've in a trouble with this.

Does it mean that I can install the update silently from the main app's abcpy.ini or I have to launch the update separately?

And well, where can I get the *.RTP file for the update? There are two ones inside the update's CABs, do I have to extract them or the whole CABs? And what does the string Patch1Dest=$AppPath mean?..

And, at last, is there a way to slipstream updates into the Adobe distribs?

Sorry, i'm newbie on MSFN, but i've no idea where to look for this info.

lilweirddude

lilweirddude

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Joined 24-August 04
so, if on vmware, im getting a message that my hardware has changed
if i install it on my physical computer with the same hardware, i wont get a message to reactivate it?

lilweirddude

lilweirddude

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Joined 24-August 04
bump^

CorbenDallas

CorbenDallas

• 24 posts
  • Joined 15-March 04

so, if on vmware, im getting a message that my hardware has changed
if i install it on my physical computer with the same hardware, i wont get a message to reactivate it?

Better yet, is there a way around the "change hardware" problem?
Otherwise its not really very usefull.

Nineworlds

Nineworlds
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 29-October 04
I've managed to get a silent install of Photoshop using setup.iss and the abcpy.ini files, but none of the file associations are affected. Is there a way to get my chosen file associations recognised as well (basically all to Photoshop apart from PDF)?

- Iain.

harelzar

harelzar
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 20-August 04
hello to all of u,
i done all above (just change everything to NO in Abcpy.ini)
and it rocks i didnt need this setup.iss ans i run it without any switch(maybee i have a version that dont need activition)

how can i change the languege i install photoshop unattended

10x

Astalavista

Astalavista

MSFN loyalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Joined 02-December 03
just wait and see it will activate and u will only have 15 or 30 of uses

trust me...

CoffeeFiend

CoffeeFiend

Coffee Aficionado

• Super Moderator
  • 5,399 posts
  • Joined 14-July 04

(maybee i have a version that dont need activition)

All *legit* versions do have it, there are no exceptions to that. If it doesn't then well...
Coffee: \ˈkȯ-fē, ˈkä-\. noun. Heaven in a cup. Life's only treasure. The meaning of life. Kaffee ist wunderbar. C8H10N4O2 FTW.

mdn_united

mdn_united
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 14-January 04
The installation works perfect on my PC! But how do I uninstall the programm with a DOS command??
mdn_united

Posted Image

hulala.[uk]

hulala.[uk]

inside the computer

• 48 posts
  • Joined 23-January 04
im sorry i might not help great deal but im sure if you play with this line you get your uninstall working.

RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\0701\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{EFB21DE7-8C19-4A88-BB28-A766E16493BC}\Setup.exe" -l0x9

p.s. this is for CS version e.g. 8.0

vegas_hooker

vegas_hooker
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 09-December 04
hi, im a complete id*** on all this stuff your saying so ill make this blunt and ask of your good will to help me out as im in a predicament

i dont own a genuine copy of it as im not a rich so and so but i have a burnt cd of photoshop 8 with a key gen on the cd i got, which i used and now the 30 day 'grace' period is up and i cant reinstall it. now i cant do f*** all with it which is bad considering im at university doing an art degree and need photoshop running swiftly

i can follow what is said up until the abcpy.ini part then my brain says what the f*** and ive no idea what to do with setups this that and blah blah etc

if anybody with any ounce of sympathy, patience and extreme good will can help me out by emailing me a working idiots guide of how to silently install photoshop 8 then id be extremely grateful

ill try any method that i can capably follow

so, yeh, please, anybody, get back to me

i apologise for being stupid but it never occurred to me id need to do something like this and i found this forum by chance so i figured id give it a go

thanks

buzzman2005

buzzman2005

Junior

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 11-December 04
how can u change the abcpy file so that it will do a COMPLETE install of the program, or is there a way to even do a custom install in the file?

I'm testing this method with all of my adobe pgms and will post back which work....
THANKS!
DAVE

Alphaz

Alphaz

Junior

• Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 26-November 03
This threat is a complete MESS :w00t: would be nice to make a summary to avoid comments and posts not needed for performing a silent install of Photoshop CS ;)

Alphaz

Alphaz

Junior

• Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 26-November 03

Anyone know how to silently install Photoshop 8?

Its basicly the same way. The below Abcpy.ini is configured in almost the same manner. The default install folder is \Program files\Adobe\Photoshop CS. To do a completely silent install you need to use a setup.iss file too. To get this file run setup.exe -R (case sensitive). Click cancel on the activation. Then go into your windows folder and take the SETUP.ISS file and copy it in your photoshop CS install dir (replace the one in it). You can now run the Photoshop setup.exe using the -R switch to do a completely silent install. :) (Thx neoh)

[OEM Install]
DisplayWelcomeDlg=NO
DisplayEULA=NO
DisplayXPDialog=NO
DisplayTypeOfInstallDlg=NO
DisplaySelectDestDirDlg=NO
DisplayCustomDlg=NO
DisplayUserInfoDlg=NO
DisplayConfirmRegDlg=NO
DisplayStartCopyDlg=NO
DisplayFinishDlg=NO
DisplayFinalMessage=NO
DisplayRebootDlg=NO
DisplayBackGround=NO
ProgGroupName=
DefaultDestDir=
FName=XXXX
LName=XXXX
MI=
UserCompanyName=XXXXXXXX
UserSerialNumber=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
DisplayBackGround=NO
DisplayProgressBar=NO
ProgressBarStart=NO
ProgressBarEnd=NO
Note: "DisplayBackGround" is not there by defualt, so you need to add it manually if you want to use it.

I did the following:

1. Edited the Abcpy.ini file with the info from Crispy and with my serial.
2. Ran setup.exe with -R
3. Clicked cancel upon the activation screen
4. Copied setup.iss from the windows to the Photoshop CS setup folder (replaced the existing one)
5. Ran setup.exe with -R
6. I got again the Activation screen :unsure:

durex

durex

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Joined 21-October 04
@Alphaz

I agree, this thread should be ditched for a new one... I worked on this yesterday and finally got it all sorted out through all the mess...

Follow that exact same procedure, except replace step 5 with "Run 'setup.exe -s' with the setup.iss in the same folder" and you should be set.

One thing to note, if youre going to be running this from the UA CD directly (as opposed to copying to the harddrive, then launching setup, you MUST add '-f2:%systemdrive%\ps.log' after the '-s' so that the log installshield creates is created on your hdd, otherwise it wont work. So youd end up with
PhotoshopCS\setup.exe -s -f2"%systemdrive%\ps.log"

Need a free, easy, ad-free place to toss your images? Enjoy.

darklox

darklox
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 03-December 04
How do I install the entire creative suite.

I would do it the old fashioned way and use the iss file...BUT

The serial number that works for the Adobe Installer for the entire suite....doesnt work for the individual apps....

I tried doing a -R on the creative suite installer, but its not installshield, its some other proprietary installer, not sure how to get aroudn this one.

edit...nevermind, it responded to 'setup.exe /r' instead

edit2 ... OR NOT...the setup.iss file I saw must have been leftover from something....sigh

lilweirddude

lilweirddude

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Joined 24-August 04
thanks guys

stevenp

stevenp

• 23 posts
  • Joined 07-July 04
What worked for me to get it completely unattended without the activation!:
  • Running Setup.exe -R
  • Copy the Setup.iss to the install dir
  • Edit the Abcpy.ini so it will be complete silence
  • Removed, a crack installer...
  • Used the following Code**

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Photoshop CS including the Crack
start /wait %CDROM%\Install\Photoshop CS\Setup.exe /s /sms /f2c:\Photoshop.log

HardHitter

HardHitter
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 20-January 05
Alright, well I just signed up cause I'm having trouble following what you guys are doing.

I am trying to bypass the activation for Adobe Photoshop CS 8 and I'm trying to follow everyone's instructions but I am getting confused. How do I go about running this setup.exe -R file or whatever it's called. And then this setup.exe -S file? I don't know where to find that or how to even run it.

I've copy and pasted the stuff into the Abcpy.ini file, but then it says to run the setup.exe -R file and hit cancel during the activation? So let the program install and then when it asks if I want to activate, I hit cancel?

Second, I'm supposed to take my setup.inn (or something like that) from my C:\Windows folder and bring it to where? Do I need to change anything in it or what?

After that I have no idea what to do, I would appreciate it if you guys could clear all of this up. Thanks! Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Astalavista

Astalavista

MSFN loyalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Joined 02-December 03
u cannot bypass the activation, it can't be done.

if u are thinking of posting the you know what dont even think it.

We DO NOT allow discussion of CRACKs and WAREZ here.

setup.iss not setup.inn u dont change it.

if u hv no idea what to do u read the instructions again and again.

pretty staright forward

u edit the abcpy.ini
u run setup.exe -R
grab the setup.iss from %systemroot%\
place setup.iss into your setup folder
run setup.exe /s
when adobe first boots, it will ask u to activate via the internet or phone.
done

stevenp

stevenp

• 23 posts
  • Joined 07-July 04
Bypassing the activation can't be done, but hiding it while installing CAN be done, then you'll need to activate the first time with the first start of Photoshop or Imageready.

This is done *just like i sayd before* by doing to following:
  • Running Setup.exe -R
  • Copy the Setup.iss to the install dir
  • Edit the Abcpy.ini so it will be complete silence
  • Used the following Code*

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Photoshop CS including the Crack
start /wait %CDROM%\Install\Photoshop CS\Setup.exe /s /sms /f2c:\Photoshop.log

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users