FIXED - Blank Start Menu

cleonjones

Well when I started up my laptop today it loaded the start menu just fine, so I don't know what happened :wacko:

Well my laptop came with Vista Home Premium and it's been working fine. About a week ago I let my mom borrow the laptop and now I have none of my pinned programs and the recently used programs won't show up at all. I've tried using the old-style start menu and checking and unchecking the box to remember last opened programs and tried pinning the programs back and reverting to the default. I've googled this but none of the issues seem to be quite the same as this. If I click all programs it will bring up the list and it works fine that way, but it's tedious at times. I do use CCleaner, but I haven't backed it up recently as I've been using it for quite some time, even before Vista and I've never had any problems on Vista or XP with it.

Edited by cleonjones

I tried that before, and again today and it didn't have any effect. I would just reinstall Vista but I've put lots of software and I copied all my music onto it and that takes lots of time just to fix the start menu.