Video drivers for NEW and OLD videocards

Tihiy

Fresh project (not by me) started to provide drivers for VESA-compatible video cards:

http://www.bearwindows.boot-land.net/vbe9x.htm

(alpha for now)

There's also Scitech SNAP driver with wider device support, however, currently it is confirmed to handle only Intel integrated graphics up to G965 series and Radeon 9xxx. It is available per request.

Edited by Tihiy

ati x1650xt

Unfortunately, X1650 XT (and X1950) were out after X1900 and are based on chips not supported by those drivers.

Edit: but heck, it may work with VESA drivers. I'll post them later when have feedback.

Edited by Tihiy

• 1 month later...

An italian user that I know can test these drivers, I'm his referent because he doesn't speak very well english.

Video card in question: X1650pro agp 8x 512MB

Send me download link in pm, then I can communicate results after test.

EDIT: Better than nothing. :P

Edited by Max_04

• 5 weeks later...
Bad Tihiy.
Bad me! :realmad:

Sorry, but Radeon 9xxx has been already confirmed to work.

So far, this driver has been confirmed working on the following chipsets not supported by Windows 9x: Intel 915G,GM,945G,GM,965G

Other cards (except Radeon 9xxx) are mostly not working :(

So i'm preparing release which will contain only Intel cards support...

BUT WAIT! FROM THE AUTHOR OF LEGENDARY NT VESA DRIVER:

Universal VESA/VBE Video Display Driver (for Windows 9x x86 Architecture)(very alpha for now)

Check it out!

Edited by Tihiy

Bad Tihiy.
Bad me! :realmad:

Sorry, but Radeon 9xxx has been already confirmed to work.

So far, this driver has been confirmed working on the following chipsets not supported by Windows 9x: Intel 915G,GM,945G,GM,965G

Other cards (except Radeon 9xxx) are mostly not working :(

So i'm preparing release which will contain only Intel cards support...

BUT WAIT! FROM THE AUTHOR OF LEGENDARY NT VESA DRIVER:

Universal VESA/VBE Video Display Driver (for Windows 9x x86 Architecture)(very alpha for now)

Check it out!

:thumbup thank this works!

I didn't know what I could do from DOS to fix things.

I spoke too soon. Next time Windows booted normally, though suddenly Windows would exit when I clicked the Settings tab of the Display Properties. I then tried switching to the NV version, and that works a little better. All colour settings work, except for 16-bits, which looks weird. There is still no hardware acceleration, though; redrawing is slow.

I would use Catalyst if there was a version of it that worked under Windows 95 that also supports my Radeon 9250.

Has anyone tested these with VBE 2.00 PCI 2Mb S3 Inc ViRGE/MX cards? I'm currently running 1024x768x16, but it is capable of 24 bit colors up to 800x600. Problem for me is, after getting used to all that space in 1024x768, I'm not apt to shrink my screen for better colors and less space. Would be very nice to be able to use 24 bit in 1024x768.

Edited by LukeSkillz