My lindows OS

Big Booger

I actually am wanting it too, I just lifted that screenshot. Applied it to my desktop and took another screenshot.

No, XPerties, I am not a tech support representative of microsoft, I teach english in Japan, just practicing for when i start my own tech support business.

Big Booger

Sorry to joke like that but I thought it would be kewl to have LINDOWS. As soon as I find it, my friends I will surely share it with you.

Big Booger

In the general forum. Its a general post. Nothing to do with XP, just generally shooting the bull. If I sckrewd up and posted in the wrong thread, sorry.

Big Booger

"Sometimes the boogers just get to my head"

Dont worry i put in the right place...MOD[/color:787070b2cc]

Just people in high places lol :eek:

Installation:

-------------

Installation Options for LindowsOS

This information will help you find the right method for you when installing LindowsOS.

There are two main approaches for installing the LindowsOS operating system:

1. Install LindowsOS as the only operating system on the computer.

This method will take over the hard drive, removing all previous files, and use LindowsOS as the

only operating system on the computer.

· If you wish to use this method, you can either:

a. Download the LindowsOS ISO file and burn a CD, or

b. Order a CD and have it shipped to you.

Once you have the CD, you can then boot from this CD and follow the installation instructions to

take over the hard drive and install LindowsOS. (You'll need to set the BIOS in your computer to

boot from the CD, if it's not already set to do so.)

2. Install LindowsOS side-by-side on an existing Windows machine.

This method will create a dual boot menu so you can choose between LindowsOS™ and Windows®

each time you start your computer. During the installation, LindowsOS will also try and

"migrate" many of the settings you have in Windows to the LindowsOS desktop

(bookmarks, e-mail, wall paper, icons, menus, etc.)

For a side-by-side installation, here are the available options for the different versions of Windows:

· Windows 98, Windows 98 SE

LindowsOS and the "Windows migration" features work best on these versions of Windows.

If you're running Windows 98 or 98 SE, you can either:

a. Download the LindowsInstaller.exe file and run this from within Windows, or

b. Order a CD and have it shipped to you, or

c. Download the LindowsOS ISO file and burn a CD.

If you install from the CD, be sure and run the set up program on the CD from within Windows,

then follow the directions.

· Windows ME, Windows 2000 with a VFAT file system*

In the Sneak Preview version, the LindowsInstaller.exe file will not work with these versions of Windows,

therefore you must either:

a. Order a CD and have it shipped to you, or

b. Download the LindowsOS ISO file and burn a CD.

Be sure and run the set-up program on the CD from within Windows, then follow the directions.

· Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows XP and Windows 2000 with an NTFS file system*

At this time, LindowsOS will not install side-by-side with these versions of Windows or

any version of Windows running the NTFS file system (VFAT is required.)

LindowsOS can run on these computers, but it would need to take over the entire hard drive and you'd

lose Windows and all files on the machine, as explained in Option 1 above.

*You can check your Windows 2000 file system type (VFAT or NTFS) in Windows by opening

My Computer, and then right clicking on your hard drive and selecting properties. VFAT

file systems will say either "FAT 16" or "FAT 32" while an NTFS file system will say "NTFS."

LindowsOS can not operate side-by-side with Windows if your drive is using the NTFS file system. [/quote:5b337cbd05]