Nlite + Custom Bootscreen

thegamerulez

hey ppl,

i am Compiling my own Win Xp Setup using Nlite and i was planning to use my self made boot screen . I used BootXp to create the same. I was wondering how do i export the same to Nlite so that it , By default uses that.

I am currently using the same in my Present OS, and it has made the necessary changes to the boot.ini files. Also saved it as a BMP file.

This is how the boot.ini looks now

;Warning: Boot.ini is used on Windows XP and earlier operating systems.

;Warning: Use BCDEDIT.exe to modify Windows Vista boot options.

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT /KERNEL=LOGOOS.EXE

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="(Backup Line) Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT

the first 1 is the one made with bootxp

Pls give me some recommendations !!

Thx !

it says its not a valid win32 file...is that normal?
YES!, this is not the type of Executable.

Here is your addon, just add it in the nLite Hotfixes page

http://www.mediafire.com/?afpjdbjvnjo

I have not tested it but it should work, it will copy your boot screen and the .ini congiguration file to system32 during txtsetup and during t24 it will edit boot.ini to add the /KERNEL switch (so you wont see it until the second reboot, you know just before you log in the 1st time)

Edited by ricktendo64

Rick was helping me out with this a couple days ago. When you export the krnl, you can name it it the one you use on your PC or all four of them, send it to a cab and just paste in your XPCD and over write the old. It has worked for me that way. You can also do it the other way Rick said. He knows his s***.

Its quite simple really, first I use txtsetup to copy the LOGOOS.EXE and .INI to system32

UpdateInis=Boot.Kernel

[Boot.Kernel]
%24%boot.ini,operating systems,"multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS=""Microsoft Windows XP Professional"" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT","multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS=""Microsoft Windows XP Professional"" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT /KERNEL=LOGOOS.EXE",1

UpdateInis

[update-ini-section-name]

ini-file, ini-section, (old-ini-entry), (new-ini-entry), (flags)

Replaces, deletes, or adds complete entries in the given INI file. The section name, update-ini-section-name, must appear in the UpdateInis item in an Install section of the INF file.

ini-file

Name of the INI file containing the entry to change. For more information about specifying the INI filename, see the comments below.

ini-section

Name of the section containing the entry to change.

old-ini-entry

Optional. Usually in the form Key=Value.

new-ini-entry

Optional. Usually in the form Key=Value. Either the key or value may specify replaceable strings. For example, either the key or value specified in the new-ini-entry parameter may be %String1%, where the string that replaces %String1% is defined in the Strings section of the INF file.

flags

Optional action flags. Can be one of these values:

Value Meaning

0 (Default) If old-ini-entry key is present in an INI file entry, that entry is replaced with new-ini-entry. Note that only the keys of the old-ini-entry parameter and the INF file entry must match, the value of each entry is ignored.

To add new-ini-entry to the INI file unconditionally, set old-ini-entry to NULL. To delete old-ini-entry from the INI file unconditionally, set new-ini-entry to NULL.

1 If both key and value of old-ini-entry exist in an INI file entry, that entry is replaced with new-ini-entry. Note that the old-ini-entry parameter and the INF file entry must match on both key and value for the replacement to be made (this is in contrast to using an action flag value of 0, where only the keys must match for the replacement to be made).

2 If the key in the old-ini-entry parameter does not exist in the INI file, then no operation is performed on the INI file.

If the key in the old-ini-entry parameter exists in an INI file entry and the key in the new-ini-entry parameter exists in an INI file entry, then the INI file entry that matches the key in the new-ini-entry parameter is deleted and the INI file entry that matches the old-ini-entry parameter is operated on in the following way: the key of the INI file entry is replaced with the key in the new-ini-entry parameter.

If the key in the old-ini-entry parameter exists in an INI file entry and the key in the new-ini-entry parameter does not exist in an INI file entry, then an entry is added to the INI file made up of the key in the new-ini-entry parameter and the old value.

Note that the match of the old-ini-entry parameter and an INI file entry is based on key alone, not key and value.

3 Same as flag parameter value of 2 described above, except match of the old-ini-entry parameter and an entry in the INF file is based on matching both key and value, not just the key.

P.S. did it work thegamerulez?

Edited by ricktendo64

Hi Rick! I've tested your addon, changing the file LOGOOS.exe in the 7Z archive with a "Mac OS X boot" NTOSKRNL.exe file found here:

http://macfree.deviantart.com/art/Boot-lik...-Reslt-29753866

Unfortunaly it doesn't works... :unsure:

Could you kindly help me please?? I love the Mac style!

(OFF TOPIC: a question about your Vista boot addon on wincert... can i use it with an italian xp without problems?)

Thank you very much Rick!

i havn't tested it yet mate. Didnt get the time. Will try it out on sunday and let you know !

Edit:- How do i open txtsetup.sif? using notepad? and where do i copy it to? there are many lines already. similarly should i open bootscr.inf with notepad? Please Explain with Screenshots if possible .. Will be really helpful !

Edited by thegamerulez

i love manuals specially when even an 8 yr old can understand...bring it on

just the next thing i was hoping for that i could do on my laptop. at the moment

i have an asus f3sc model with vista but changed it back to winxpsp2...a dragg

asus support just did not wanted to support me on this since they claim it is

not possible....impossible is nothing [i work in adidas it] so i sit down and did

the job. my desktop pc is already 'nlited' :rolleyes: with a 197mb xpsp2 .iso

made with the support of nlite. great works this program.

Edited by crazylite