Last Versions of Software for Windows 98SE

I have the portable version of opera 12.50 installed and yes there is the plugin wrapper again.

Think I shall just keep using the desktop version of 12.02 without the wrapper as it installed and works fine.

I did some recent searching for working download links. These links will take you to the MSFN threads were the info is.

RegDat for Win9x ( and NT/2K/XP/Vista/7 ) is here.

RegCompact for Win9x is here.

They are getting much harder to find these days so grab the files while you can!

Edited by CharlotteTheHarlot

CharlotteTheHarlot ... very glad you posted about RegDat again and the other older software that you mention from time to time. I missed your earlier post. Although I no longer work much with Win 98SE after deciding to switch earlier this year to XP, I still spend time here looking for any talk of older software programs that might also work with XP. I follow Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 and XP, so it is very easy to miss a "little mention" here or there of a nice little program. That goes for everyone else here also, some older or maybe long forgotten program just might be something I (or others) can use in XP ... I'm glad when people do post about something for Windows 98SE that they also mention what other OSs it will also work with.

Giant2011 ... Fastcopy 2.11 that you just posted about, after CharlotteTheHarlot's post also works with Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/Win7, so I downloaded that also.

thanks ...

Edited by duffy98

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I've been doing for the past wee while, although I think even though we have a registered version if they decide to pull the plug on support for 98 we may find we will begin to find issues, but hey, I suppose we are only too happy that it has supported 98 for this length of time, future months being a bonus.

Updated also to 1st November 2013. :D

Edited by frogman

Latest version (2.8.1) of the superb SoftPerfect Network Protocol Analyzer, which is freeware since recently, runs fine under stock Win98/ME unlike what is stated on their website. Grab it before an update make it actually incompatible like the rest of their utilities.

http://www.softperfect.com/products/networksniffer/

Cool, an alternative to 'ethereal-setup-0.10.14.exe', which was the last version to run natively on 9X.

BTW, I notice their Personal Firewall lists W95 through W2008 compatibility.

Joe.

I am looking for a converter that will convert a file with the .swf extension to mp4 using 98 with or without KernelEx.

I currently use a plug in with Opera that puts a download option to convert to mp4, but this works only for youtube videos, and I would like a similar converter or plug in that does this for flash videos such as on the BBC sites etc.

I am looking for a converter that will convert a file with the .swf extension to mp4 using 98 with or without KernelEx.

I currently use a plug in with Opera that puts a download option to convert to mp4, but this works only for youtube videos, and I would like a similar converter or plug in that does this for flash videos such as on the BBC sites etc.

SWF files could be animations (FWS signature) or flash videos (VLF sig., sometimes with FLV extension).

QuickTime for Windows should be able to play either and can be used stand-alone or as a plug-in both to play and to "export."

If the files are flash videos, any FFmpeg-based converter should work.