Does nlite work in Vista?

Sanjay

Does nlite work in Vista? I don't mean working with a Vista unattended DVD but rather working with an Unattended XP DVD but working in a VIsta environement. The reason I ask is I am getting errors trying to slipstream IE7 and it's hotfixes. I have in the past succesfuly used nLite to slipstream IE7 with updates to my WinXP DVD.

The procedure I have always followed is:

1. WMP Slipstreamer - used to slipstream Vanilla WMP11 along with all the hotfixes for WMP11

2. RVM Integrator - used to integrate Ryan's pack and a whole bunch of addons

3. nLite - used to integrate IE7 and IE7 hotfixes.

As mentioned before I have always had 100% success with the method earlier as long as I had been working in Windows XP. Now when I am trying to run nLite in Vista and do the same, nLite immediately crashes as soon as I add the two hotfixes for integration. The procedure I follow in nLite is:

1. 'Locate' Windows Installation directory.

2. Under 'Task Selection' I click only on 'Hotfixed, Addons and Update Packs'.

3. 'Insert' IE7 installer Build 7.0.5730.13 (IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe)

4. Insert IE7 hotfixes (KB938127 - IE7-WindowsXP-KB938127-x86-ENU.exe and KB939653 - IE7-WindowsXP-KB939653-x86-ENU.exe)

As soon as I click on Open after selecting the hotfixes to be inserted, I get a message in vista stating that nLite has stopped working.

Anyone with any ideas what the problem may be? Or is it simply that nLite does nto work in Vista just like RVM_Integrator?

PS: I have tried both nLite v1.3.5 and v1.4 RC2 with the smae results.

I miight post this in wrong topic but anyway i try.

My goal is to make an XPinstall disc with most of all updates but the problem is that I run Vista so nLite crash when its time include the updates and Hotfixes. I have tried to run it on Backward compability in Windows XP mode and as Administrator but nothing works. When I had Windows XP it worked perfectly but now it dont work at all.

Thanks for any help.

I did get this report few times, that nLite under vista errors out when you insert items in the hotfix page.

Do you have any protection program installed, something Mcaffee, Symantec, Zonealarm...?

Try uninstalling it, reboot then try. If you confirm then I go install the trial and test. But I was there before, didn't break for me, worth the try anyway.

Ye i had this problem once or twice, the only thing i had installed was Windows Defender, the first time i experienced i just got a .NET error but after i reinstalled my computer (with vista again) it worked, still does :blink: ,except when integrating IE7 (which nuhi already knows about) and actually got abit further when i disable Windows Defender but the IE7 was on the last page where it was actually doing the integration.

At first it worked fine when adding hotfixes to the list but it didnt after i had a power cut during the installation of Visual Studio 2005 which was on the stage of installing some .NET stuff.

EDIT: I don't use anything like norton, sohpos, zone alarm, avg and i just use WD

Edited by legolash2o

I did get this report few times, that nLite under vista errors out when you insert items in the hotfix page.

Do you have any protection program installed, something Mcaffee, Symantec, Zonealarm...?

Try uninstalling it, reboot then try. If you confirm then I go install the trial and test. But I was there before, didn't break for me, worth the try anyway.

I have nod32 but i dont block anything since its only a antivirusprog else i only have Widows Defender

Edited by Havxen

• 3 weeks later...