Registry HELP?

strat4play

Guys hope ya can HELP?

I MSCONFIG'ed all those nasty little progs that are on startup,

I think I got the tray cleaned to my liking, anyway how do I go back now to Normal Startup. It may not make much of a difference. In ME and 98 you went to "HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersion"

and to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersion",

there you would delete anything in the -Run and -RunServices folder.

When you go there with XP..not all the progs you stopped from running on startup R there! Where are the entries?

I was always told you should not run a selective startup, and in my eyes, it seems to boot faster in Normal startup, which I cant do till I find all these D/C'ed services. Thanx for you anticipated help Guys!!!

Strat4Play

All the answers are in the Help File. Just click the Help button in the Config Utility. The content is then related to the config applet. I use the System Restore Utility when I make changes to the registry so I can go back to the original settings. You may also want to create a unique user account just for making changes to your system wherein the unique settings will load automatically. This feature is not found in WinME and Win98 and is worth the effort. When you are content with the changes simply impliment the changes to your admin account.

MSNwar - The FatMan