Math Magic v3.52

yahoo27

Has anyone got any idea about installing Math Magic v3.52 silently and also adding the registration details. actually i wanna add this utility software to my unattended win xp dvd but through WPI so looking for a silent install method. i extracted the main installation exe using universal extractor but could not figure out what to do. also after adding the registration details i tired searching the registry but could not find any entry anywhere. there is one entry under the folder name equation editor in the registry but it shows empty. so what to do. can anyone guide me please.....?

Regards,

yahoo27

I'm not familiar with this application. What kind of installer does it use?

It uses VISE installer. I also prepared the settings.ini file by using -r: recsettings.ini switch by it did not work also i could not find any way of adding the registration details. i mean how to figure out whether the software is registered or not. this is because when i uninstalled it and then again re-installed it, it took the registration details automatically. i dont know from where n how....? plz help.....

Regards,

yahoo27

:hello:

ok i figured out that Math Magic v3.52 can be installed silently. Following r the steps:

1. Install Math Magic using command line switch -r: settings.ini (e.g. MMPE.exe -r: settings.ini)

2. This will prepare the settings.ini file with all the parameters specified during installation

3. Repacak the installation file and settings.ini

4. ;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=MMPE.exe -p: settings.ini

TempMode

Silent=2

Overwrite=1

5. This successfully installs the software silently but i dont have any idea of adding registration details silently.

After the silent install running Math Magic for first time, it asks for registration details. I entered them and then uninstalled the software. But again reinstalling back, it automatically takes the registration details. I dont know from where nd how....... :wacko:

My guess is that the registration info is either stored in a configuration file (.ini or similar) or the registry. Have you tried using filemon and regmon to trace what files and registry entries are being manipulated when you save the registration info? I would try myself, but i don't have/use this application.

RegMon

FileMon

Edited by zorphnog