Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

XP Powerpacker and SFC

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

eggbert

eggbert

• 10 posts
Does a 'powerpacked' cd work with SFC?
i.e. will it pick up your cd when you do 'sfc /scannow'?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Siginet

Siginet

Windows XP PowerPacker Creator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
As long as the system you installed was with a powerpacked cd I assume. I have not attempted it myself. it may work on a system that wasn't installed with a powerpack disk... but I don't know. Sorry.

Posted Image
For those of you interested in my next software venture you can check it out here:
www.ITTechware.com

rkillcrazy

rkillcrazy

• 25 posts

Does a 'powerpacked' cd work with SFC?
i.e. will it pick up your cd when you do 'sfc /scannow'?

Yes, it does! In fact, I had to drive an hour to a site to run an SFC with one of my disks. I have a RunOnce script that copies over the I386 directory from the DVD to the root of the %SYSTEMDRIVE%. I'll even change the registry to point the SOURCEPATH to the %SYSTEMDRIVE%\I386 folder but it didn't work that day! I still had to provide the disk in order for SFC to complete the scan.

02-26-08
1203 EST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN