How to tell if the integrated updates are really on the new installati

i have read many guides and docs from microsoft. i have my unattended vista working. i used FireGeier guide to slipstream the updates but i cant tell if they are really integrated because im testing on VM and i dont have it with network connection to check windows update.

i looked for log files on the test VM but i couldnt find anything related to the updates.

is there a way or perhaps file versions to check? thanks.

Edited by elajua

from a command prompt type:

wmic qfe list full /format:htable > c:\updates.htm

then open update.htm in a browser

wmic qfe

will show the results on the command line but it aint pretty

thanks. i tried that command but i got nothing in the updates.htm just "0 instances of" and a table with "node" inside. nothing more.

i tried it on a real computer but got nothing from it, not even the updates.htm

any other ideas?

im using parallels workstation right now. at work i have VMWare but will be until tomorrow...

im following the steps posted by FireGeier at their website but i just realized that the install.wim image is not reflecting the slipstreamed updates. i checked the command prompt and the integrate log to see if something went wrong but the return code is 0 so there were no error in the process.

im a little confused right now, will try some other things to see if i can get WSYM to reflect the updates in the image.

i have read many guides and docs from microsoft. i have my unattended vista working. i used FireGeier guide to slipstream the updates but i cant tell if they are really integrated because im testing on VM and i dont have it with network connection to check windows update.

i looked for log files on the test VM but i couldnt find anything related to the updates.

is there a way or perhaps file versions to check? thanks.

Once you are in Vista after the setup, go to control panel , add remove programs ,show installed updates.

Or before the setup you can open the install.wim with WAIK , and you can see the packages inside the wim

Edited by sp00f

sorry i didnt post that the updates are not showing on installed updates.

sp00f: i also tried today the MasterUpdatePack using VISTA-TOOL and all went fine but the updates aren't showing.

where exactly can i look for the updates in the wim image?

thanks.

sorry i didnt post that the updates are not showing on installed updates.

sp00f: i also tried today the MasterUpdatePack using VISTA-TOOL and all went fine but the updates aren't showing.

where exactly can i look for the updates in the wim image?

thanks.

With WAIK

i was using a retail copy of spanish vista but the version number is different from the one i have at home.

spanish 6.0.6000.16385

english 6.0.6000.16386

i tried the english version and the integrated updates showed up so i guess they weren't working with spanish build.

i will investigate the build number differences in these retail copies.