Theres Some Kind Of AutoTweaks In nLite?

DuduMan

Hi I wanna report some autotweaks in nLite.

After you use nLite to deploy your XP installation and you start the process nLite makes some tweaks to windows

when i start install the windows the installation is slower then normal installation and after the install is finished

i noticed slowness in some installation of programs and other stuff and some tweaks i noticed

like in system properties=hardware=driver signing And Its Configured to ignore and i didnt use the tweaks section in nLite

And i checked the windows i make on other pcs and its the same and i think those autotweaks is making lots of bugs

in the windows and by the looks of it theres other autotweaks in nlite that i dont know of so could you tell nuhi to check it out and please disable it its annoying

thanks in advance myfriends :hello:

You need to understand that when you add or remove drivers and remove components you HAVE to have some other modifications done. Otherwise it will all just collapse.

I am betting you integrated drivers right? You most likely removed some stuff also. To achieve the desired removal and disk - harddrive ratio you can't simply remove files and call it good you have to make changes so XP doesn't take a big steaming caa-caa on you.

Well then how do you explain that when i use HFSLIP to deploy my xp installation it makes no tweaks and the installation is working fast like the original installation and it works perfectly

Btw:And no im not a Noob not a bit :thumbup

As far as I know HFSlip only adds things to your disk not any removals or other changes (I could be wrong).

Plus I am pretty sure nlite will automatically use tweaks if you choose to add drivers that don't have cat file or I could be just plain wrong. give me like 5 minutes and I will run a "Test" with a couple simple things and see what nlite.inf says for tweaks.

Yes youre right myfriend but in nlite its nevermind what you choose to do Slipstream hotixes remove components or

integrate drivers it will make those autotweaks anyway so...

sure thanks for helping myfriend :hello:

Edited by DuduMan

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing","Policy",0x00000001,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Driver Signing","BehaviorOnFailedVerify",0x00010001,0

Yup your right just choosing adding drivers makes those tweaks show up. But hey that actually makes some sense. Nuhi could probably however scan the drivers folders for cat files and if all of them have cat file then not add this tweak but I think that would slow down the whole proccess more.

All in all (Except for the actual tweaks section as there are a few that still don't work) nLite is a wonderfull tool and you should try it a coupla times with different configurations and I am pretty sure you will find a setup that makes you very happy.

Thanks For Your time myfriend :thumbup

say can you tell nuhi if he could make an option in nLite To enable or disable those auto tweaks

so we can all have an option to use or not use this tweaks?

tnx for your help myfriend :)