Problem with Windows Installer

S3pHiroTh

Hi all, I have tried the latest version of hfslip 1.6.5 and I have a problem installing some application. For example I have tried to installing VMware Tools (because I first try the Hfslipped iso in a virtual machine), but windows installer show the image that I have attached.

The same thing happened to me when I have tried to install Bioshock on a real PC (with an hfslipped image, maybe 1.6.0 version), at the last step of the installation, Windows Installer shows that window.

I have tried to install again the KB893803-v2 and KB927891-v3 updates, but the error message is always shown. Has someone the same problem? Thanks for answer

post-109382-1193724306_thumb.jpg

HFSLIP.TXT

That could happen if files failed to register at T-13.

Do you have errors in C:\WINDOWS\setuperr.log after installing the new Windows source?

The only errors that are in setuperr.log are:

msobmain.dll

msxml2r.dll

These 2 files aren't correctly signed (as said the log), the second is famous for this problem, the first instead is my addiction in FIX folder, because I haven't the italian update that have that file.

The problem is that some applicataions, are installed correctly, others show the "error" message (is seems like when windows installer try to install the program there is one or more option [for example /quiet] that aren't correctly written)

I'll try to understand if is only my problem with a small slipstreamed image, only with windows updates.

Thanks for answer Tomcat :)

EDIT: I have tried with a small slipstreamed image and the problem isn't happened, so I'll try to find why this problem is shown

Edited by S3pHiroTh

There are things you can't do at T-13. For example, switching to "Windows classic" through a .REG file at T-13 will cause Themes to be broken. And if you disable System Restore in the same way, you won't be able to enable it again.