Winamp 5.5

Gray

Has anyone successfully installed the latest version of Winamp 5.5 silently, without using AutoIT, or is that the only "real" way of doing it?

I don't want the bloatware, the toolbar, the emusic stuff, the huge new skins or anything. I just want to install Winamp silently and set it up to play audio files, nothing else.

I cannot believe a hugely popular app like Winamp doesn't let you do that with just a few simple switches.

There is a WinAmp 5.5 silent/switchless installer kicking around here somewhere. I downloaded it a few days ago, but can't remember where I got it! I either found it on this forum or on ryanvm. I'll snoop around a bit and see if I can find the link for you.

It is not configurable...but it was already set up only to play audio files. I still can't figure out where on earth I downloaded it from though. I know that it was either on this forum or on ryanvm. I'll keep looking, but I can't make any promises of finding it again. :unsure:

I finally found the link where I found WinAmp 5.5 repackaged as a silent install! You can read the available info for yourself on the site. Sharks file repository.

You can also read more info about this package on the MSFN forum. Check here.

Edited by Shark007
removed URL to my repository - it can be found in my signature.

I finally found the link where I found WinAmp 5.5 repackaged as a silent install! You can read the available info for yourself on the site. Sharks file repository.

You can also read more info about this package on the MSFN forum. Check here.

Thanks - I found Shark's site a couple of days back and I'm using that version. It's not configurable though, but it's the best I could find. I think it's crazy that Nullsoft don't release a decent, fully-configurable and silenty installable version of Winamp, especially with the amount of users it has, but there you go.