ThemePack for lameskin engine (10 great themes+ 4 brand new themes&#33

Xstyle

Well :blink:

Colors look dull to me. It does not have to be shiny, but currently active/inactive windows look the same :blink:

Maybe you can delay your skins a bit to polish them for new skinning engine? :sneaky:

Well :blink:

Colors look dull to me. It does not have to be shiny, but currently active/inactive windows look the same :blink:

Maybe you can delay your skins a bit to polish them for new skinning engine? :sneaky:

You are right in a certain way.... I will work more at this theme and it will be awesome. I'm waiting for the new skinning engine. :hello::whistle:

Merry Christmas to everyone at MSFN! :hello:

I just found out about this 'lost theme' for XP called 'Royale Noir'. It has been released free, so I got it and ported it to LameSkin. Since the original Royale Noir apparently didn't have a default background, I don't either. I just know that lots of the Vista backgrounds look nice with it. Hope you guys like it! :)

2003437236350741596_th.jpg

Royale_Noir.rar

Hi there,

Themers, I was wondering, Why dont you supply a toolbar wallpaper to actually complete the transformation of explorer.

Maybe that it sounds stupid, but perhaps my screenshot below may make u think otherwise.The lameskin is Tihiy's ( Aero ). But the toolbar skin is mine. Hehe.. and it takes a measly 556 bytes in size and I have attached it too.

Here is my screenshot with that toolbar skin ( I also rearranged my toolbars for a better effect )

win98.jpg

And the skin:

vista_toolbar_2ex.bmp

Edited by Lunatic98

Hi there,

Themers, I was wondering, Why dont you supply a toolbar wallpaper to actually complete the transformation of explorer.

Maybe that it sounds stupid, but perhaps my screenshot below may make u think otherwise.The lameskin is Tihiy's ( Aero ). But the toolbar skin is mine. Hehe.. and it takes a measly 556 bytes in size and I have attached it too.

Here is my screenshot with that toolbar skin ( I also rearranged my toolbars for a better effect )

win98.jpg

And the skin:

I like it, but how do I use it? Won't I have to put some code into skin.ini or in a .reg file to get this to work? Or does it actually just apply itself when dropped into a skin folder? Maybe I'm making this harder than it should be, but from what I can tell...

Here is the way to install it...

If you look at the background of Internet Explorer's toolbar, you'll see a very low profile bitmap. You can actually change this bitmap just like you can change Window's background (well, maybe not so easily!).

* Run "Registry Editor" (Run "RegEdit.exe" or "RegEdt32.exe")

* Select:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\

Software\Microsoft\

Internet Explorer\Toolbar

* Run "Internet Explorer"

* Select "View | Options | General"

* Uncheck "Background bitmap" checkbox

* Switch back to the Registry Editor

* Add following parameter as a "REG_SZ" type:

BackBitmap

* Value of the "BackBitmap" parameter should be set to the path to your bitmap (C:\WINNT\SETUP.BMP for example)

* Switch back to "Internet Explorer"

* Check "Background bitmap"

* Click on "OK"

Now you should see the newly specified bitmap on your Internet Explorer's toolbar.

Hold on...............I used Madonote to change the toolbar skin. That is a tweakUI kinda tool, only better.

Here->http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~vr4m-ikw/Global/

Also these were my Window values in Display Properties>Appearance -

Active Titlebar : 20

Menu : 18

3D Objects : Red-240, Green-240, Blue-240

Before you do that you need to save the original skin with a different name, in case u decide to restore.

So save Aero with a new name , in my case it was Aero one.

Now for the original Aero, which had those colors etc changed you need to save it again as Aero,

just clicking apply wont help.

And if you decide to revert, delete Aero and rename "Aero one" back as "Aero" .

P.S: The above is done explicitly within Display properties>appearance. No real files should be deleted.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Xstyle,

Congrats, your work is worthy of inclusion in Auto-Patcher!

and so I want to put your two packs XTP and XTP2 into the next Auto-Patcher, is this OK?

let me know pronto if its not, as i'm going ahead with the decision to do so. Cheers! They will be available from the manual installs folder.

Edited by soporific