vista out xp in. HELP HELP HELP

nick52

I have vista premium preinstalled and want to put xp pro on instead i think my problem lies in the sata haed drive when i boot xp up it shows no hard drive for me to install it on, im fairly novice at this looked at lots of ways but think my heads gunna pop. please help.

Nick :realmad:

Edited by nick52

Thanks i looked at nlilte, the system i have is vista so would i need xp drivers ive looked around but im a bit cluless to what drivers i need and were to get them from and would they have xp drivers for my board. the other thing i thought about is it possible to add a second harddrive with xp onit like a dualboot would this be easier or would i still have the same driver problems. A certain progrmme i use alot will not work on vista that is my reason for melting my own head.

Nick

Hard to tell without knowing what PC it is. You would have the same problem adding a second hard drive.

Have you played around with the compatibility settings of your program? Right click on the shortcut and go to properties. There is a compatibility tab.

I couldnt find 2125 on hp's website, but i did see a bios update for 2130. Have you called HP and asked them or tried there forums? You probably just need to download the SATA drivers to floppy then boot from XP CD so it detects the SATA drive.

-gosh

I'm not sure which is your exact model is, if it's a notebook then there will be a sticker on the bottom that has your serial number and part number on it. Here is the results from a search I did:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_la...&submit.y=8

You just need the follow the links and you should find drivers for XP.

Just had a thought, in the BIOS, you should be able to enable/disable SATA mode for your hard drive.

Edited by Beresford

Hi Dude,

Try to find the correct driver version first. You are using HP Pavilion 2125 Notebook PC correct?. Please provide the proper model info always. If it is Ze or dv, You should be using DV right, I dont think Ze series has Vista OS info.

1.) Do not modify anything in the pre-installed.

2.) On the pre-installed vista machine open the device manager.

3.) Look for IDE controller note and expand

4.) Check for driver version of SATA, You will definetly find a proper version on HP website.

5.) select your model http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_la...y=Pavilion+2125

6.) assume dv, or if you do not what is your mode is go to http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...826〈=en

7.) download the driver correctly for SATA controller.

8.) copy the driver on your floppy drive. Press F6 during setup when you see prompt below.

Let me know if you still have the problem to setup Windows XP laptop. We will try alternative method.

Best wishes,

Dilip.

• 1 month later...

from where i can get nLite. I dont know anything bout dat. plz tell me i m facing same problem

Hi Dude,

Try to find the correct driver version first. You are using HP Pavilion 2125 Notebook PC correct?. Please provide the proper model info always. If it is Ze or dv, You should be using DV right, I dont think Ze series has Vista OS info.

1.) Do not modify anything in the pre-installed.

2.) On the pre-installed vista machine open the device manager.

3.) Look for IDE controller note and expand

4.) Check for driver version of SATA, You will definetly find a proper version on HP website.

5.) select your model http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_la...y=Pavilion+2125

6.) assume dv, or if you do not what is your mode is go to http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...826〈=en

7.) download the driver correctly for SATA controller.

8.) copy the driver on your floppy drive. Press F6 during setup when you see prompt below.

Let me know if you still have the problem to setup Windows XP laptop. We will try alternative method.

Best wishes,

Dilip.

from where i can get nLite. I dont know anything bout dat. plz tell me i m facing same problem

You need to put your SATA drivers on a floppy disk. When Windows starts up you have to press F6 (I think) to load additional drivers.

Or you can use nLite to slipstream the files directly into the XP.

You need to put your SATA drivers on a floppy disk. When Windows starts up you have to press F6 (I think) to load additional drivers.

Or you can use nLite to slipstream the files directly into the XP.