SmoothText 1.1.8

WildBill

Uploaded version 0.2.7 and edited the top post. Smayer97: it looks like you have a Pentium III, which would include SSE support. I've made some changes to the SSE code that might help. It's hard for me to tell without a screenshot (maybe exporting it as .PNG would cut the size down for you), but I've tested it on a 1.2GHz Pentium-III-Mobile laptop and it works.

Edited by WildBill

Another day, another update. Posted version 0.2.8 today and edited the top post. This seems to fix a lot of problems that crop up where the vertical height of a font is way off (usually way too large).

I saw some weirdness where Firefox 3.0 was crashing on loading, and I narrowed it down to the code that reads the registry settings. I made a minor change to the code to try to protect it from any problems and uploaded version 0.3.1. See the top post for the download link...

Posted version 0.3.2 and edited the top post with the new download link. This fixes a visual bug where text would be chopped if you were in Windows Explorer and were scrolling the window while in Thumbnail View.

Uploaded version 0.3.7 and edited the top post. Was seeing some weird slowdowns after several hours of usage, and spotted a bug that *might* have been the culprit. In several hours since the problem hasn't come back, so hopefully that fixed it.

Took me a while to get around to it but finally tested the updated version (0.3.8) with MS Office 2003.

Works fine with it now! Thx for that one :-D

BUT, I still have Navigator crash on me when I am scrolling. If I scroll up and down a few times fast (like if I a scanning and searching for something), it crashes with a memory cannot be read error and some memory addresses.

• 1 month later...

Uploaded version 0.3.9 and edited the top post. The program has undergone a massive overhaul and is way, way better than before (see top post for details). I advise anyone who uses this to grab the latest version.

Excellent work on SmoothText... Been using it since 0.3.8 :thumbup:

Co-operates well with everything except Powerpoint, lots of lag rendering slides. (Maybe my computer's getting old, heh.)

Also induces some text glitches in OpenGL and D3D proggies, but when the action starts, I don't think anyone notices subpixel aliasing :P

Just like to say theres still a problem in Notepad with non-monospace fonts... Especially when there's a giant line of thin letters (lowercase i and l). :whistle:

Also, with SmoothText 0.3.8, all of my menus and buttons were skinned because of WindowBlinds, which in turn somehow passed all of the text through SmoothText. :)

Thanks again :D