WildBill

SmoothText 1.1.8

502 posts in this topic

Glad to hear that you like it. I tried Notepad with an Arial font and it seems to be working fine. Can you give me more details?

I uploaded version 0.4.0 tonight and edited the top post. This should have much better performance.

Edited by WildBill

Had to put up an emergency update, version 0.4.1. Please see the top post for details. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It's been a few versions since I tried this, but I just installed it on the old laptop and it's much improved; I'm impressed.

I do have an issue with desktop icon text being clipped, however; is that a known issue?

Edited by Targaff

I haven't seen desktop text clipped...can anyone else chime in? Have you tried right-clicking and selecting 'Refresh'?

Uploaded version 0.4.2 and edited the top post. Just a couple of mild refinements, but nice to have.

Here's that random corruption picture anyway.

notepadcorruptionzq7.th.jpg

Using 12pt Calibri.

But so far, 0.4.2 doesn't seem to be showing any signs of that :D

Keep up the good work! :thumbup

Great that the bug is gone. Please let me know if you run into any more problems. That text bug was exactly what I was trying to fix with the 0.3.9 redesign.

Edited by WildBill

Version 0.4.3 is uploaded (see the top post). It has a caching/rendering bugfix and better performance.

Hello all,

I was experiencing some random crashing problems with version 0.4.3 so I made some changes and posted version 0.4.4. I'm hoping that this fixes the problem.

Thanks! It's running MUCH faster when loading folder lists :thumbup

Although there's still a few problems: Chart text in MS Word doesn't show up properly (Major Argh when editing.)

wordbugfu3.th.jpg

And also the sudden disappearance of Shortcut Keys (the Ctrl+W thingies) at the end of a menu selection in Photoshop CS2.

photoshopbugxu6.th.jpg

There is also some missing text (Paragon Partition Manager).

paragonbugho5.th.jpg

Last minor problem: Middle-button scrolling the text in Firefox slowly leaves some kind of artifact.

firefoxbugac4.th.jpg

Good to see that the Firefox text bug was fixed :D Was missing D's and W's.

Great to see that you're having better success, though those bugs are weird. I was able to reproduce the Firefox one, but I'm not sure what I could do about it. I think I understand what's going on, that it's probably doing a bitblt() and only painting the extra text, which might not be something I can solve.

I don't have any of your other programs, though I could possibly try a chart on MS Word 2000 to see what happens. It would be a lot easier, though, if you could post a document that I could load in MS Word to see what happens.

LOL, Are you trying this in Vista?!

I just posted version 0.4.5 which is a little more friendly, but shouldn't affect the rendering issues you showed above.

Edited by WildBill

What? Vista? Noooo.... :blink: Windows 2000 :P

Anyways, the Photoshop and Partitioning things, not much of a nuisance because I don't Partition often. Photoshop is unseverely affected.

Firefox scroll thing I could care less, I rarely scroll that way anyway. :ph34r:

Attached is a word document with a chart.

It begins to mess up severely when resized or edited.

Hope your first weeks of 2009 were happy. :)

I made some minor changes and the chart shows up better once I double-click on it, but remember I'm running Word 2k instead of 2k3. I downloaded the demo of the partition manager, but I can't get to your screenshot to see what's wrong with it. Can you fix the screen shot while I try the demo?

Edited by WildBill

Okay, I just posted version 0.4.6, which fixes the problem with the partitioning program at least, and fixes a couple of other things as well. How does this version treat you?

Woot! The text isn't missing anymore... Although... :blushing:

taskmanez7.th.jpg

Task Manager got... a new "facelift" as Microsoft might call it.

It's showing through and has some text corruption not seen before 0.4.6.

I apologize if I'm causing any inconveniences here... :blushing:

Great software, bad Microsoft. ;)