SmoothText 1.1.8

WildBill

Glad to hear that you like it. I tried Notepad with an Arial font and it seems to be working fine. Can you give me more details?

I uploaded version 0.4.0 tonight and edited the top post. This should have much better performance.

Edited by WildBill

It's been a few versions since I tried this, but I just installed it on the old laptop and it's much improved; I'm impressed.

I do have an issue with desktop icon text being clipped, however; is that a known issue?

Edited by Targaff

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! It's running MUCH faster when loading folder lists :thumbup

Although there's still a few problems: Chart text in MS Word doesn't show up properly (Major Argh when editing.)

wordbugfu3.th.jpg

And also the sudden disappearance of Shortcut Keys (the Ctrl+W thingies) at the end of a menu selection in Photoshop CS2.

photoshopbugxu6.th.jpg

There is also some missing text (Paragon Partition Manager).

paragonbugho5.th.jpg

Last minor problem: Middle-button scrolling the text in Firefox slowly leaves some kind of artifact.

firefoxbugac4.th.jpg

Good to see that the Firefox text bug was fixed :D Was missing D's and W's.

Great to see that you're having better success, though those bugs are weird. I was able to reproduce the Firefox one, but I'm not sure what I could do about it. I think I understand what's going on, that it's probably doing a bitblt() and only painting the extra text, which might not be something I can solve.

I don't have any of your other programs, though I could possibly try a chart on MS Word 2000 to see what happens. It would be a lot easier, though, if you could post a document that I could load in MS Word to see what happens.

LOL, Are you trying this in Vista?!

I just posted version 0.4.5 which is a little more friendly, but shouldn't affect the rendering issues you showed above.

Edited by WildBill

What? Vista? Noooo.... :blink: Windows 2000 :P

Anyways, the Photoshop and Partitioning things, not much of a nuisance because I don't Partition often. Photoshop is unseverely affected.

Firefox scroll thing I could care less, I rarely scroll that way anyway. :ph34r:

Attached is a word document with a chart.

It begins to mess up severely when resized or edited.

Hope your first weeks of 2009 were happy. :)

I made some minor changes and the chart shows up better once I double-click on it, but remember I'm running Word 2k instead of 2k3. I downloaded the demo of the partition manager, but I can't get to your screenshot to see what's wrong with it. Can you fix the screen shot while I try the demo?

Edited by WildBill

Woot! The text isn't missing anymore... Although... :blushing:

taskmanez7.th.jpg

Task Manager got... a new "facelift" as Microsoft might call it.

It's showing through and has some text corruption not seen before 0.4.6.

I apologize if I'm causing any inconveniences here... :blushing:

Great software, bad Microsoft. ;)