2nd-level dropdown menu skinning should work, but the Explorer shell's New... submenu is owner-drawn. That's why it looks different. For example, the Arrange Icons... submenu paints correctly.
I saw the start button issue too with your skin, I think it has to do with the narrowness of the taskbar. I'll have to play with it some more to see what's going on.
For the Quicklaunch icons, try adding these settings to the [METRICS] section to see if they help:
To get extra system tray space, you have to assign an image to the tray:
Image= <-- Need to assign an image and set the image's ContentRectLeft setting
Transparent icon text works through the font smoothing engine, so yes, it won't work with font smoothing disabled.
Thanks a lot!
I've been working on my own theme for a while now, but I still have some problems:
- The start button is oddly deformed, even though it has the same height as the taskbar.
- 2nd level drop down menu skinning doesn't work.
- The Quicklaunch icons doesn't resize to fit the taskbar.
- I want to add a space between the edge of the system tray and the first icon. I tried using ContentRect, but instead got a black square where the space should've been.
- Transparent icon captions doesn't work unless font smoothing is turned on.
Edited by WildBill, 18 July 2010 - 07:52 PM.