Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

Sorry i may ask a stupid question but is there AIO package with all of intel sata drivers? I wanna make my new clean build and i wanna include all of intel sata drivers from the start till now. Or i need to download each package and then integrate them?

Sorry i may ask a stupid question but is there AIO package with all of intel sata drivers?
That will not work, because the different driver versions have the same name and will replace each other during the integration.
Or i need to download each package and then integrate them?
That will not work either.

Back to your post 1099 on page 37; I downloaded the 32-bit driver for VirtualBox, set the chipset to ICH9, chose a SATA controller and an AHCI disk and integrated the ICH9 SATA/AHCI driver (modified by you :rolleyes:) with nLite (textmode, of course). Setup fails with the notorious 0x7B BSOD. Is there something I'm missing here?

Edit: tried before with a floppy image as well, but the ICH9 (no M/R) driver was not shown

Last Session.ini

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

@ Sp0iLedBrAt:

Usually my guide is only valid for a Windows XP installation onto a really existing hardware configuration and not in a virtual environment.

Please try to integrate >this< driver. Maybe this one will work in the Virtual Box. You should just enable the listed Intel® ICH9 SATA AHCI Controller.

Good luck!!

Fernando

Fernando, thanks for helping so many people figure out how to get through what i thought was going to be easy process. Now as you can tell from my screename, I'm getting owned on this one.

It all started when my motherboard blew out the other day, I figured it was a divine way of saying time to upgrade my 6 year old system. :D

I've spent days trying to get nlite to work with my new msi B75A-G43 motherboard http://us.msi.com/product/mb/B75A-G43.html#/?div=Detail[/u"]http://us.msi.com/product/mb/B75A-G43.html#/?div=Detail] using my new 120gb samsung ssd until i realized that my what i thought was a clean xp pro fresh install cd has the dreaded WINNT.SIF file..

My question to you is this:

does it make sense to settle with ide mode and be a slowhead or should i look into getting a clean xp cd (where would u get one?, can i download one somewhere?)?

:Assuming achi is the answer:

use the msi recommended drivers that came with my new board or use some of the ones you provide?

does solely having intel sata ports compromise the nlite process?

I really really want to get xp up and running via achi but fear being forced into upgrading to windows 7 or settling for ide. I just love xp.

Thanks,

Vogtsky

@ GettinOwned:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

does it make sense to settle with ide mode and be a slowhead or should i look into getting a clean xp cd
The latter option is the far better one.
where would u get one?
Provided you are a legal owner of a Windows XP licence, you can borrow a clean XP CD as full OEM or Retail version with already integrated Service Pack 3 from a friend or a neighbour just for copying the content onto your HDD as source for the later nLite processing. Important: You have to use your own legal XP CD Key.
Assuming achi is the answer:

use the msi recommended drivers that came with my new board or use some of the ones you provide?

I recommend to integrate the 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL, which I have linked within the start post of this thread.

When you get the nLite textmode driver popup window, you should just select the "Intel® 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller" and the "Intel® 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller" (I am not sure, which of them is built on your mainboard).

does solely having intel sata ports compromise the nlite process?
No.
Reporting back: so far this http://kosiara87.blogspot.com/2011/01/virtualbox-40-installing-windows-xp.html is the only thing that has worked so far. Interestingly enough Fernando, it is the same 7.8.0.1012 driver you primarily modified.
Thanks for your interesting feedback. I have no idea, why the simple integration of the modded v7.8.0.1012 driver didn't work for you.

Kind Regards

Fernando

Fernando,

I do indeed have a valid cd key. It is the one i've been using on my old system that broke. Just waiting to be able to use it on my upgraded machine.

Will a xp pro UPGRADE cd be just as suitable as a regular install disc? I'm under the impression they're relatively the same thing.

I'll be trying to get a clean OS on ebay in the meantime for a reasonable price.

I realize your thread is not about changing to ahci mode after installing xp, but, if you know a link to a solid thread regarding that issue, i would really appreciate you pointing me in that direction. Might as well weigh all my options right?

Thanks for the reply,

Brian

P.S. Props on this thread staying alive for all this time. Simply amazing!!!

Will a xp pro UPGRADE cd be just as suitable as a regular install disc?
No, you should take a full version of Windows XP, if you have a key for a full Retail or OEM version.
I realize your thread is not about changing to ahci mode after installing xp, but, if you know a link to a solid thread regarding that issue, i would really appreciate you pointing me in that direction.
Just do a Googe search for "XP switch from IDE to AHCI +Intel" and you will find a lot of workarounds, for example >this< guide.

Important: You should know the exact name of the on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controlle. It will be either "Intel® 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller" or "Intel® 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller".

Fernando,

I want to install windows XP X32 SP3 but the problem is that i am not able to find the SATA drives(textmode drivers) of Intel® 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF & Intel® 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0

Can u pls help me out with that.

Thanks!!

Have you tried the first one listed on the fist page of this thread under preperation? I do not use this method of driver entergration. I use the driver packs method from driverpacks dot net. Good luck and hope I helped.

Edited by cozinbob2

@ gaurav007:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

I want to install windows XP X32 SP3 but the problem is that i am not able to find the SATA drives(textmode drivers) of Intel® 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF & Intel® 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0
There is no textmode driver available and not needed for that native IDE (non-AHCI/RAID) Controller. You will be able to get Windows XP SP3 installed without loading (F6) or integrating any special driver.

My guide is only valid for users with an Intel Chipset system, who want to get Windows XP installed after having set the SATA Controller within the BIOS to "AHCI" or "RAID" mode. After having done that, the Intel SATA AHCI resp. SATA RAID Controller has another name and another HardwareID.

As cozinbob2 has written you will find the appropriate AHCI or RAID driver within the start post of this thread.

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1