Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

I'm setting up a i5 2300 and a Gigabyte B75m-D3H running a 250gb Velociraptor as a workstation that needs to run XP. So I'm stuck with a 10 year old OS on this install.

Is that for work ?

I'm setting up a i5 2300 and a Gigabyte B75m-D3H running a 250gb Velociraptor as a workstation that needs to run XP. So I'm stuck with a 10 year old OS on this install.

Is that for work ?

Yes it is for work, Several legacy programs and we're stuck with XP until they pull the trigger on a company wide upgrade.

I am using CD-R as my media, so I assumed I had to make a new disk for each slipstream. By both drivers I was referring to the 7 series with 316 and 7 series without. You are suggesting the one driver method and silipstream them both individually into the same install disk, Yes?
The 32bit Intel RST driver package 11.2.0.1006 contains only 1 driver named iaStor.sys.

What I suggested was, that you may highlight both Intel 7-series SATA AHCI Controllers, if you don't know the exact Controller name of your mainboard. That is not the integration of 2 drivers, but the try to enable the support of 2 different Controllers by 1 single driver.

If you have created 2 different CDs, each of them wiith the support of a differen Intel 7-Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller, it is even better.

Also I noticed that after the nLite procedeure, the folder that I copied the sp3 disk into now has additional files showing (the slipstreamed files no doubt). Are these the files that are in nLite when I am asked if I want to use the previous session? I usually right click and delete them in nLite but noticed they are still there in the source folder.
That is why you have to restart the complete nLite procedure from scratch by copying the original untouched XP CD content, if the XP installation failed and you are going to create a new CD with integrated driver. Furthermore you should not load any ini file with a previous nLite session in this case.
Also Just discovered my XP sp3 disk is likely a volume licence version, possibly meaning it could be a nock off
So you think, that you bought a pirate copy of a Windows XP CD? Doesn't it have a Microsoft hologram?
How does one source a known legit XP sp3 disk these days?
There are many ways to purchase a legal original XP CD as Retail version showing the Microsoft hologram.
Is that for work ?
Yes it is for work, Several legacy programs and we're stuck with XP until they pull the trigger on a company wide upgrade.
The use of nLite is only allowed for private purposes, not for business.

If it is your job to customize Operating Systems like Windows XP, you have to use another tool or method.

Edited by Fernando 1

@Fernando 1,

I appreciate your concern and really appreciate your help.

I'm actually not an IT professional but a real estate paralegal. It is a long story but at the end of the day I am building this workstation for use at my job.

The managing partner at the firm I work at had a hard drive crash a few months ago. Their corpoarate IT support provider wanted crazy money for 3 year old technology to replace the work station

Since he knew I built my own HTPC (what I'm using right now), I told the boss I would tight him up. That's how I ended up here. I built him a Gigabyte z68mx with an SSD running XP. Now it's my turn.

Not sure if that makes me a commercial user or not but I'm not selling hardware or in the computer business.

Commercial version? Bear in mind it is not my job to cusomize operating systems.
Nobody said that.

Here is an extract of the nLite Licence Agreement you have accepted during the nLite installation:

"1. nLite is freeware and can be freely used for any personal non-commercial purposes.

5. nLite is free for personal use only, you cannot use it for any company or business purposes at this time."

Edited by Fernando 1

If it is your job to customize Operating Systems like Windows XP, you have to use another tool or method.

Sure dont mean to violate terms of use, thanks for clarifying the useage. Since I cant use nLite as I setup this terminal, would you be open to suggest another slipstream software that would be OK fine for my use? Or in the alternative, is it possible to pay for a commercial version of Nlite so I can use it for this install?

If not, know that all the help I've recieved from you folks up until now is appreciated.

Since I cant use nLite as I setup this terminal, would you be open to suggest another slipstream software that would be OK fine for my use?
According to my knowledge the Driverpacks tool named DP Base is not limited to private usage.

>Here< you can find all needed informations about the Driverpacks method. The needed DriverPacks Application named DP Base and the special DriverPacks themselves (e.g. the "DriverPack Mass Storage") can be downloaded from >here<.

Or in the alternative' date=' is it possible to pay for a commercial version of Nlite so I can use it for this install?[/quote']There is no commercial version of nLite available.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Fernando

• 3 weeks later...

Since I am going to bed now, I have just uploaded for you the newest 32bit Marvell 91xx SATA driver v1.2.0.1002 dated 03-07-2011.

You can download it from >here<.

After having read the text of the TXTSETUP.OEM file it seems possible for me, that you have to check both listed "Marvell shared library for 32bit (install first)" and "Marvell 91xx SATA Controller 32bit Driver", when you get the textmode driver popup window.

Good night!

Fernando

do u happen to have a ahci driver so i can install my windows xp 64

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3239#sp

this is the motherboard i tryed all drivers but my ssd is not found and on some slipstreamed disk i get bleu screen

the ssd is a samsung 830

The site itself offers drivers by Intel and Marvel for XP x64. Can you confirm the producer of the SATA controller is Intel?

Cheers

the sata controller is intel yes when i look at ide it says this driver is installed in ide mode intel ® 5 series/3400 series

i tryed slipstream all drivers at once from the website but its not working

i only get blue screens and setup not finding my ssd

please help

@ bramke:

welcome at MSFN Forum!

the sata controller is intel yes when i look at ide it says this driver is installed in ide mode intel ® 5 series/3400 series
Your mainboard has at least 6 Intel SATA2 ports and 2 Marvell SATA3 ports. As long as you run the SATA Controllers in IDE mode (=BIOS setting), you don't need to load or integrate any special textmode driver!

If your SATA Controllers have been set to "AHCI" within the BIOS, you have to load (F6) or integrate the appropriate 64bit textmode driver (depending on the port,where the SSD is connected).

Here are the download links to both drivers, which come into consideration, but you should just integrate one of them (that one, where the SSD is connected):

>64bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL for Windows XP x64<

Important: If you should integrate this driver and get the TEXTMODE driver popup with a list of different Intel SATA Controllers, you should highlight just the listed "Intel® 5 Series/3400 Series SATA AHCI Controller".

> 64bit Marvell 91xx AHCI driver v1.2.0.1027 WHQL for Windows XP x64<

The correct driver is the "Marvell 91xx SATA Controller 64bit Driver".

i tryed slipstream all drivers at once from the website but its not working

i only get blue screens and setup not finding my ssd

That consequence is quite normal, if you try to integrate a lot of different actual textmode drivers at once. As I have written above, you should integrate just 1 single textmode driver (the appropriate one).

Good luck!

Fernando

Thanks Fernando, using "32bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando" - working great with Windows XP on a Thinkpad T61 with ICH8.

psnr7.jpg

1gob50.jpg

2144az7.jpg

Also - for slipstreaming manually without nLite, I recommend this guide:

In my experience - I first tried it with just iastor.sys - and installation went through first phase - but then at reboot gave Blue screen. But then I included all the files in $oem$\$1\drivers - and it worked perfectly. So make sure to include all the files and set OemPnPDriversPath to the location of the files.

Edited by robertcollier4