Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

If i want make the CD universal, so i can install the XP on many different PC's that need SATA drivers, can I integrate them all?

No, that would not work by using nLite.

If you want to create an "Universal" XP CD, which may be usable with different AHCI or RAID Controllers from different manufacturers, you should better use the "DriverPacks" method (>LINK<) using the tool "DP Base" and integrating the actual "DriverPack Mass Storage" package, which you can get >here<.

• 1 month later...

My motherboard is:

That's a ICH7.

Read the first post here and read http://www.win-raid.com/t22f23-Integration-of-Intels-AHCI-RAID-drivers-into-a-Windows-XP-CD.html

Try the textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL and the modified v11.2 RST driver.

How can I know whether it is ICH6, ICH7 ICH9 or whatever....?

Which driver to download:

For users with an Intel ICH7R/M, ICH9M, ICH10R/D, 5 Series, 6-Series or 7-Series (except X79) Southbridge AHCI or RAID system:

or

For all users with an Intel AHCI/RAID system from ICH7R/M up (incl. X79 and 8-Series chipsets):

Edited by juhu

@cdob

Thank you for replying. I integrated both of v11.2.0.1006 WHQL and the modified v11.2 RST driver and made bootable cd using nLite.

Also, I dl'ed DP Base and DriverPack Mass Storage 12.09 and made another bootable cd.

So, I'll try these two :)

I integrated both of v11.2.0.1006 WHQL and the modified v11.2 RST driver and made bootable cd using nLite.

Don't do this. Don't mix drivers with nLite.

nLite dosn't support textmode name conflicts.

Well, should work in that case, given equal *.sys driver files.

@cdob

But I didn't have any problems, nLite didn't report any conflict. Once, I added iaAHCI.inf from v11.2.0.1006 WHQL drivers folder, and selected all of drivers in nLite menu:

http://postimg.org/image/swdi212af/

then I added iaACHI.inf from modified v11.2 RST drivers folder and also selected all of drivers in nLite menu:

http://postimg.org/image/ngbu49ieb/

So, as you said, it's not good. What should I do?

Edited by juhu

@ juhu:

cdob is right: It was not a good idea to integrate more than 1 Intel textmode driver into the XP CD.

Simple reason: The drivers may be overwritten by each others. This may prevent, that the system drive will be detected by the XP Setup at the beginning of the installation.

@ tirigliu:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

Since there is no original Intel AHCI/RAID driver available, which supports 8-Series Chipsets and Windows XP as well, you have to integrate a modified conventional Intel RST driver (latest Version: 11.2.0.1006).

I recommend to integrate the "Universal 32bit Intel RST Textmode Driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando". You will find the download link, if you follow the link I have given within the start post of this thread.

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

Thank you Fernando for the drivers you've provided. I used nlite to integrate the drivers and created the ISO. I used Novicorp WinToFlash, Flashboot to create a bootable USB and installed XP but when it boots it keeps restarting. AHCI is selected in BIOS. Any ideas ?

Regards.