Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

oh hey, i just realized that it wasnt clear from my post that its a laptop im trying this on(vaio vgn-fw170j) i dont know if that changes anything...but yeah just letting you know :-P

thanks in advance for all your help! :thumbup

oh hey, i just realized that it wasnt clear from my post that its a laptop im trying this on(vaio vgn-fw170j) i dont know if that changes anything...
No, the linked Intel chipset driverpack will work with all actual desktop computers and laptops, which have an Intel ICH7-10 chipset.

After having installed the Intel chipset drivers (the installer will detect all supported devices by its own), you should look into the Device Manager again for "Unknown Devices" or Devices without suitable drivers.

Write down the names of these devices. Then do a right click onto them and look for the details. You will probably find the HardwareID's of them.

Post the vendor (VEN_xxxx) and device (DEV_xxxx) details and I will find the suitable drivers for you.

haha I take it back, it works!!! Im on my normal laptop now :-) thanks a lot Fernando! You are one of the nicest people ever, taking time out to help people like me, but anyways heres the info for the rest of the drivers:

Audio:HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_104D2E00&REV_1003\4&281D0514&0&0001

Audio2: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2802&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&281D0514&0&0201

Base System Device:PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_9035104D&REV_12\4&31FC8C23&0&1AF0

Modem device on high definition bus: HDAUDIO\FUNC_02&VEN_14F1&DEV_2C06&SUBSYS_104D1700&REV_1000\4&281D0514&0&0102

Network Controller: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4232&SUBSYS_13018086&REV_00\4&3905AE0C&0&00E3

Video Controller: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4232&SUBSYS_13018086&REV_00\4&3905AE0C&0&00E3

Video Controller (VGA Compatible): PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_9035104D&REV_07\3&11583659&0&10

Please and thanks :-)

p.s. sorry one more for BCM2046 bluetooth device: USB\VID_044E&PID_3017\001E3DEE2227

Id be happy to get them myself if you let me know how :-P

Edited by rlj399

As next step download the Intel graphics driver, which will additionally install the HDMI audio driver. You can get the latest driver from here.

EDIT:

If you want to search for the other drivers yourself, do the following:

1. Open this site.

2. Copy and paste the 4 digits/letters of the Vendor into the "Vendor Search" window and hit the "Search" button > you will get the name of the vendor.

3. Copy and paste the 4 digits/letters of the Device into the "Device Search" window and hit the "Search" button > you will get the name of the device.

4. Search for the latest XP driver for the device at the homepage of the vendor.

Edited by Fernando 1

hey, sorry, but i just realized that the bluetooth one (the last one) doesn't give a vendor or deviec number, what do i do for that one?
Hopefully this is the download link to the suitable Bluetooth driver for your system.

By the way: You will probably find all needed drivers within the 6th post of this site.

I have a few questions regarding intergrating the Intel sata dirvers.

I would like to create an nlite version but with the sata drivers integrated. In the link below it states that you must use a clean source. Is it possible to create an nlite version with the intel sata drivers intergrated, and if so how?

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=107504

2. Processing with nLite:

Copy the content of the clean source CD (XP, XP x64, W2k3 or W2k3 x64) onto your hdd.

Run nLite and point to the directory where you have copied the OS source.

@ SilverArrow:

You already gave the answer yourself. It is no problem to integrate the Intel SATA AHCI/RAID driver into a clean Windows XP/W2k3 CD. Just follow my guide you have linked to.

Where is your problem? Are you missing a clean OS source?

Edited by Fernando 1

Fernando, a bit off-topic, but are you aware of any incompatibilities between the Intel ICH10R controller and the Samsung estool drive diagnose tool?

All my four Samsung HD642JJ drives give AJ29 "RAM error" messages when testing them with estool. I bought two new drives this week (because I need some drives during the long RMA process) and these new drives give those AJ29 errors as well!

Out of curiosity I connected one of them to the JMicron 363 controller instead of the Intel ICH10R and the AJ29 error was gone...

(some of the old drives really need to be RMA'd because they also give AJ24 "Bad sector" messages and one of them doesn't even boot anymore)

Edited by XIII