Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

@ ssnjesko:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

Please give me some additional informations:

1. Which OS are you usually running with your Advent notebook?

2. What have you done with nLite?

3. Why did you try to install Vista?

Regards

Fernando

Hi all

Just want to share with you my information about acer 7740G laptop, I followed Fernando's advice and used a fresh source of XP Pro SP3 and integrated his modified AHCI drivers, the 7740G utilises the Intel 5 series 4 port SATA AHCI controller. I also downloaded all XP drivers for the other components used in this model and integrated the AHCI and other drivers with NLite. I can report XP installs fine and works without any problems on my new acer 7740G.

Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...

@ ssnjesko:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

Regards

Fernando

1 vista home basic

2 try slipstrime drivers

3 vista only sea disc at all but donot let me to install windows

@ ssnjesko:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

Regards

Fernando

1 vista home basic

2 try slipstrime drivers

3 vista only sea disc at all but donot let me to install windows

I delate hiden partition on Hdd

2 try slipstrime drivers
Which ones?

You should only integrate the 32bit Intel RST driver v11.0.0.1032 WHQL and choose the listed " "Intel® ICH7M/MDH SATA AHCI Controller" while doing the integration with nLite.

I delate hiden partition on Hdd
And what happened? Did the XP installation work?

• 1 month later...

This article was updated last on 04/05/2012, but does not mention an "Intel® Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI controller", which predates the update date.

The driver file "32 bit Intel RST AHCI & Raid driver V11.1.0.1006 WHQL" has an extension `rar` and does not follow usual procedures for opening. Some elaboration may well be warranted.

hmtjakob

This article was updated last on 04/05/2012, but does not mention an "Intel® Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI controller", which predates the update date.
Why should I mention this special Intel SATA Controller? There are a lot of different Intel SATA AHCI and RAID Controllers, which you will not find within my guide.

The reason is quite simple:

Within the start post I have linked a big variety of different Intel AHCI/RAID driverpacks. The TXTSETUP.OEM files of all these driverpacks contain different Controllers and even different names for the exactly same Controller type.

So any detailed information about the exact list of the supported Controllers will be more confusing than enlightening.

The screenshot within the "Processing with nLite" section of my guide was taken while integrating the old Intel MSM textmode driver v8.9.0.1023. Just to clarify, that the picture is an example and not exactly what the user will see, I wrote this sentence above that screenshot:

If you have integrated the appropriate drivers (hopefully supporting your special Intel SATA Controller too) you will get the following or rather similar "Storage Device Textmode Driver" popup window with a big variety of different Intel Controllers:
The driver file "32 bit Intel RST AHCI & Raid driver V11.1.0.1006 WHQL" has an extension `rar` and does not follow usual procedures for opening. Some elaboration may well be warranted.
Since I started this thread in November 2007 all driverpacks, which I have linked within the start post, are packed with one of the best and most common archive tools named WinRAR and can easily be unzipped by other popular Zip tools. The archiving procedure lowers the package size and the download time.

Although I have done that since 2007, none of the meanwhile 1.1 million visitors of this thread ever have criticized that.

Just to avoid.that the user tries to integrate the RAR package, I have written this sentence at the bottom of the "Preparations" chapter:

Unzip and store the driver folder of your choice somewhere

I really hope, that you succeeded with the driver integration nevertheless.

Regards

Fernando

Fernando,

I'm running an X79 Rig and needed to install XP 32 Bit in AHCI Mode. I slipstreamed your driver with Nlite and the install went great and works great. Just wanted to ask how you did the modification as I'm just curious. And may I ask why you chose the 10.5.2.1010 ver. when there are newer ones available.

Thanks For Your Work,

Bob

Hello Bob,

welcome at MSFN Forum and thanks for your feedback!

I'm running an X79 Rig and needed to install XP 32 Bit in AHCI Mode. I slipstreamed your driver with Nlite and the install went great and works great.
It's fine, that you succeeded with the XP installation and that you are satisfied with the Intel AHCI driver I have linked within my guide.
Just wanted to ask how you did the modification as I'm just curious. And may I ask why you chose the 10.5.2.1010 ver. when there are newer ones available.
This RST driver v10.5.2.1010 dated 10/27/2011 has not been modified at all. It is the actual Intel AHCI driver, which has been designed by Intel for X79 chipsets systems running Windows XP (32bit).

This driver is part of Intel's newest official RSTe drivers and software pack 3.1.0.1085. After having extracted the set you will find the RST driver v10.5.2.1010 within the RST\drivers\x32 subfolder..

Regards

Fernando

I'm confused. Are you saying that intel is now supporting X79 with XP 32 bit AHCI with this driver ? I thought X79 only supported XP 64 bit AHCI.
You misunderstood the statement of Intel regarding the support of the Windows Operating Systems.

As you have verified yourself, users with an X79 chipset mainboard are able to get Windows XP (32bit) installed, but they cannot use the "normal" Intel RSTe AHCI/RAID drivers for X79 chipsets, which do work simultaneously with 2 drivers named iaStorA.sys and iaStorF.sys. So they have to use a driver of the RST line instead, which contains just 1 driver named iaStor.sys.

The AHCI and RAID drivers of the "Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise Edition" (named RSTe), which have been developed especially for X79 chipsets, do not support Windows XP (32bit). That is why Intel added the 32bit RST driver v10.5.2.1010 to their official RSTe packages just to make it possible to get XP running with X79 chipsets too.

Regards

Fernando

Thanks Fernando for all your help,

Just to see what you meant, I downloaded and extracted the RSTe 3.1.0.1085 and didn't see the 10.5.2.1010 there ,I'm asking again just so I can see for myself where to get the driver. Also is the 3.1.0.1085 the server version ?

Just to see what you meant, I downloaded and extracted the RSTe 3.1.0.1085 and didn't see the 10.5.2.1010 there ,I'm asking again just so I can see for myself where to get the driver.
If you had extracted the package correctly, you should see a folder named "RST". Open the folder "RST" and then the subfolder named "drivers". The RST driver v10.5.2.1010 is within the subfolder "x32".
Also is the 3.1.0.1085 the server version ?
All Intel RSTe driverpacks are designed for Servers - as the X79 chipset mainboards. Edited by Fernando 1

Got it Fernando, Thanks so much again.

One last question. How did you discover this ? I'm sure there's alot more people like me who would love to able to run XP 32 bit AHCI on thier X79 Rigs. I'll spread the word on other forums that I visit.

Best Regards,

Bob