Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

Good day all

I have a compaq mini 311 netbook, using an external rom on its usb. I want to format the hard drive and install my own xp professional. With installing Xp when loading all the drivers etc, it gives me a blue screen "Stop 0x0000007b (0xf7b60524,0xc0000034 etc.) Ive tried nlite adding alot of extra drivers and scrapped 6 cds. It just keeps on giving me that error. The bios have minimal settings. Please help!!!!!

Edited by Bking1340

@ Bking1340:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

I have a compaq mini 311 netbook, using an external rom on its usb. I want to format the hard drive and install my own xp professional. With installing Xp when loading all the drivers etc, it gives me a blue screen "Stop 0x0000007b (0xf7b60524,0xc0000034 etc.) Ive tried nlite adding alot of extra drivers and scrapped 6 cds. It just keeps on giving me that error.
You should not integrate a lot of drivers, but just the "appropriate" one for your SATA Controller.

As far as I know the HP compac Mini 111c has an MCP79 chipset. If I am right regarding the chipset, you will need to integrate a NVIDIA nForce SATA driver and not an Intel SATA driver.

Please do a look into the start post of >this< thread. Since I suspect, that your netbook is running in AHCI and not in RAID mode, you should follow the procedure layed down within part B of my guide.

Good luck!

Fernando

OK, this is a two parter, but the first part might eliminate the need for part two.

I have an Intel DQ45CB with a single drive. Can I set it in RAID mode in order to take advatage of the Native command Queuing? I'm eventually making a sysprepped ghost image, so I'm hoping to be able to bring this down on a system with either a single drive or multiple drives in RAID mode.

With it set in RAID mode, I integrated the F6 drivers (STOR_all32_f6flpy32_8.9.0.1023_PV) from Intel's site via normal nlite methods. The DVD works fine in Virtualbox, but when I burn it and run it on the board, it asks me to "Please insert the disk labeled service pack 3" during the XP textmode setup.

Again, it works fine in virtualbox, so I am guessing it is driver related. The way the BIOS reads it doesn't indicate you need multiple drives for RAID mode. Any idea if your integration method help me out? Session.ini attached

LAST_SESSION.INI

@ sflesh:

Please have a look into the root of your nLited XP CD with integrated SP3.

There should be the following files:

WIN51

WIN51IP

WIN51IP.SP2

WIN51IP.SP3

Do you see them? If not, did you delete one of the files?

Additional remark:

It is never a good idea to put all these things you want to integrate onto the desktop.

Disadvantages:

a ) very long path (with too much letters)

b ) nLite may grab not wanted folders and files, which are on the desktop too.

EDIT: It is possible to create a RAID consisting of 1 single drive, but this doesn't make much sense.

If you want the features NCQ and HotPlugging, you should run your SATA hdd in AHCI Mode, but I do not know, if your Southbridge will support AHCI.

Edited by Fernando 1

@ sflesh:

WIN51

WIN51IP

WIN51IP.SP2

WIN51IP.SP3

I will double check this tomorrow back at work. I haven't deleted any of them. I did read up on this in several other posts and since it was working in the Virtual Box and the same sessions files and XP source files were used for my 865GLC, I didn't think this was the issue.

Additional remark:

It is never a good idea to put all these things you want to integrate onto the desktop.

Disadvantages:

a ) very long path (with too much letters)

b ) nLite may grab not wanted folders and files, which are on the desktop too.

EDIT: It is possible to create a RAID consisting of 1 single drive, but this doesn't make much sense.

If you want the features NCQ and HotPlugging, you should run your SATA hdd in AHCI Mode, but I do not know, if your Southbridge will support AHCI.

I usually know better than to put everything on the desktop. This was a semi-hurried project and everything worked on the 865GLC I did just before this OK.

As far as the RAID/AHCI, something in the BIOS description made it seem like RAID was the best option. It said something like RAID has all the AHCI features, so I was hoping to create an image that would be capable of single for now, or multiple drives, should we ever implement it. I think I may give AHCI a shot, although I'm not sure if I would even see a performance increase since XP doesn't natively support AHCI from what I read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA:

Windows device drivers that are labeled as SATA are usually running in IDE emulation mode unless they explicitly state that they are AHCI mode or in RAID mode. While the drivers included with Windows XP do not support AHCI, AHCI has been implemented by proprietary device drivers.[5] Windows Vista,[6] Windows 7, FreeBSD, Linux with kernel version 2.6.19 onward,[7] as well as Solaris and OpenSolaris have native support for AHCI.

I am such an id***! :blushing: I switched the BIOS to IDE mode and tried the install. I got a missing file error which I was able to skip and got to the reboot screen.

I then tried AHCI mode and got another missing file error. Now, here's the STUPID part. I pulled out the disk, blew off a couple of specks, and it worked in RAID mode! :thumbup Sometimes you get so much knowledge that you forget to check the simple stuff. You don't think a brand new, freshly burned DVD would have that issue.

FWIW, I don't have the .SP2 file:

@ sflesh:

WIN51

WIN51IP

WIN51IP.SP2

WIN51IP.SP3

And as far as my choice for RAID, the BIOS reads "AHCI provides advanced features including Native command Queuing and Hot-plug but requires drivers. RAID requires drivers and includes AHCI support" which is why I went with the RAID option. I think this theoretically should give me backwards compatibility for IDE and/or AHCI.

Thank you for your help. Feel free to delete any of my older posts.

Edited by sflesch

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fernando,

I've been trying to find ICH10M for my PM55 but so far.. nothing. All i can find is ICH10, ICH10D, ICH10R. Any ideas where I could find the right one ?

Thanks a lot

Edited by cpaqf1

I've been trying to find ICH10M for my PM55 but so far.. nothing. All i can find is ICH10, ICH10D, ICH10R. Any ideas where I could find the right one ?
An Intel® ICH10M Southbridge doesn't exist.

The Mobile Intel® PM55 Express chipset belongs to the Intel® 5-series chipset family (look >here<) and has nothing to do with the ICH chipset family.

The new Intel® 5-series chipsets are fully supported by the actual Intel® Rapid Storage Technology drivers v9.5.0.1037 and v9.5.6.1001. Just integrate the driver of your choice and enable all listed 5-series SATA AHCI Controllers, when you get the textmode driver popup window.

Good luck!

Fernando

• 3 weeks later...

I have repeatedly tried to integrate SATA HDD drivers into Winows XP Home Ed for use in a recent HP notebook (G60-530CA) running Windows 7 Premium Home without success. The first attempts were on a desktop running Windows XP Home and the later ones were on the G60-530CA, all of them using nLite. The last ones on the notebook were terminated at the "finalizing" stage, when this message appeared: "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". Upon clicking "Debugging" the program shut down. Again in the last two attempts via notebook I had used an XP Home SP3 installation CD and opted for "integrate drivers" and "create ISO" only. The finalizing stage was interrupted by this statement:"The specified path, file name are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters. Please report this error, if it is unexpected. (No indication of to whom to report - I have sent a pertinent e-mail to <dino.nuhagic@gmail.com> without receiving any response whatsoever). Write your message in English and attach it to `last session.ini` if possible".

Furthermore, I had tried to burn the installation CD copied to the notebook to a DVD via the HP Cyberlink program and was told that there were some files with too long namea and/or invalid characters.

I am uncertain what the possible problem may be, but by some accounts on the forum some people have had success with nLite.

Will you please offer some comment? Thank you Helmut JH

@ hmtjakob:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

Again in the last two attempts via notebook I had used an XP Home SP3 installation CD and opted for "integrate drivers" and "create ISO" only.
That was a good idea.
The finalizing stage was interrupted by this statement:"The specified path, file name are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters."
Where have you copied the content of the XP CD and where have you stored the drivers you had prepared for the integration?

You should never use the desktop or any other user folder for the storage of data, which will be handled by a tool like nLite.

Regards

Fernando

Hello, Fernando

Thank you for your reply and for the advice. I had stored all the data in a subfolder of "My Documents". I will try again storing the data straight on the

disk `C` Sincerely hmtjakob

Hello again, Fernando

For some background: This problem has vexed me ever since I purchased the HP G60-530CA notbook on 30 Oct.,2009.

To me Windows 7 is simply an abonimation and completely unacceptable.

I have created and formatted a new partition/volume and copied the XP installation disk,nLite, iaachi.inf and an empty folder "final CD" on a folder on this volume.

Attempting to integrate the driver and create an ISO image,the integrating process appeared most briefly and then the finalizing screen opened. Burning the image to a DVD seemed doing ok, but when running "set up" there was no further action.

I had checked on iaahci contents and did not notice any mention of my Intel chipset ich9M, although in earlier attempt a list of chipsets had come up and I was able to select ich9m. This time the insert screen only showed

Intel PNP and some version numbers.

Will you kindly provide some further guidance? Thank you hmtjakob

hmtjakob, are you using Frenando_1's modified drivers? Because their success rate is very high.

Make sure txtsetup.oem is in the same folder as the .sys, .inf and .cat files. Integrate the driver in TXT mode using the option Single driver and choose your OS version properly (x86 or x64). If you ARE using Fernando_1's drivers, then you don't have to do the last step. Try to have a separate folder for the driver with a simple name.

Thank you, SpOiLedBrAt for your additional advice.

I am not sure where to check for "txtsetup.oem" etc, although some of them appeared with the downloaded driver(s). I also have not been able to positively assert that my XP is the 32 bit verion.

I am convinced that in my last attempt nLite did not capture the driver file iaAHCI.inf, although I had used the same files that resulted in failure because of invalid characters or too long file names. Probably caused by finger trouble.

Will keep plugging on. hmtjakob