Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

@ all users of my guide (= first post of this thread):

Yesterday Intel has officially released new AHCI and RAID drivers v9.6.0.1014, which belong to the new "Intel® Rapid Storage Technology" (RST).

As a consequence I have updated my guide.

Changelog:

- new: Intel RST drivers v9.6.0.1014 WHQL dated 03/03/2010

- new: Intel RST package v9.6.0.1014 WHQL dated 03/19/2010

- new: modded Intel RST drivers v9.6.0.1014 (usable with nearly all ICH6-10 Southbridges)

- new: Intel chipset "drivers" (INF Update Utility") v9.1.1.1027 dated 02/26/2010

Have fun with the new drivers!

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

Can you slipstream both the stock and modded drivers at the same time?

Or will it cause a conflict?

I'm trying to create a VL XP SP3 disc that I can use to install on ICH7 *and* ICH9R motherboards.

Edited by krick

Can you slipstream both the stock and modded drivers at the same time?

Or will it cause a conflict?

I'm trying to create a VL XP SP3 disc that I can use to install on ICH7 *and* ICH9R motherboards.

It is not a good idea to integrate 2 different drivers of the same manufacturer.

Solution:

Just integrate the modded driver. It will support all mainboards with an Intel Southbridge from ICH6 up, if the SATA Controller has been set to AHCI or RAID mode.

Regards

Fernando

Is it possible to switch back and forth between AHCI mode and IDE mode on this install of XP /w AHCI drivers?

In other words, if I reboot, change my BIOS back to IDE mode, and boot into XP, will it BSOD or will it work fine? I'm afraid to try this, because I might crash windows in a way that requires a reinstall...

I can't speak for going from AHCI to IDE, but I went from IDE to AHCI using this method. It worked perfectly on the first try...

http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?topic=106575.0

Why, exactly, would you want to "switch back and forth"?

Hi,

I have an old Dell latitude C840, for witch the HDD is not detected when trying to install an original Windows XP SP 3 (the cursor stay pending on the black screen), the laptop integrate an Intel 845MP chipset witch have the 82801CAM ICH3-M Controller Hub, I wanna integrate this chipset's controller driver to load it in the textmode by nLite but I can't find the necessary files, is what I'm thinking about possible or not?, cause when I tried Windows Sweet 3 it does, but it very slow and some futures are absent, add to this I wanna make mine with programs and futures like I want, please can you help me?

Edited by ghaliloo

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really sorry but I'd get in trouble at work probably if I read all 44 pages of this thread...

Everything I saw so far is for an nlite made installation.

What about deployment of WIM images using windows PE? Everything worked fine, but when I booted to XP finally I got the intro screen for a second, then BSOD. I traced the problem to this particular situation. It is a Dell box with this Intel chipset I am deploying too.

Does anyone know a solution, or way to get XP to recognize the drive properly? If I just load the drivers into the image and edit the registry to point to the directory of the drivers will it work?

Thanks all.

I have an old Dell latitude C840, for witch the HDD is not detected when trying to install an original Windows XP SP 3 (the cursor stay pending on the black screen), the laptop integrate an Intel 845MP chipset witch have the 82801CAM ICH3-M Controller Hub, I wanna integrate this chipset's controller driver to load it in the textmode by nLite but I can't find the necessary files, is what I'm thinking about possible or not?, cause when I tried Windows Sweet 3 it does, but it very slow and some futures are absent, add to this I wanna make mine with programs and futures like I want, please can you help me?
Since I doubt, that your old Dell Latitude C840 with its Intel ICH3-M Southbridge has any on-board SATA Controller and a SATA AHCI or RAID Controller less than ever, your problem seems to be totally off topic.

You probably do not have to load (F6) or integrate any S-ATA or P-ATA textmode driver. Maybe your system just needs a Processor to AGP Controller driver or something else. You will find some approproiate drivers >here<.

I am sorry, but I am not able to help you.

I'm really sorry but I'd get in trouble at work probably if I read all 44 pages of this thread...
You should have read just my guide (=first post of this thread). There you get all needed up-to-date informations regarding the integration of Intel's AHCI and RAID drivers into a Windows XP CD by using nLite.
Everything I saw so far is for an nlite made installation.

What about deployment of WIM images using windows PE? Everything worked fine, but when I booted to XP finally I got the intro screen for a second, then BSOD. I traced the problem to this particular situation. It is a Dell box with this Intel chipset I am deploying too.

Does anyone know a solution, or way to get XP to recognize the drive properly? If I just load the drivers into the image and edit the registry to point to the directory of the drivers will it work?

As you already found out, this is the nLite and not the Windows PE Forum.

The driver integration into a WinPE image works totally different than the driver integration into a Windows XP CD. Furthermore you are not abe to use nLite, if you want to slipstream a WinPE CD.

Please post your problem within >this< or any other PE Builder Forum.

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

Thank you for the reply...

I only posted here because this seems to be the only reference to this Intel SATA driver issue I could find. I'm not using BartPE, I'm using Iceman's Windows PE deployment walk through. I'll check with him I guess.

I was trying to install windows XP SP3 with the latest Intel SATA drivers (9.6.0.1014), NVIDA, AMD AHCI, Jmicron, integrated in the installation ISO (done with nlite). During the installation however I 'm getting a bsod.

BAD_POOL_HEADER

***STOP: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0xF8471538, 0xF8471B50, 0xCCC35D5B)

*** acpi.sys - Address F8471538 base at F845B000, DateStamp 480252b1

*** acpi.sys - Address F8471B50 base at F845B000, DateStamp 480252b1

Although this eror appeared when I test with Virtual PC, I ignored this and burned a disc to test.

I am testing in the system: ASUS P5QL-PRO with ICH10.

If I set the SATA mode to AHCI, the disk would boot well without any errors.

But.... If I set the SATA mode to IDE, the Blue Screen appear with the same error.

My temporary solution: I tried to del old OS Source, running Nlite again, adding fewer driver but it still not working. Could you help me, Fernando? Please.

* I upload the file named "last session" that Nlite made. This file contains which types of drivers that I have intergated, could you see it and tell me if there is some mistakes?

LAST SESSION.INI

Edited by tona2005

It doesn't and won't work, not this way. You should only integrate one SATA driver with nLite, usually the one you need for you PC. If you want a CD with more than one SATA driver, use DriverPacks or look at the Device Drivers forum http://www.msfn.org/board/device-drivers-f88.html

Thank you for your reply :thumbup . But I often intergated drivers like that way (in the past, with the previous verson of Fernando's drivers) so I do not understand why this time it gets some errors. :( .

PS: Fernando said:

Tip:

If you are not sure, which of the listed Controllers are the suitable one(s) for your chipset, enable all of them (Windows Setup will find and install the correct driver).

:D. Edited by tona2005

True, but I'm pretty sure it means, for e.g. if you're not sure if it's Intel ICH8 or ICH9, but you have to be sure it's Intel, otherwise you get a 0x7B BSOD. Now, I really want to know how you manage to integrate several different SATA drivers with nLite and don't get any problems. One of the problems that should arise is that every set of SATA drivers has a specific txtsetup.oem file, which contains data pertinent to the specific driver. When integrating different drivers, my logic tells me that one txtsetup.oem file will overwrite the other.