Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

Yup I get the same / exact stop error - the acpi.sys crash (after adding the latest SATA drivers in Virtual PC too).
What do you expect from my side? I have neither developed nor touched the drivers themselves.

Furthermore all users should keep in their mind, that the chipset manufacturers like Intel and NVIDIA do develop drivers for really existing hardware and not for Virtual PC's.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Thanks for great guide, finally i got my laptop at least starting XP installation, the problem is it wont finish it.

I'm using HP Pavilion dv6810en, and as i found out it uses ICH8M controller. By updating the installation with drivers i got the installation started from a usb drive. It copies the files but after reboot theres a black screen with text "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the windows documentation blabllabla."

Can this be solved? My BIOS does not have ANY configuration options except boot priorities.

I don't know if installation from a cd would go fine because the dvd drive isn't working for some reason i don't know, and because of this i couldnt even make Vista backup dvds. So now i'm with no choice but getting XP running. One thing i thought of is mby problem is that there are 4Gigs of RAM installed, but if i get it right the problem is with the hard drive?

[edit]now i tried to install it with one of RAM sticks removed and i get BSOD just before it should start copying files

Edited by matains

@ matains:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

I'm using HP Pavilion dv6810en, and as i found out it uses ICH8M controller. By updating the installation with drivers i got the installation started from a usb drive. It copies the files but after reboot theres a black screen with text "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the windows documentation blabllabla."
Try to remove the USB stick while Windows XP Setup is rebooting the first time.
My BIOS does not have ANY configuration options except boot priorities.
Which settings have you done?
now i tried to install it with one of RAM sticks removed and i get BSOD just before it should start copying files
Which Intel textmode driver did you integrate and which Controllers did you enable whiduring the integrating procedure?

Regards

Fernando

Try to remove the USB stick while Windows XP Setup is rebooting the first time.

No changes, it takes me to the same error message

Which settings have you done?

Sorry, too bad english, i don't understand what do you mean.

Which Intel textmode driver did you integrate and which Controllers did you enable whiduring the integrating procedure?

I took 32bit driver from your first post marked as a) and as it was told in another guide i enabled all of controllers because i didn't know which of them i needed.

what is interesting - all of described i did with SP3. Now i tried SP2 doing everything the same and it doesn't recognize the hard drive again. I read that its even suggested to try SP2 first.

solved the problem wasn't driver related. I just didnt get the pre-installation menus right, i don't think i get them now, but at least XP is installing

[edit] actually problem isn't solved because i can start my laptop only with installation flash drive plugged in :lol:

but as i think this problem is off this topic so thanks for your help :thumbup

Edited by matains

actually problem isn't solved because i can start my laptop only with installation flash drive plugged in :lol:
You obviously got the boot sector with the Master Boot Record (MBR) installed onto the wrong storage device.

Solution:

1. Enter the BIOS and check the boot options. The CD/DVD drive should be the first bootable device, but the second should be your SATA hdd, where you got Windows XP installed.

2. Remove all USB sticks and extern hdd's, if you should have connected any of them.

3. Boot off the original Windows XP CD and choose the "Repair" option. Your currently XP installation will not be touched, only the MBR will be freshly created onto the correct place.

Regards

Fernando

• 1 month later...

I need some help I am trying to f6 to install a harddrive that is showing up as unknown. I was going to try nlite but the links on the page you supplied dont work. What is the simplest way for me to get this harddisk controller installed for this SATA drive? WinXp Operating system on a lennovo S10 ideapad, on a 120gig harddrive.

I need some help I am trying to f6 to install a harddrive that is showing up as unknown. I was going to try nlite but the links on the page you supplied dont work. What is the simplest way for me to get this harddisk controller installed for this SATA drive? WinXp Operating system on a lennovo S10 ideapad, on a 120gig harddrive.

@ ezudna:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

I need some help I am trying to f6 to install a harddrive that is showing up as unknown.
This only happens, if the SATA Controller mode has been set to "AHCI" within the BIOS.
I was going to try nlite but the links on the page you supplied dont work.
Which link doesn't work?
What is the simplest way for me to get this harddisk controller installed for this SATA drive? WinXp Operating system on a lennovo S10 ideapad, on a 120gig harddrive.
The simpliest way is to enter the BIOS and to set the SATA Controlles to "IDE" mode. Then you will not need to load/integrate any SATA driver.

If you want to use the AHCI features, you should integrate the Intel AHCI driver into the XP CD as layed down within the start post of this thread.

For more informations you may go >here<.

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

Hi Fernando,

It is the second time that i have problems with drivers sata for win. xp.

My Pc dont identify the hd.

I did all that you writed on top.

During the OS installation using a nlight cd, drivers ICH7 64 bits inside, the system show a error with this messange: iaStor.sys corrupted.

I lost six cds trying and it isnt work.

I tried put all drivers 64 bits and the problems is same...

My motherboard is: GB g31mes2c

HD: sansung hd502hi

System: windows xp professional 64bits

Please, help me.

Ronan

@ r0nan:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

The error message you got indicates, that you have integrated a wrong Intel textmode driver arcitecture (32/64bit).

If you want to get XP x64 installed, you have to integrate the 64bit version of the Intel textmode driver.

Please check, if you really have used Windows XP x64 as source (the 64bit OS CD contains an AMD64 folder).

Regards

Fernando

hey Fernando, is there an intel version of nforcershq.com forums? or something similar with modded drivers made by 3rd parties? namely you :) i loved yer nforce drivers when i was on an nforce system, im now workin with an intel system and would love something similar to your nforce modded drivers but for intel chipsets :)

thanks bud

hey Fernando, is there an intel version of nforcershq.com forums? or something similar with modded drivers made by 3rd parties? namely you :)

You have found them.

It's this thread. Read first post.

• 4 weeks later...
can we add drivers for 32bit n 64 bit in one cd?
You may be able to add them, but it wouldn't work.

You should never try to integrate a 64bit driver into a 32bit OS and vice versa a 32bit driver into a 64bit OS. Otherwise you will run into problems while trying to install the OS.

Furthermore the 32/64bit driver named IASTOR.SYS would be overwritten during the integration procedure, because both driver versions have the same name.

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1