Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1530 replies to this topic

pabloXV

pabloXV
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 05-September 11

@ pabloXV:
Welcome at MSFN Forums!

Please give me some additional informations:
1. Which driver (version and architecture) did you integrate?
2. Which Intel AHCI Controller did you select while integrating the driver?
3. Did you really get a BSOD, when you tried to boot off the original XP x64 CD after having set the SATA Controllers to "IDE" mode? If yes, you should check your memory sticks.

Greetings from Germany to Argentina
Fernando

Thank you Fernando so much for your reply!!!! :)

I used this:

64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v10.6.0.1002 WHQL to integrate with WIN XP x64 (from your link)

then i selected:

Intel® Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller (this as text driver like you said)

I also integrated the PnP driver: Intel chipset device INF files set v9.2.0.1030 WHQL for XP integration

I think my memory sticks are ok because i can boot an evaluation copy of WIN 7 x32, but when i try to do it with a 64 bit OS i get the BsoD.

Is there any information i can give you from the WIN 7 x32 i can boot from that might be of help?
When i boot from WIN 7 x32 i can see the hard drive info, controillers, drivers etc.
May be with that info you can help me modify the TXTSETUP.OEM file?

Thank you so much!!!
You are my last hope!!!

Cheers!!!! :thumbup

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Fernando 1

Fernando 1

Easy RAIDer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • Joined 03-June 05

Is there any information i can give you from the WIN 7 x32 i can boot from that might be of help?

Yes, please have a look into the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and - if applicable - the "Storage Controllers" sections of the Device Manager.
Which Controllers do you see there? Please post just the names.
Another question you didn't yet answer to: Did you really get a BSOD, when you tried to boot off the original XP x64 CD after having set the SATA Controllers to "IDE" mode?

Edited by Fernando 1, 07 September 2011 - 02:34 AM.

My current system:
ASUS P8Z68-V | Intel Core i5 2500K | 2x4 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 | 2x128GB Crucial M4 SSD as RAID0 in SATA3 mode | Seasonic M12II-520 Modular 520W | ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB GDDR5
My old system:
DFI nF4 Ultra-D (BIOS: 2006/04/06) | AMD Athlon64 4000+ San Diego | 2x512 MB OCZ PC3200 CL2 Rev.2 Platinum | 2x200 GB Samsung S-ATA II as Raid0 | beQuiet!Titan BQT P5-470W-S1.3 | MSI GeForce NX6600GT-TD128E

Cry17

Cry17

• 10 posts
  • Joined 09-June 09
I got a fujitsu amilo 1505 pi laptop and when I try to add this driver http://downloadcente...ls and Examples to the win xp cd the nLite gives this error:
Cablib compress ERROR : Could not flush cabinet : Could not create a temporary file
Error 13: Invalid data

And while copying files during windows installation it says it can't copy iaahci.inf, and I get a blue screen at the end of the installation. I realy would appreciate any help given.

Fernando 1

Fernando 1

Easy RAIDer

• 2,021 posts
  • Joined 03-June 05

I got a fujitsu amilo 1505 pi laptop and when I try to add this driver http://downloadcente...ls and Examples to the win xp cd the nLite gives this error:
Cablib compress ERROR : Could not flush cabinet : Could not create a temporary file
Error 13: Invalid data

Why didn't you use one of the drivers I have linked within my guide (= start post of this thread)?
You have to unzip the downloaded driverpack before you present it for driver integration purpose.

And while copying files during windows installation it says it can't copy iaahci.inf, and I get a blue screen at the end of the installation.

Possible reasons:
1. usage of an already processed XP CD as source or loading of a previously created Last_Session.ini at the begin of the nLite processing
2. hitting F6 while booting of a Windows XP CD with integrated SATA AHCI/RAID driver
My current system:
ASUS P8Z68-V | Intel Core i5 2500K | 2x4 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 | 2x128GB Crucial M4 SSD as RAID0 in SATA3 mode | Seasonic M12II-520 Modular 520W | ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB GDDR5
My old system:
DFI nF4 Ultra-D (BIOS: 2006/04/06) | AMD Athlon64 4000+ San Diego | 2x512 MB OCZ PC3200 CL2 Rev.2 Platinum | 2x200 GB Samsung S-ATA II as Raid0 | beQuiet!Titan BQT P5-470W-S1.3 | MSI GeForce NX6600GT-TD128E

Cry17

Cry17

• 10 posts
  • Joined 09-June 09
Ok I used the ones from your post and I got 8 errors like the one I mentioned above.
As for the part with the can't copy file, the only possible part from what you said could be the first half of your 1. , but I have been using this Win XP cd for years and it should be a clean copy.
I will try one more time and see if anything changed.

EDIT

Ok, with the cd made from the drivers on the first page, I got tons of errors when copying files, but I just switched the unmodified cd with the modified one and got past all of them without skipping any file. I'm hoping everything will work ok until the end

EDIT 2

Woot, it works. Thanks for your help. Love this site, helped me solve lots of problems.

Edited by Cry17, 07 September 2011 - 09:06 AM.

Fernando 1

Fernando 1

Easy RAIDer

• 2,021 posts
  • Joined 03-June 05

Ok, with the cd made from the drivers on the first page, I got tons of errors when copying files

This indicates either a bad blank CD or a bad burning (too high speed?).

EDIT: Fine, that you succeeded at least.

Regards
Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1, 07 September 2011 - 09:09 AM.

My current system:
My old system:

pabloXV

pabloXV
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 05-September 11

Yes, please have a look into the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and - if applicable - the "Storage Controllers" sections of the Device Manager.
Which Controllers do you see there? Please post just the names.
Another question you didn't yet answer to: Did you really get a BSOD, when you tried to boot off the original XP x64 CD after having set the SATA Controllers to "IDE" mode?

Yes i got a BSOD :( with the XP x64 CD set to IDE mode in BIOS.

The IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS in my WIN 7 x32 says:
ATA Channel 0
ATA Channel 0
ATA Channel 1
ATA Channel 1
Intel® 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 1C08
Intel® 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 1C00

Storage Controllers : IDE\DiskWDC_WD1502FAEX-007BA0___________________05.01D05

I hope that helps....

Thank you so much again for taking the time to help everybody here!!! :)

Pablo

Fernando 1

Fernando 1

Easy RAIDer

• 2,021 posts
  • Joined 03-June 05
Hello Pablo,

thanks for the details of your Win7 Device Manager.
The "IDE ATA/ATAPA Controllers" section entries verify, that your computer is currently running in IDE and not in AHCI mode. Your actual SATA Controller setting is not a good idea, because you will get far better performance, if you would run your hdd in AHCI mode.
The entry of your WD hdd within the "Storage Controllers" section seems to be wrong (should be within the "Drives" section). Please check, if you really see a "Storage Controllers" section, when you open the Win7 Device Manager.

According to your present BIOS settings it should be no problem to get Windows XP x64 SP2 installed by booting off the original XP x64 CD, because the SATA Controllers running in IDE mode do not need any third party SATA driver.
Please enter the BIOS and check the settings within the "Integrated Peripherals":
  • "eXtreme Hard Drive (XHD) > should always be "Disabled"
  • "PCH SATA Control Mode" > will currently be "IDE", has to be set to "AHCI", if you want the AHCI features
  • "SATA Port0-3 Native Mode" > should be "Disabled", if you want to run all SATA Controllers in clean IDE (LEGACY) mode, but has to be set to "Enabled", if you want the AHCI features.
Before you are going to change the "PCH SATA Control Mode" setting to "AHCI", you should read and possibly print >this< Microsoft web site. Otherwise you may not be able to boot into Windows 7 anymore.

Regards
Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1, 08 September 2011 - 01:49 AM.

My current system:
My old system:

rogerbar

rogerbar
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 16-September 11
I have a new Toshiba model C655D-S5007, 64bit, AMD processor. Windows 7 installed.
I want to dual boot Windows XP Pro. Will the Intel drivers work with the AMD processor or do I need to take a different tack?

Also, is it possible to slipstream the missing drivers into SP3 files?

Thank you for any help you may provide.

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

The Resurrector for old Windows OS

• 2,532 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05
You need the AMD drivers

Believe God is the Alpha and Omega.
Believe Jesus Christ died for our sins.
Repent for your sins now or there will be
BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

rogerbar

rogerbar
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 16-September 11
Thank you for your reply. I will try to find the AMD drivers.

Hyram

Hyram
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 17-September 11
Your guide, Fernando1, matches what I do, just with a lot more detail, and is your usual excellent reference material. I've learned quite a bit from you over the years stumbling across your guides, so many many thanks :)

Adding the MSM drivers to an XP SP3 installer definitely isn't a problem, I've been using nLite for a long time -- I was my community's go-to man for upgrading brand new laptops from Vista to XP and built many a customised XP disc for the new owners with AHCI support and all the XP drivers for their otherwise-not-supported machines.

My question this time relates to hot-plug eSATA with the ICH chips and XP, specifically the ICH10R in my latest upgrade, a Core 2 Quad living in a GA-EP45-UD3R. How the bleedin' 'eck can it be enabled?!

I have no problems getting "hotswap" capability on the EP45 with Windows 7 -- I've even learned how to designate which of the ICH10R's ports can be hotswap and which ones are not. Once set up and all but a pair of ports set to "TreatAsInternalPort" (via a small bit of manual registry tweaking I learned) it works and works well. Drives in my external cradles connected to the hotswap-capable ports appear under "Safely remove device" and spin down for ejection, and a fresh drive will be mounted when I pop it in. The only problem is that I can't use Windows 7 for my main computing task (music production) because of the way the Win7 WASAPI layer plays havoc with multiple audio channels that require perfect precision and extremely low latency -- for music, I still use XP Professional SP3 32-bit.

Now, for the life of me, I can not get any ICH10R SATA port to be hot-pluggable under XP! I have read and read til my eyes go square, I have made dozens of variations of an AHCI-bearing XP installer, I've tried manual driver shifts, many different versions of the Intel software, but nothing has ever worked.

If you can shed any light on this peculiarity, and let me enjoy eSATA as it was intended, I wll be eternally grateful!

Guest_SwissReplicaWatches_*

Guest_SwissReplicaWatches_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --
Thank-you in advance,

Fernando 1

Fernando 1

Easy RAIDer

• 2,021 posts
  • Joined 03-June 05
@ Hyram:
Welcome at MSFN Forums!

Usually you should be able to use the hot plugging feature with all drives (except the system drive), if you have set the related SATA port to AHCI mode.
Please check your mainboard manual and the BIOS settings regarding the eSATA port. Maybe it needs another AHCI drive.

By the way: Your question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Regards
Fenando
My current system:
My old system:

pabloXV

pabloXV
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 05-September 11

Hello Pablo,

thanks for the details of your Win7 Device Manager.
The "IDE ATA/ATAPA Controllers" section entries verify, that your computer is currently running in IDE and not in AHCI mode. Your actual SATA Controller setting is not a good idea, because you will get far better performance, if you would run your hdd in AHCI mode.
The entry of your WD hdd within the "Storage Controllers" section seems to be wrong (should be within the "Drives" section). Please check, if you really see a "Storage Controllers" section, when you open the Win7 Device Manager.

According to your present BIOS settings it should be no problem to get Windows XP x64 SP2 installed by booting off the original XP x64 CD, because the SATA Controllers running in IDE mode do not need any third party SATA driver.
Please enter the BIOS and check the settings within the "Integrated Peripherals":

• "eXtreme Hard Drive (XHD) > should always be "Disabled"
  • "PCH SATA Control Mode" > will currently be "IDE", has to be set to "AHCI", if you want the AHCI features
  • "SATA Port0-3 Native Mode" > should be "Disabled", if you want to run all SATA Controllers in clean IDE (LEGACY) mode, but has to be set to "Enabled", if you want the AHCI features.
Before you are going to change the "PCH SATA Control Mode" setting to "AHCI", you should read and possibly print >this< Microsoft web site. Otherwise you may not be able to boot into Windows 7 anymore.

Regards
Fernando

Hello Fernando!!!!
Sorry for the delay in my response....

I was able to install WIN XP x64 in IDE mode, now i will try to run the AHCI mode so i will cross my fingers.
I will let you know about the result!
Thank you again for all your help!!!!!!! :)

dstk

dstk

• 25 posts
  • Joined 03-September 07
Intel SATA Raid All In One Chip F6 Driver for Windows XP and Windows 7 ?...

Fernando 1

Fernando 1

Easy RAIDer

• 2,021 posts
  • Joined 03-June 05

Intel SATA Raid All In One Chip F6 Driver for Windows XP and Windows 7 ?...

Although I do not really know, what you mean, I will try to answer:
All Intel AHCI/RAID driver packs, which are linked within the start post of this thread, can be used with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Regards
Fernando
My current system:
My old system:

ericore

ericore

• 11 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
@Fernando 1

First of all, respect; thanks for undertaking this project.
I have given your work, the greatest benefit of the doubt, but in each instance I get BSOD.
One my goals is to get XP to install in Virtualbox under Vista compatibility; all my own efforts to creating a working solution, as well as your guide give the same result; XP detects hard drive, copies files. Upon restart as XP sets up Drivers I get BSOD. To give you the greatest benefit of the doubt, I have used a technet volume edition of Windows XP SP3 Pro, and only integrated your drivers, did Not remove any components, only removed ram/hdd requirements, and changed setup to classic look which correspondingly installs faster. I get the same result. Without those drivers, XP is fine. Now as I do get BSOD on first installation attempt, if I reset the virtual machine and setup restarts, it gets by without BSOD. But I cannot accept this for my own ISO.

At this point, I'm thinking of removing all sata drivers all together or only the Intel ones as they are clearly all crap. I am quite annoyed that F6 drivers, get BSOD. But as I try to make XP more advanced, it would be a major step backwards not to include them. Note, I select only AHCI, never raid. The reason being is that I have noticed if raid is also selected it screws xp up such that the drivers won't load properly and no corresponding HD detection during setup.
Unfortunately, XP doesn't do a dump so that I could troubleshoot this further; it merely "begins" to dump cough cough, ffin XP.
I can send you a link to my copy of XP if need-be.

Virtualbox 4.1.4
All default settings under Vista Mode.

Attached Files

• Attached File  bsod.jpg   399.84KB   11 downloads

Fernando 1

Fernando 1

Easy RAIDer

• 2,021 posts
  • Joined 03-June 05
@ ericore:
I am not sure at all, that the BSOD you got is driver related. You may do a look into >this< page.

Before I can try to help you, I need some additional informations:
  • Which mainboard (manufacturer and model name) has your pc system?
  • Which Intel driver (exact name) did you integrate into the XP image?
  • Which Intel SATA AHCI Controller did you check, when you got the TEXTMODE driver popup window while letting nLite integrate the driver?
  • Are you sure, that you are using an Intel SATA Controller, which has been set to "AHCI mode" within the BIOS?
    Please have a look into the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section of your Vista Device Manager. Is there any Intel SATA AHCI Controller listed? If yes, what is the name of the Controller?
  • How much RAM has your computer?
Regards
Fernando
My current system:
My old system:

GrofLuigi

GrofLuigi

GroupPolicy Tattoo Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Joined 21-April 05
@ericore

I think that is purely a VirtualBox problem. I remember that VirtualBox wanted one particular version (much older) of Intel's drivers during install time (later it can be updated). I'm looking for the topic in the Vbox forum, but can't seem to find it now. Maybe it's this? But I'm sure there were others.

Another thing (if I got it right), don't set your virtual machine to Vista mode, create your virtual machine having in mind the Guest OS - in this case, XP.

GL

ericore

ericore

• 11 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Solved.

Not a VirtualBox bug.
Intel Drivers are good.
"iaAHCI.inf" and "TXTSETUP.OEM" must be patched.
Fernando's patch, however, does not work for VirtualBox ICH8 Sata Controller.
A patch that does is available here
For comparison, and your own interest, you can look at Intel's original version here
VirtualBox does not ship with alternate sata controllers, and my laptop does not ship with sata period. Further testing not possible.
Vmware Player only has IDE and Scsi, no sata support.

Edited by ericore, 17 October 2011 - 03:03 PM.

Fernando 1

Fernando 1

Easy RAIDer

• 2,021 posts
  • Joined 03-June 05
@ encore::

Thanks for your statement regarding the possible origin of the BSOD's you got and thanks for the link to the patched and the original old Intel MSM AHCI/RAID driver v7.0.0.1020 dated 02/12/2007..
Nevertheless I am missing the answers to my questions.

By the way:

"iaAHCI.inf" and "TXTSETUP.OEM" must be patched.
Fernando's patch, however, does not work for VirtualBox ICH8 Sata Controller.

It is not my "patch", which doesn't work with VirtualBox systems, it is the behaviour of Intel's actual AHCI/RAID drivers (= SYS files), which belong to the "Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (IRST)" series. This new AHCI/RAID driver generation is very sensitive regarding the hardware environment.
Users, who want to install Windows XP by using the VirtualBox, should integrate an Intel AHCI/RAID driver of the meanwhile outdated "Intel® Matrix Storage Manager (IMSM)" generation.
The latest available Intel MSM driver is v8.9.8.1005 dated 04/05/2010. You can find the "modded" 32/64bit versions of this driver within the start post of >this< thread (Chapter II, second driver set). I am pretty sure, that they will work with your system using the VirtualBox.

Regards
Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1, 17 October 2011 - 05:23 PM.

My current system:
My old system:

ericore

ericore

• 11 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
A reminder to new readers that this concerns installing XP in VirtualBox under Vista Compatibility Mode which uses Sata controller unlike XP mode which uses IDE controller.

1. Those Drivers you link to, Intel Storage Matrix Manager (SMS), 8.9.8.1005, lead to BSOD within VirtualBox.
2. Based on my analysis, your patch files are flawless; however only versions of SMS between 7.8.0.1012 and 7.0.0.1020 and possibly older will work with VirtualBox which uses ICH8M-E /M SATA AHCI Controller.
I tested these (IaStor.sys), with your patch files from (SMS), 8.9.8.1005; no bsod.
Attempts to include IaStor.sys from SMS 8 or above failed.
3. That being said, either newer versions of SMS i.e., version 8 and above are not compatible with nlite or not compatible with VirtualBox; hopefully the latter.

Which leads to the following question, have you tested your unofficial linked driver (SMS 8.9.8.1005) with ICH9 and or ICH10?
Important*, the question assumes you used Nlite to integrate.

You should make adjustments to guides since your drivers fails within VirtualBox.

I have repackaged, your patched files with 7.8.0.1012 drivers for VirtualBox.
The remaining devices which were not supported in 7.8.0.1012 can be found in my modded version of 8.9.8.1005.

http://uploading.com...+by+Ericore.7z/

http://uploading.com...+by+Ericore.7z/

Edited by ericore, 22 October 2011 - 05:09 PM.

Fernando 1

Fernando 1

Easy RAIDer

• 2,021 posts
  • Joined 03-June 05
@ ericore:
Thank you for taking the time testing some different Intel AHCI driver versions with your VirtualBox ICH8M system running in "Vista Compatibility Mode" and creating/uploading the 32bit XP driverpacks, which have been customized by yourself.

Here is my comment:

A reminder to new readers that this concerns installing XP in VirtualBox under Vista Compatibility Mode which uses Sata controller unlike XP mode which uses IDE controller.

This is an important message.
AFAIK the 32/64bit Intel MSM drivers v8.9.8.1005 WHQL, which I have linked within the start post of this thread, are running fine with all Intel ICH8R and ICH8M SATA AHCI Controllers unless they are used from scratch in a VirtualBox running in "Vista Compatibility Mode".

1. Those Drivers you link to, Intel Storage Matrix Manager (SMS), 8.9.8.1005, lead to BSOD within VirtualBox.

This seems only valid for the XP installation within a VirtualBox running in "Vista Compatibilty Mode".

2. Based on my analysis, your patch files are flawless; however only versions of SMS between 7.8.0.1012 and 7.0.0.1020 and possibly older will work with VirtualBox which uses ICH8M-E /M SATA AHCI Controller.
I tested these (IaStor.sys), with your patch files from (SMS), 8.9.8.1005; no bsod.
Attempts to include IaStor.sys from SMS 8 or above failed.

It is not a good idea to simply mix different iaStor.sys file versions with iaAHCI.inf and txtsetup.oem files, which were created and designed for another Intel driver version.
Even if the driver mix will work (no BSOD while restarting), you will get wrong informations regarding the in-use driver version, if you open the Device Manager (right click onto the AHCI Controller > "Properties" > "Drivers").
Please remember: The real driver is the iaStor.sys file, all other files of the Intel MSM or RST driverpacks are just text files, which will give the needed informations about how to get the driver (=SYS file) installed and integrated into the OS. TheDevice Manager just shows the driver details (date and version), which is layed down within the iaAHCI.inf file and not the real (=iaStor.sys) driver details (shown by doing a right click onto the iaStor.sys file > "Properties" > "Details").
Tip: If you want to mix SYS and INF files of different driverpacks, you should customize the driver details (date and version) within the INF files.

3. That being said, either newer versions of SMS i.e., version 8 and above are not compatible with nlite or not compatible with VirtualBox; hopefully the latter.

I think, it's the latter and only if being used in "Vista Compatibilty Mode".

Which leads to the following question, have you tested your unofficial linked driver (SMS 8.9.8.1005) with ICH9 and or ICH10?
Important*, the question assumes you used Nlite to integrate.

Since I neither have an Intel ICH9 or ICH10 system nor using the VirtualBox, I am not able to test it, but a lot of AHCI users with an Intel ICH8, ICH9 and ICH10 Southbridge (without any letter after the "ICH8/9/10") reported, that they succeeded with the installation of Windows XP after having integrated the actual Intel MSM/RST drivers of the v8.x, v9.x and v10.x series, where I had added the missing HardwareID' entries within the iaAHCI.inf and txtsetup.oem files.What I do not definitively know is, if the XP installation worked in a VirtualBox with different "Compatibilty Modes" too.

You should make adjustments to guides since your drivers fails within VirtualBox.

Thanks for your advice. I will add a notice regarding this point.
The start post of this thread with the guide about how to integrate the Intel AHCI and RAID driver into a Windows XP CD by using nLite has been written the firtst time in Noveber 2007 and was never intended for users, who want to get Windows XP installed just in a virtual environment.

I have repackaged, your patched files with 7.8.0.1012 drivers for VirtualBox.

Maybe I will add freshly modded 32/64bit Intel MSM drivers v7.8.0.1012 within the start post of this thread for VirtualBox users like you.
Here are the download links:
>32bit Intel MSM AHCI & RAID driver v7.8.0.1012 mod by Fernando<
>64bit Intel MSM AHCI & RAID driver v7.8.0.1012 mod by Fernando<
Maybe you ore someone else can test one of these drivers and report here about the result.
Additional notice:
According to my knowledge all actual Intel RST drivers work in the VirtualBox too, the only problem is to get them installed from scratch. That is why affected users may have to integrate one of these old and outdated MSM drivers of the v7.x.x.xxxx series.
Once XP is up, it should be possible to update the Intel AHCI/RAID driver to an actual RST driver version.

The remaining devices which were not supported in 7.8.0.1012 can be found in my modded version of 8.9.8.1005.

That is the critical point: Until now we do not really know, if the old and outdated Intel MSM drivers of the v7.x series will support the actual Intel chipsets (with an ICH10, 5-Series or 6-Series Southbridge).

By the way: The old and meanwhile outdated Intel AHCI/RAID driver technology is named "Intel® Matrix Storage Management" (= MSM and not SMS).

Thanks again for your efforts clearing up these special VirtualBox problems!

Regards
Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1, 23 October 2011 - 06:14 AM.

My current system:
My old system:

VinzNL

VinzNL
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 09-November 11

Maybe I will add freshly modded 32/64bit Intel MSM drivers v7.8.0.1012 within the start post of this thread for VirtualBox users like you.
Here are the download links:
>32bit Intel MSM AHCI & RAID driver v7.8.0.1012 mod by Fernando<
>64bit Intel MSM AHCI & RAID driver v7.8.0.1012 mod by Fernando<
Maybe you ore someone else can test one of these drivers and report here about the result.

Registered to say that these work like a charm here. Installed a slipstreamed XP with SP3 and these drivers in a 32-bit VirtualBox with a SATA harddisk without any problems. Thanks everyone involved in making these!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users