Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1533 replies to this topic

samson1701

samson1701
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 07-June 14

I've tried following your directions using nLite, but I could not even get that to work for me. I've copied my XP install disk to a new folder. I point nLite to that folder but it doesn't "see" anything in the folder. It just tells me, "[/size]'Make sure that the selected folder or drive contains the 'i386' or 'AMD64' directory and proper Windows installation files. nLite is for a pre-install environment only, meaning that it connot modify an exisitng Windows installation. An easy way is to insert your Windows installation CD and select your CD drive. Never copy the files directly to a partition root, create an empty folder first..' I'm using my XP Pro install disk. I know it works because I was able to use it on Virtual Box plus I've used it on a few of my machines over the last 4 years.. What could I be doing wrong?

Have you actually copied the WHOLE directry structures from CD (or .iso) to the folder on hard disk?
Like:
copy_cd_hdd.gif

jaclaz

Hi,

Yes, I did. However, my install CD is a 9 in 1. Would that be the reason it isn't working?

Edited by samson1701, 08 June 2014 - 11:43 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 15,209 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

Yes, I did. However, my install CD is a 9 in 1. Would that be the reason it isn't working?

Sure it is.

Tools (and support for them) are about ORIGINAL CD/ISO's, not for *some WAREZ* that you got *somehow* :no:

In the remote case that you will start whining :w00t: about the fact that I cannot possibly know if you handcarved yourself the 9-in-1 yourself instead of dowloading a WAREZ, I know because if you had done that, you would also have the original.

And yes :yes: , the "the dog ate my original CD, and I only have this 9-in-1 left" has already been heard before.  :whistle:

Seriously, now, get an original CD (which will work at first try) or find some other place to get assistance/support, here it is expressly forbidden, see #1.a:

http://www.msfn.org/...tion=boardrules

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz, 08 June 2014 - 12:20 PM.

samson1701

samson1701
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 07-June 14

Sure it is.

Tools (and support for them) are about ORIGINAL CD/ISO's, not for *some WAREZ* that you got *somehow* :no:

In the remote case that you will start whining :w00t: about the fact that I cannot possibly know if you handcarved yourself the 9-in-1 yourself instead of dowloading a WAREZ, I know because if you had done that, you would also have the original.

And yes :yes: , the "the dog ate my original CD, and I only have this 9-in-1 left" has already been heard before. :whistle:

Seriously, now, get an original CD (which will work at first try) or find some other place to get assistance/support, here it is expressly forbidden, see #1.a:
http://www.msfn.org/...tion=boardrules

jaclaz
Whoa ... I did not WAREZ anything. I bought this CD legitimately from a local PC builder who used to fix my old Dell. My product key for the install is legitimate. As a content creator myself, I do not use WAREZed software. I bought my install CD honestly and in good faith. I was assured that what I was buying was a legal install copy of the OS and I've never had any reason to question that assertion. The product key registers with Microsoft without any issues. I bought it to upgrade from XP Media Center to Pro. It's never given me an ounce of trouble in all of the times I've had to do re-installs over the years. I've received my automatic updates from Microsoft without issue. I have no reason to doubt that the copy of Windows XP Pro that I use is genuine.

You should not accuse someone of being dishonest without at least asking a few questions about where or how that person obtained the OS/software/content in question.

Edited by samson1701, 08 June 2014 - 02:17 PM.

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 15,209 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

Good :), so you are in good faith (which is good :yes:) and you were tricked into buying a 9-in-1 by your local PC dealer :(. (this still accounts for the "that you got *somehow*")

Rest assured that MS (nor DELL) produce or sell 9-in-1's, and the original CD's are "printed" (not "burned") and have usually a hologram.

There are also around "fakes" that attempt to replicate the "look and feel" of the original :ph34r:, see as an example:

http://homepage.ntlw...ame1Source1.htm

But a "fake" 9-in-1? :w00t:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz, 09 June 2014 - 02:44 AM.

bphlpt

bphlpt

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • Joined 12-May 07

And just because "My product key for the install is legitimate. ... The product key registers with Microsoft without any issues.", does not mean the CD you are using is genuine. Unfortunately for you, we here at MSFN, can not help you with your problem unless your install source and key are both genuine.

Cheers and Regards

Posted Image

Fernando 1

Fernando 1

Easy RAIDer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts
  • Joined 03-June 05
@ samson1701:

Provided, that you have a legal MS licence and a genuine CD key for Windows XP, here are some additional informations:

If you want to get Windows XP installed onto your Intel 8-Series Chipset system running in AHCI mode, you will run into the following Intel AHCI driver problem:
  • None of the recently released Intel AHCI drivers are usable for a Windows XP installation (Reason: The absolutely needed file named TXTSETUP.OEM is missing).
  • The much older Intel AHCI drivers (latest: Intel RST v11.2.0.1006) do contain the needed TXTSETUP.OEM file, but natively do not support your Intel® 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (Reason: The HardwareIDs of the newest Intel SATA AHCI Controllers are missing within the related INF file).
Consequence for you: The only chance to get Windows XP installed onto your Intel® 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller is to load (F6) or integrate a modded Intel RST driver, where the missing HardwareIDs have been added. You can find such driver within the start post of >this< thread.

Edited by Fernando 1, 09 June 2014 - 05:41 AM.

My current system:
ASUS P8Z68-V | Intel Core i5 2500K | 2x4 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 | 2x128GB Crucial M4 SSD as RAID0 in SATA3 mode | Seasonic M12II-520 Modular 520W | ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB GDDR5
My old system:
DFI nF4 Ultra-D (BIOS: 2006/04/06) | AMD Athlon64 4000+ San Diego | 2x512 MB OCZ PC3200 CL2 Rev.2 Platinum | 2x200 GB Samsung S-ATA II as Raid0 | beQuiet!Titan BQT P5-470W-S1.3 | MSI GeForce NX6600GT-TD128E

isidro

isidro
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 24-March 06

Hi fernando I have an asrock b85m with XP in IDE mode now, it has 8c00/8c08 ide codes, and probably 8c02 in AHCI. I slippedstreamed your mod 11.0.2.1006 drivers and repair installed with USB, but failed after first boot, succeeded when I switched to a CD, but BSOD when I boot in AHCI mode. Is there a way to switch to AHCI without installing from scratch? I want to keep my programs. Thanks!

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 15,209 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

Is there a way to switch to AHCI without installing from scratch? I want to keep my programs. Thanks!

Maybe:

http://www.msfn.org/...-24#entry884409

http://forums.pcper....talling-Windows

jaclaz

Fernando 1

Fernando 1

Easy RAIDer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts
  • Joined 03-June 05

Is there a way to switch to AHCI without installing from scratch?

The switch of the SATA mode from within a running OS is always risky and may end with an unbootable OS. That is why I do not really recommend to do it.

If you want to do it nevertheless and are sure regarding the DeviceID of your on-board Intel SATA Controller after the switch to "AHCI", you can try the following:

1. Do a backup of your most important data (for the emergency case of a SATA mode switch failure).
  2. Boot into XP in IDE mode, run the Device Manager, expand the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section  and find out the Intel SATA Controller, where your system drive is connected.
  3. Right click onto the related Controller and choose the options "Update Driver Software ..." > "Browse my computer ..." > Let me pick ...".
  4. Hit the "Have Disk" button, navigate to the folder with the modded 32bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006, hit the file named iaAHCI.inf and choose the Intel SATA AHCI Controller, which will match your system after the later switch to AHCI mode. Ignore all warnings you will get and let the driver be installed.
  5. Enter the BIOS immediately while rebooting and set the Intel SATA Controller to "AHCI".
  6. Reboot and be lucky, if everything should work fine.

Edited by Fernando 1, 21 March 2015 - 03:42 AM.

My current system:
ASUS P8Z68-V | Intel Core i5 2500K | 2x4 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 | 2x128GB Crucial M4 SSD as RAID0 in SATA3 mode | Seasonic M12II-520 Modular 520W | ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB GDDR5
My old system:
DFI nF4 Ultra-D (BIOS: 2006/04/06) | AMD Athlon64 4000+ San Diego | 2x512 MB OCZ PC3200 CL2 Rev.2 Platinum | 2x200 GB Samsung S-ATA II as Raid0 | beQuiet!Titan BQT P5-470W-S1.3 | MSI GeForce NX6600GT-TD128E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users