HashTab is a Windows shell extension which adds a tab called "File Hashes" to the Windows Explorer file properties. The tab contains the MD5, SHA1 and CRC-32 file hashes. These are common hashes that are used to verify the integrity and authenticity of files. Many download sites list the MD5 hash along with the download link. The HashTab makes it very simple for Windows users to check these hashes on any file on the system without using external tools. The screenshot to the right shows an example.
Changelog: This version contains the following changes since version 2.0.8:
- Added drag and drop support for comparing files. Once the hash has completed, files can be dragged onto the HashTab. The dropped file will be hashed using the selected hash algorithm and the result is put in the text box and compared. This will make hash comparisons a little easier in some cases.
- Updated translations for German, Japanese, Italian, French, Ukrainian, Spanish, Finnish and Chinese.
- Fixed hash settings listbox layout.
- Added a "copy all" menu item to copy all hash data to clipboard.
- Fixed a problem where you had to hash a file in order to change settings.
- Added French translation .
- By popular demand, added support for MD2 and MD4 hashes.
- The translation file has been updated for the new UI elements. If you notice untranslated strings in your language, you can help by downloading the translation file, translating the missing strings and sending me the file. Thanks!
MD5 :: 11BD37F2180AF1DBB96941944E0CC6D5
Main :: esnips
Mirror :: mediafire
Mirror :: filefront
Edited by johndoe74, 02 September 2008 - 08:12 AM.