Help deleting luna theme folder (0kb)

paolo376

hi ive got this problem here, this theme called luna in the themes folder in windows xp sp2 ive managed to delete all the folder`s content but i cant delete the folder when ive used unlocker it deletes it but after ive restarted my computer and when ive checked it just creates the folder again.Please Help As Soon As You Can :hello:

Oh and by the way, when i used unlocker there is a (i dont know if its a task or a program) But is connected to winlogon.exe

Thanks in advance(as usual) :rolleyes:

Can you tell me how to disable the windows file protection, So that I can delete the luna theme cause i am replacing it with a smaller and simple theme.

I am the type of person who likes a old one and a new one. :sneaky:

A Google search for "Disable windows file protection" will point you in the right direction, but to be honest, I've never been able to completely disable it to my liking without disabling it pre-installation (using NLite).

You don't need to delete the "Luna" theme to add a new one however, but you will need to patch the "UXTheme.dll" file (which again, is easier to do pre-install, but is still possible afterwards). Doing a search for "Windows XP theme patch" or "uxtheme.dll patch" should point you in the right direction.

In my experience deleting Luna is a no go even if you turn off file protection. I tried it and ended up with bluescreen. Definitively not worth it since there is no problem in just keeping the folder where it is.

If you want to get rid of it, you should do it before you install windows, e.g. in nLite.