who says it doesn't pay to play games?

sedative

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99991847

excerpt:

A computer game played by thousands of enthusiasts over the Internet has spawned an economy with a per-capita income comparable to that of a small country, according to new research by a US economist.

The online fantasy game EverQuest lets players create and control characters - or avatars - within a fantasy world called Norrath. Characters gain skills and possessions that they can then trade with other players using the game's currency of "platinum pieces". However, many EverQuest players have found this process too complicated and have instead opted to sell their assets for real money though trading web sites such as eBay.

Man this is old news, EverCrack fans have sold their stuff online soo much that they have banned the ability on Ebay, the company forbids it..and for good reason...doesnt it take the fun out of the game?!? I dont know, but i actully like to play through it rather then cheat..but thats just me?!? lame asses! :)

-drew

I work with a guy that bought an Ultima Online castle off of Ebay for a couple of hundred dollars.

Even funnier . . . we got slambed with work for about 4 days straigh and wasn't able to keep the castle from disapearing.

I guess you need to log in every couple of days to stay alive.

Goto Ebay you will be shocked by what people are paying for this stuff.